WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you listening to, right now?

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Theory of a dead man are a bit popish but this song was top of the charts 5-6 years ago I’d guess now.

Mototrig

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210416-084630.png

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Haven’t seen this video in quite a while.
They are very liberal but good music sometimes transcends social issues...or not not.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
..,Songs to a seagull ...Joni Mitchell’s first album...

Reactions: C-2

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Love Devotion and Surrender... Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin ...there is a whole Lotta guitar strangeling going on in this album...
...John McLaughlin many many decades ago was a regular hanger outer at the love of my life’s apartment in Chicago...Saw Carlos Santana play in Tijuana Mexico at a nightclub in 1965... he had yet to cross the border...

D331B38C-51A3-4839-BE23-121440BAD180.jpeg

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...The mark almond band... I’m getting into my Jazzie oriented stuff... not sure when this album was released???...

image.jpg

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
...Love Devotion and Surrender... Carlos Santana and John McLaughlin ...there is a whole Lotta guitar strangeling going on in this album...
...John McLaughlin many many decades ago was a regular hanger outer at the love of my life’s apartment in Chicago...Saw Carlos Santana play play in Tijuana Mexico at a nightclub in 1965... he had yet to cross the border...

View attachment 993352

Great story but holy shit. 1965? I was 1. 😳

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Great story but holy shit. 1965? I was 1. 😳
...You were one and I was 19 wearing a sport coat and tie to work...Litton Industries...big-time electronics firm...There’s a pretty good chance you’re going to outlive me unless you have seriously beat up your body👍...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... This album was a biggie in 1968... John Mayall was booked along with all the psychedelic rock bands...even though this is far from psychedelic...
...Saw this album played verbatim many times in 1968...Santa Monica civic...Lake Almanor rock festival ...several other venues???..,

197FD1BB-F579-489D-8984-742FC5D94656.jpeg

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
...You were one and I was 19 wearing a sport coat and tie to work...Litton Industries...big-time electronics firm...There’s a pretty good chance you’re going to outlive me unless you have seriously beat up your body👍...
My best friend from work, born 48, likes telling me about his adventures in SF, summer of 69.
Peace, love etc. Plenty of stories of free sex and drugs.
Glad he’s not as liberal as his wife is.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
...I can’t get this out of my head...holy crap thanks for posting...is that from a movie???...

Yeah the movie is black snake moan. It's a damn good one. Christina richie with a 40 lb chain wrapped around her waist and samuel l jackson trying to cure her of her demons. Well worth the watch. The music is damn good

C-2

Reaction score
Cash was part of a dynasty during Country's greatest, but short lived, era. He married into royalty by hooking up with June, and June's sister Anita was married to Cash's longtime guitarist Bob Wooten (seen in the video behind her), who replaced Luther Perkins after he died in ahouse fire. Anita also sang a duet with Hank Sr, one of the few live clips ever recorded of Hank. Her version of Kristofferson's Loving HIM Was Easier was solid, but in fairness, the song was crafted and written so well that it sounded great no matter who sung it...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Curtis Mayfield live… I know nothing about this album ...when I put it on yesterday I was not into the vibe… Today is a different story👍... all I know so far it was it was recorded at the bitter end in New York...
30CEE183-5270-4AE6-8EDB-ACB286295FD3.jpeg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... The art of Freddie Hubbard straight out smooth jazz... never really was a jazz fan but this is actually kind of soothing on a hot day of sitting in the garage...
D546A9D3-A4F7-4130-9833-5911EC8D6306.jpeg

C-2

Reaction score
Daaaaaayum...look what popped up. Social D at legendary CBGB's in New York circa 1992. What an awesome set.

And a total WTF, "Sick Girl" @58:35 instead of Sick Boys. If you also listen to his intro to 99 to Life, where he describes the song as a guy who stabbed his girlfriend, he then says "She shouldn't have been fuckin' around"...it's clear he was pissed off at his ole' lady that night and changed Sick Boys to Sick Girl.

Anyhow, if they played Mommy's Little Monster it would have been a perfect set..

Favs: Making Believe (Kitty Wells remake)@46:14, 99 to Life@26:55

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Daaaaaayum...look what popped up. Social D at legendary CBGB's in New York circa 1992. What an awesome set.

And a total WTF, "Sick Girl" @58:35 instead of Sick Boys. If you also listen to his intro to 99 to Life, where he describes the song as a guy who stabbed his girlfriend, he then says "She shouldn't have been fuckin' around"...it's clear he was pissed off at his ole' lady that night and changed Sick Boys to Sick Girl.

