WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

School me on Jeeps

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Maybe 1000 bucks could be more I might be high balling it
A new 5 piece set with cheap wheels and really cheap tires is $2800 so I was thinking $1200-1400
I do understand used tires and wheels is rough market. Guess I’m staying with 18”s lol

Singleton

Reaction score
What do you guys think these wheels and tires are worth?
Fuel wheels
Toyo Open Country 35x12.50x18
5 wheels and tires the spare tire has never been used. Other tires 40-50% tread.

maybe 650 to 750 for everything.
Tires look old (cracks), what is the date stamp?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
maybe 650 to 750 for everything.
Tires look old (cracks), what is the date stamp?
For 750 I won’t get out of this chair and look lol.
I will keep them and buy 4 new tires before winter.

only reason I wanted to sell is the valve stem
Location makes airing down a pain View attachment 988610

CLdrinker

Reaction score
For 750 I won’t get out of this chair and look lol.
I will keep them and buy 4 new tires before winter.

only reason I wanted to sell is the valve stem
Location makes airing down a pain View attachment 988610

Kind of answers my question though. It don’t make $ense to sell and buy 17’s

dribble

Reaction score
Keep in mind a TrueTrac is useless when one wheel has little weight on it or is off the ground. It is an open diff in that scenario.

You can transfer power to the wheel on the ground by applying a little parking brake and I figure with the fronts locked this will cover 99.9 percent of the situations I plan on being in.

JD D05

Reaction score
I have a ton of parts on order and basically upgrading most the components from the Mopar lift with 3000 miles on it. Put the front bumper on last night.

20210402_190153.jpg

DaBank

Reaction score
I saw you drive by on Bear Valley and I Ave on Thursday I believe, I was at Shell gas station. We should meet up and do some trails one day.

Attachments

• 20210328_133636.jpg
    20210328_133636.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 81

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I saw you drive by on Bear Valley and I Ave on Thursday I believe, I was at Shell gas station. We should meet up and do some trails one day.
That was me. I was going to get a spare key made.

DaBank

Reaction score
That was me. I was going to get a spare key made.
You where in the turning lane and a sliver Ram was on the side of you blocking most of your Jeep and I told my wife there is a guy from Riverdaves and his new Jeep and she looks and says "who, i don't see a Jeep and what did you say about the river?" LOL

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I really like that color. That’s what I wanted to get. Just didn’t work out. Are you on 37’s? I would like to do that but that is an expensive can of worms to step up to 37’s.

DaBank

Reaction score
I really like that color. That’s what I wanted to get. Just didn’t work out. Are you on 37’s? I would like to do that but that is an expensive can of worms to step up to 37’s.
The color is Gobi and that is why I bought it.lol
I have had a few Jeep's with 35's to 40's and 35's on a Rubicon you can do pretty much anything you want unless you are out there to play on the big rocks and want to spend $$ on axles and upgrades and do body damage and trail repairs.
For a daily driver or for a family's 3rd vehicle 35's are prefect to drive to and from the trails.
37's are the biggest you would want for a daily driver.
I had a 2010 JKU Rubicon with the same fenders (to keep a lower center of gravity) as yours with 35's and a 3" lift with built internals in stock Dana 44 housings with 513 gears. Jeep drove great on/off road and it had 28k miles when I got rid of it 3 years ago, 90% of those miles where offroad. 35's are perfect for family fun.
Make sure you have a winch and recover gear!!

Attachments

• 20210403_174223.jpg
    20210403_174223.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 88

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Anybody know what this is? Looks like a Jack or rotopax mount. Also I think I have an upgraded tire mount.
3BF3263A-CCB2-4295-BCBB-BD2F9342A2F3.jpeg
2ECBC269-99D7-4633-BEA9-857DE860C807.jpeg

81Sprint

Reaction score

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Looks like a Hi Lift jack mount, but also looks pretty universal, CB, RotoPAX or Jerry Can would be pretty easy to set up on there. Pic of a Jeep in front of me in Moab with that kinda setup
View attachment 990005
I’m trying to figure out my Jack setup and location. I would also like to bring along 5gal of gas just in case.

Roof racks aren’t cheap lol

81Sprint

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out my Jack setup and location. I would also like to bring along 5gal of gas just in case.

