WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lost at sea for 435 days

Taboma

Reaction score
Holy crap what a story.

I'm always amazed when I view the aviation or marine tracking websites by the incredible numbers of planes or ships displayed. Seems the entire air space or ocean surface is packed. Easy to assume they're more lucky they didn't get run over than lost at sea. Only when you zoom in, do you realize in most areas or the ocean, there's vast distance between those dots.
I recall our many years spent offshore fishing and once out a few miles, if you were not in the shipping lanes, or known fishing hot spots, you could go all day and rarely see another boat, unless it was just a tiny dot on the horizon.
Hell of a story of survival !!!

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I can tell you, I’ve spent a lot of time looking out the window flying from the mainland to Hawaii, and I can’t see anything down there from 35+ Thousand feet.. seeing a raft would be really hard. I’m not sure a signal mirror would do anything. I might see the rescue flare at night...

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I read the book about his story, calle 438 Days, Adrift at sea.

It was a good book. At one point they estimate he was caught in a circular current, just going around in large circles, for 3 months.

It is even more amazing that was in one of those white pachanga boats you see in foreign countries.

Sent From Tapatalk

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... looks like I’ll have to subscribe to something to see the end of the story???...