Anyhow, if they played Mommy's Little Monster it would have been a perfect set..

Damn Mike is young there. I would have loved to see a show at CBGB. The movie they made about Hilly is one of my favorite:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Listened to this 1966 double album release all the way through the other day ...but it was so mind boggling I don’t remember any of the lyrics except for...Help I’m a Rock...which we played over and over and over again at the Polynesian in Parker... That would’ve had to been 1967...when marijuana had just entered into us straight arrows game...4 track Muntz stereo in my ‘67 Bug...
...Going to be a while before I get into the mood of deciphering Frank Zappas lyrical expose’...
...Saw the Mothers quite frequently at a club called the Magic Mushroom on Ventura Boulevard ...no liquor ...the sole intent of the club was for everyone to have a great psychedelic experience and indeed that did happen...very little on the Internet about the Magic Mushroom???...
...Had some posters from the club but there was this chick that decided she needed my posters more than myself ...turned out I was OK with that ...as the vision of her naked body was far superior than a couple of posters...
7C69E808-7132-41E8-BF8A-11F3584859A3.jpeg

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score

Yeah that one was a bit odd, what song was Roth singing, lol? Started off great, but like most VH shows, nosedived pretty quickly when it came time for lyrics to leave his mouth. Eddie/Alex sounded great!

C-2

Reaction score
Really early Talking Heads at CBGB

Man, I remember hating Talking Heads in high school, but now I really dig them. My daughter and I watched Stop Making Sense not too long ago and I've watched it several times since. Once in a Lifetime is always ripping in our house!

TrollerDave

Reaction score
...Listened to this 1966 double album release all the way through the other day ...but it was so mind boggling I don’t remember any of the lyrics except for...Help I’m a Rock...which we played over and over and over again at the Polynesian in Parker... That would’ve had to been 1967...when marijuana had just entered into us straight arrows game...4 track Muntz stereo in my ‘67 Bug...
...Going to be a while before I get into the mood of deciphering Frank Zappas lyrical expose’...
...Saw the Mothers quite frequently at a club called the Magic Mushroom on Ventura Boulevard ...no liquor ...the sole intent of the club was for everyone to have a great psychedelic experience and indeed that did happen...very little on the Internet about the Magic Mushroom???...
...Had some posters from the club but there was this chick that decided she needed my posters more than myself ...turned out I was OK with that ...as the vision of her naked body was far superior than a couple of posters... View attachment 994777
It’s been said before, you really need to write a book. I dig reading your stories.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
It’s been said before, you really need to write a book. I dig reading your stories.
... well thanks... now if my little 26-year-old neighbor knew how to take dictation that might be feasible... only currently she’s too busy trying to get her brother thrown out of her grandmothers house😱...
...Probably should’ve started on it along time ago ...the majority of us are still breathing but there’s a couple of guys whose brains I should pick who are right at the 80 year old mark...hmmm???...Dunno???...

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Good stuff here... had to cheat and ask Google as to whether this was Joe Cocker’s first or second album...2nd...
...Think I posted this before... but I was at A&M studios when some friends were recording there ...a couple from our bunch were rapidly walking down the hallway ...so I tagged along ...we went into the studio where Joe Cocker was doing the vocals on Delta Lady or Dear Landlord???.., I kind a think it was a Delta Lady???..,long time ago 1969...What a powerhouse he was ...even with us barging into the control room he didn’t even flinch👍...
6249AB62-12A5-4411-A68D-0F683E3BCD0A.jpeg

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score

Love Social D and Mike Ness’ solo punked our country stuff... Have seen them and Ness solo many a time. If you’re ever doing an hour or more of mindless work (washing the car, etc...) pop this on:

Sturgill’s first band: more punked out country, blues, bluegrass... The dude is honest to goodness amazing.

MOUZER

Reaction score
got the lights off windows open watching lightning and listening to the loud thunder over the lake...crazy tonight n SC

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... Randy Newman‘s 12 songs...
Google Piano Peggy Sandvig she was laying under a grand piano as Randy Newman played this entire album before it was released... she told him every note and every cord that he played...
0611DF43-404F-4D80-9C9E-24F4404A96BD.jpeg

RCDave

Reaction score
Damn. An awesome rock sound from a new band. Maybe there is hope for the future...

Watch "Dirty Honey - Down The Road (Suitcase Sessions)" on YouTube