WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RR vs SxS

franky

Reaction score
Just read that a couple of SxS made a bad decision up near Golden Valley this afternoon. Waited for an Eastbound train to pass but didn't see the Westbound train. Three dead.

FATAL VEHICLE/ TRAIN COLLISION- GOLDEN VALLEY

On Sunday (4/4) at approximately 2:42 PM, Mohave County Sheriff’s Office Deputies responded to a vehicle vs. train collision in Golden Valley. Deputies arrived on scene and observed two vehicles had been hit by the train. Three occupants of the two vehicles were deceased on scene.

The investigation revealed that the two vehicles were stopped at the railroad crossing, waiting for a passing east bound train at milepost crossing 528.6. Once the east bound train passed, they began to cross the intersection, not seeing that a west bound train was approaching. Both vehicles were hit by the train. This investigation is ongoing.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
If true that’s incredibly tragic. Not that any day is better than the next but especially on Easter. I hope this isn’t true...

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
FATAL VEHICLE/ TRAIN COLLISION- GOLDEN VALLEY

On Sunday (4/4) at approximately 2:42 PM, Mohave County Sheriff’s Office Deputies responded to a vehicle vs. train collision in Golden Valley. Deputies arrived on scene and observed two vehicles had been hit by the train. Three occupants of the two vehicles were deceased on scene.

The investigation revealed that the two vehicles were stopped at the railroad crossing, waiting for a passing east bound train at milepost crossing 528.6. Once the east bound train passed, they began to cross the intersection, not seeing that a west bound train was approaching. Both vehicles were hit by the train. This investigation is ongoing.

169138212_4060377970650629_6454454424786658299_n.jpg

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Same thing happened in glamis about 12 years ago with some teenage girls. There was no more crossing the tracks after that. Very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

grumpy88

Reaction score
Wtf ! How many times does something like this need to happen ? I feel bad for the passengers and family .

JayBreww

Reaction score
Wtf ! How many times does something like this need to happen ? I feel bad for the passengers and family .

I mean I would call this a freak accident. Sounds like they did the right thing and waited out the first one but didn’t see the second? I think most of us would go WOT after waiting for a train for what could have been a while.
RIP to those lost today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
How sad. Interesting how it happened With the two trains. We were driving about that time on the 40 and I said to the wife that there were a lot fo trains on the tracks. In both direction. There were 5 or 6 from the 95/40 to just before Kingman.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Same thing happened in glamis about 12 years ago with some teenage girls. There was no more crossing the tracks after that. Very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was out there that weekend , bad day indeed.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
How sad. Interesting how it happened With the two trains. We were driving about that time on the 40 and I said to the wife that there were a lot fo trains on the tracks. In both direction. There were 5 or 6 from the 95/40 to just before Kingman.
To be honest the rear of a train clearing when the other enters is the most common incident. I know who the crew was, and as sad as it is for the family’s, the crew get to live with the vision forever.

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
The blue one is a caged Toyota rock crawler.

rip to all those involved! You need to keep your head on a swivel especially with noise canceling head sets on.

imaging what the train engineers are going thru.....

what a loss

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I must have been done in by a train in a previous life. I avoid them like the plague, and slow down or stop when coming up on a crossing, unless I have clear unrestricted view in both directions. Especially on a double track. When I first got out of the Coast Guard I considered working for the local railroad. After all, they used the same EMDs and Fairbanks-Morse that I worked on and went to school for. When I went in to get an application, one of the guys took me up on an Engine for a walk-through. As soon as he fired it up, you'd think I'd be in my element, but something just didn't feel right, and anxiety (which I'd never had before) kicked in. I declined the application.

Getting hit by a train has to be one of the most painful ways to go there is. Not happening on my watch.

buck35

Reaction score
For the life of me ,I've never understood how you get hit by a train. I grew up in a small town not far from the tracks. The ground shakes and they are quite visable if you look..

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
For the life of me ,I've never understood how you get hit by a train. I grew up in a small town not far from the tracks. The ground shakes and they are quite visable if you look..
Crazy wild how so many think they are so loud, however at higher speeds they aren’t all that loud at all.
I’ve been surprised by one or two, at least and I should know better.

outboard_256

Reaction score
I must have been done in by a train in a previous life. I avoid them like the plague, and slow down or stop when coming up on a crossing, unless I have clear unrestricted view in both directions. Especially on a double track. When I first got out of the Coast Guard I considered working for the local railroad. After all, they used the same EMDs and Fairbanks-Morse that I worked on and went to school for. When I went in to get an application, one of the guys took me up on an Engine for a walk-through. As soon as he fired it up, you'd think I'd be in my element, but something just didn't feel right, and anxiety (which I'd never had before) kicked in. I declined the application.

Getting hit by a train has to be one of the most painful ways to go there is. Not happening on my watch.

I don't remember where I heard this but most of the deaths' on tracks are suicides'. They know the train can't stop.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Lost my nephew few months ago from trying to beat the train in riverside.
To make it worse, my brother ( his dad ) lives with in a couple miles just up the hill from where it happened.
You can hear the horns blowing in the distance every night from his backyard. 😪

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think in this case, the passing train hid view of the oncoming train, and the ground was still shaking from the first as well. I've never had noise cancelling headphones, but that could play a roll as well. I'd assume for two vehicles to get hit, they were side by side, and floored it when they thought they were clear.