WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

3rd chance at life.

Times Like These

Reaction score
In 2014 my good buddies wife donated her kidney to me. Had a bunch of complications, and unfortunately my body rejected it in August 2017. I started dialysis immediately and had been on it 3 days a week for 3.5 years. I got relisted for another transplant but they told me my chances were slim to none, as my antibodies were 100%. In other words, my body would reject any kidney they gave me. I found the expert in high antibodies and we worked hard to get them down, clinical trials, chemo, ivig and plasmapherisis. As I was sitting home on a Saturday, I got the call, we found a match and get to the hospital. So on Sunday Feb. 14th, Valentine’s Day I got my second kidney transplant. Came from a guy that died because of head trauma, 26 years younger than me. They had to fly the kidney from Hawaii, which is where I’m from.

Every thing has been going perfect, all my labs are perfect and can’t wait to get living again. Feel like the luckiest guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Riley1

Reaction score
Good to here. We’ll be praying that this one takes.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Cheehoo, thats good to hear, i hope things work out better this time!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Glad the timing was right, and the situation worked in your favor. I have the donor listing on my ID. Not looking forward to checking out, but if my demise helps out another, so be it.

DLC

Reaction score
Yes your a lucky guy! You hit the lottery!

congratulations what a gift to receive ! Cheers to a long, happy and healthy life!

Reactions: DWC

C-2

Reaction score
Awesome!

How long did you make it before your own/original kidney went south?

Last edited:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Holy fuck! That is amazing! Hoping the best for you.

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
Duane...

❤️ You my friend...
So happy and hope you can live a normal life.
Life is good.
See you soon

wzuber

Reaction score
wow..tough initial read but great conclusion. Good work on your part to keep fighting for a better outcome. I hope life only gets better from here forth for you.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Apparently, your not done yet! Who knows the greatness that awaits!
Congrats. Best of luck!

Sandlord

Reaction score
I’m so happy for you, Susi, and the girls.
You‘re a great person and friend.
The world is a better place with with your positive and happy vibe.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Like My wifes Transplant Doctor said to me after her Heart/Double Lung and two weeks of complications and being opened up in ICU unable to close......and he quotes " its not us - Someone up there wants her down here - thats all we can figure out" . Good luck with the new Kidney.

Times Like These

Reaction score
Awesome!

How long did you make it before your own/original kidney went south?

Had the first transplant at 51, and this one at 57.
Living on dialysis was a bitch. Every Mon., Weds and Friday for 3.5 hours. Couldn’t travel because I couldn’t miss treatment. A few times I would arrange to have treatment in Havasu, but the last year with covid, no ther facility would allow visitors. Always felt like shit. But I made a promise to my wife that I’d always keep fighting.

Cole Canadian

Reaction score
Glad the timing was right, and the situation worked in your favor. I have the donor listing on my ID. Not looking forward to checking out, but if my demise helps out another, so be it.
Was a bone marrow donor (aged out now) was called on to donate 12yrs ago. Get together with my recipient and his ( our) family once a year.
Is one of the most humbling experiences you can ever have.

Cole Canadian

Reaction score
In 2014 my good buddies wife donated her kidney to me. Had a bunch of complications, and unfortunately my body rejected it in August 2017. I started dialysis immediately and had been on it 3 days a week for 3.5 years. I got relisted for another transplant but they told me my chances were slim to none, as my antibodies were 100%. In other words, my body would reject any kidney they gave me. I found the expert in high antibodies and we worked hard to get them down, clinical trials, chemo, ivig and plasmapherisis. As I was sitting home on a Saturday, I got the call, we found a match and get to the hospital. So on Sunday Feb. 14th, Valentine’s Day I got my second kidney transplant. Came from a guy that died because of head trauma, 26 years younger than me. They had to fly the kidney from Hawaii, which is where I’m from.

Every thing has been going perfect, all my labs are perfect and can’t wait to get living again. Feel like the luckiest guy.

Hope everything works out great for you this time.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Had the first transplant at 51, and this one at 57.
Living on dialysis was a bitch. Every Mon., Weds and Friday for 3.5 hours. Couldn’t travel because I couldn’t miss treatment. A few times I would arrange to have treatment in Havasu, but the last year with covid, no ther facility would allow visitors. Always felt like shit. But I made a promise to my wife that I’d always keep fighting.

"EVERYTHING" is Possibe now with this True Blessing. Life is Wonderful, and when it is Right do something Very Special for your Wife who supported and Loved you through this most difficult period of Life.👍

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Was a bone marrow donor (aged out now) was called on to donate 12yrs ago. Get together with my recipient and his ( our) family once a year.
Is one of the most humbling experiences you can ever have.
Thank you.
Having been on the list but eventually not needing it.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
What’s that saying “Third times a charm” congrats to you. Hope everything goes well for you.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Congratulations! This thread is close to my heart, man. I donated a kidney to my brother 5 years ago. He's going strong.

I'm curious about something. One of my biggest fears, was donating and having it rejected. I'm wondering how your buddie's wife is doing, and if you guys have talked about that.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Great news stay strong prayers . High blood pressure will eat your kidneys guys stay healthy

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How do you even attempt to pay your buddies wife back? That is about the most generous thing someone can do..

I am stoked for you that you got a match! Cheers to life and you living it!

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow. What an amazing blessing! Glad you're kicking ass now.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Waterheater

Reaction score
Congratulations! I love hearing stories like this. I went through the exact same thing. On my second kidney for two years now. I have to do my PSA. If you're not listed as a donor, please do it. There are so many people in need of kidney. If you know some with kidney failure. Get tested and see if you're a match. Living donors are blessing from God. I was lucky enough to have a friend donate to me.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Glad for you that things are working out.

If your name was Grads I wouldn't give a shit but the good news is you're not him. Best of luck with your health.