Roof racks aren’t cheap lol
This is my Rotopax setup, and the mount I got from Rock Slide Engineering. Easy to take off when you don't need it, straps around the spare with their mounts and it was pretty cheap. I have my hi lift mounted inside on the rollcage. Keeps sticky fingers and weather off it

Amazon.com: Hi-Lift Jack RC-875 Roll Cage Mount (For Jeep JK): Automotive

Roto Pax.jpg

Last edited:

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
My friends have shit but never use it. I have 2 buddy that bought his toy hauler same time I did January 2020. He has used it once. he also has a Jeep that has never seen dirt.
My other buddy hasn’t used his Toyhauler in over a year.
So I don’t rely on anyone.

You need new friends!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CLdrinker

Reaction score
This is my Rotopax setup, and the mount I got from Rock Slide Engineering. Easy to take off when you don't need it, straps around the spare with their mounts and it was pretty cheap. I have my hi lift mounted inside on the rollcage. Keeps sticky fingers and weather off it

Amazon.com: Hi-Lift Jack RC-875 Roll Cage Mount (For Jeep JK): Automotive

View attachment 990015

I like those roll bar Jack mounts. Any jacks that are better than others?
Just the standard 48” hi lift.

Kbach

Reaction score

They also make jack mounts that get it up out of the way by the roof. I made some for my JL but I know there’s companies out there that make them for the JKs. I’ll shoot a pic and add it when I get home.

81Sprint

Reaction score

Standard hi lift is all you need, make sure to get an isolator so it doesn't rattle it just slips over the handle. Also i bought this attachment for the hi lift to hook to the shackles on the bumper to make it safer to jack up. Here is the link, and they have some other cool stuff as well.

Hi Lift.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I am deviated. He we go out for a nice day in the desert. A few days later I find that the wife goes out and washes the Jeep. I just lost any cred that I might have had now that it looks like a mall crawler. I guess the only solution is to get back out on the trails and get it dirty again. That will teach her. LOL

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Love me some Coopers! I wanted Nittos, but they were on back order so they suggested the Coopers. I've been happy with them.
cooper.jpg

Beerme

Reaction score
What's the deal, are we getting together next weekend for a RDP IE ride?

Dana757

Reaction score
I am deviated. He we go out for a nice day in the desert. A few days later I find that the wife goes out and washes the Jeep. I just lost any cred that I might have had now that it looks like a mall crawler. I guess the only solution is to get back out on the trails and get it dirty again. That will teach her. LOL

Jeep creed comes from rock rashed wheels, pin strips and maybe a dent or 2. Can't wash those off. :)

Dana757

Reaction score
Standard hi lift is all you need, make sure to get an isolator so it doesn't rattle it just slips over the handle. Also i bought this attachment for the hi lift to hook to the shackles on the bumper to make it safer to jack up. Here is the link, and they have some other cool stuff as well.

View attachment 990061
[/QUOTE]

Can you get to that with the tailgate closed? Most of the time I'm hung up my tail gate is not opening, no way no how.

81Sprint

Reaction score

Can you get to that with the tailgate closed? Most of the time I'm hung up my tail gate is not opening, no way no how.
[/QUOTE]
if I needed to, just gotta go lay the back seat down and crawl in lol

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I think we are doing big bear hwy 18 to pioneertown

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Forget the Hi-Lift jack - carrying all that weight around while almost never using it (not the safest thing in the world to use). Better off with a good hi-lift bottle jack for most applications.

Rotopax - 1 on each side...
Jeep w- Rotopax - 1.jpeg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Jeep creed comes from rock rashed wheels, pin strips and maybe a dent or 2. Can't wash those off. :)

Thank you for the clarification. I will work on all of those items so my wife can no longer keep me oppressed. 👍

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Sounds like we are going to calico on Sunday. Meeting on Dale evans on ramp at 9:30am.

This is not my rodeo and we haven’t ever been before. So patients and good attitudes only.

If you guys want to join.

Last edited:

81Sprint

Reaction score
Any of you guys ever use the high lift jack? Dangerous as hell. I keep a heavy duty bottle jack in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They can be dangerous, that's why i bought the attachment to hook onto the shackle mount to make a solid connection between the jeep and the jack. To each their own, bottle jacks work also

Beerme

Reaction score
Sounds like we are going to calico on Sunday. Meeting on Dale evans on ramp at 9:30am.

This is not my rodeo and we haven’t ever been before. So patients and good attitudes only.

If you guys want to join.
A little too far for me to travel that day as my wife has committed us to a birthday party that evening. Thank you and have fun!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Jeep is at the shop getting a transmission service and alignment. Guy said it has some “weird” parts and is having problems setting the caster.

it has a basic 2.5” rubicon express kit.

From what I can figure out is I will need new lower front arms at a minimum.

Thoughts?