WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Construction on Mohave Road (Through CRIT Reservation) Until March 2022.

Taboma

Reaction score
No Chit!!! Better tell some friends to take I40, That'll make them happy. I'd detour through New York to not drive Rice Rd.
You saw the wink wink right ? 😁 I don't want to lead any fellow ole home boys astray here. 😁

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I'm a Wilson Agnes regular going home always. Its a peaceful drive and adds 10 - 15 min.

I'm usually worn out and have no patience for the Jack Holes on 62/177.

Going to the river I'm part of the Jack Hole club and cant possibly waste 15 min. .:)

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm a Wilson Agnes regular going home always. Its a peaceful drive and adds 10 - 15 min.

Going to the river I'm part of the Jack Hole club and cant possibly waste 15 min. .:)

So you prefer driving up the CA side 95 to going straight up through Ehrenberg ? We'd planned to try that route if they made AZ side difficult, but so far wide open.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

We would use the Agnes Wilson way but it brings back to MANY memories of our younger life at Water Wheel!!! :D

boatdoc55

Reaction score
So you prefer driving up the CA side 95 to going straight up through Ehrenberg ? We'd planned to try that route if they made AZ side difficult, but so far wide open.
We sure as hell wouldn't!!

Groper

Reaction score
Why do people dislike Rice Road (177) so much...? Seems most people try to avoid that route..?? 🤔

There's just way too much weird shit going on on that road late at night :eek:
a0ce1ba9c21b6f00ccb24cba4a55aa3d--best-tv-vintage-tv.jpg

Took that road 10 or more trips a year for over 12 years, then a string of ugly incidents, wife had enough carnage and is firmly against taking that route. So for the last 10, we haven't.
I personally don't care either way, and although a few minutes longer, I find the alternate far more relaxing, I like the stretch through the farmland.
This ^^^^^ I'm always checking out the fields sometimes stopping and detouring through the fields looking for birds to shoot and of coarse we do eat them ;)

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
We would use the Agnes Wilson way but it brings back to MANY memories of our younger life at Water Wheel!!! :D
Love that place. I also spent a bunch of time at Aha Quin. That whole section of river is really special.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

The key is not to be in a hurry, set cruise at a speed the po-po ignore and keep your eyes on the road.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
OK here's the deal.....

Wilson Agnes avoids Vidal and me digging my fucking Anchor out although I rarely tow the boat home any more.
Wilson Agnes avoids The checkpoint on the 10.
Wilson Agnes avoids the onslaught of Ehrenberg butterflies a couple times a year.
Wilson Agnes avoids the ticket for going 61 in a 55 on CRIT 1 . Yes that guy was me some 20+ years ago. I started a HotBoat thread over it and the term the CRIT cop used "You People". LOL

I have never had a ticket on rice but the day is coming. It's difficult to pull your boat and set your cruise at say 63 and avoid getting killed.

CA95 is peaceful, get on the 10 easy. Now a days you can tuck in behind an 18 wheeler and relax because he's going 70+ without a care in the world for the CHP.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

ROC owns a place there (Firehouse Grill in Palm Desert)
My Ex BIL still owns a place there

I don't know how things are since CRIT took it over some years back. I have boated that part of the river once Headgate to the Diversion.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I realize I wrote Eastbound out of Kingman, I meant to write westbound through Kingman towards Havasu -- Oops.

I make that drive from Kingman to Havasu 5 days a week, and yes, that slow lane is bad! The truckers don't even like running it. I have passed several that just hand out in the fast lane. Also, if you have to run the slow lane, you can run either of the paint lines and miss most of the craters

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
OK here's the deal.....

Wilson Agnes avoids Vidal and me digging my fucking Anchor out although I rarely tow the boat home any more.
Wilson Agnes avoids The checkpoint on the 10.
Wilson Agnes avoids the onslaught of Ehrenberg butterflies a couple times a year.
Wilson Agnes avoids the ticket for going 61 in a 55 on CRIT 1 . Yes that guy was me some 20+ years ago. I started a HotBoat thread over it and the term the CRIT cop used "You People". LOL

I have never had a ticket on rice but the day is coming. It's difficult to pull your boat and set your cruise at say 63 and avoid getting killed.

CA95 is peaceful, get on the 10 easy. Now a days you can tuck in behind an 18 wheeler and relax because he's going 70+ without a care in the world for the CHP.

I drive this way a couple times a month having a place at LL, its nice and quiet, lets keep it that way lol Agnes Wilson is CLOSED!!!!

Also, I have jumped off the bridge into the river twice, Ill never do it again. I have always wanted to stop and measure how tall it is but haven't yet

Taboma

Reaction score
I make that drive from Kingman to Havasu 5 days a week, and yes, that slow lane is bad! The truckers don't even like running it. I have passed several that just hand out in the fast lane. Also, if you have to run the slow lane, you can run either of the paint lines and miss most of the craters

When we returning from our ranch North of Kingman around 3 PM and after getting on the 40 heading westbound we ran into a big traffic jam through Kingman, apparently caused by mainly trucks exiting on 93 heading to Vegas. First time we've ever found this to be the case, is this a new norm, or just one of those days ??

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
When we returning from our ranch North of Kingman around 3 PM and after getting on the 40 heading westbound we ran into a big traffic jam through Kingman, apparently caused by mainly trucks exiting on 93 heading to Vegas. First time we've ever found this to be the case, is this a new norm, or just one of those days ??

I'm fortunate and take Old 66 through the canyon and get on the 40 @ Shinarump, but yes, the Beale St exit and Beale St its self can be a royal mess any given day of the week. I'm off work at 1500 and its screwed up then, Id imagine it only get worse

Taboma

Reaction score
Well we're coming into Kingman on Andy Devine (66), I could certainly just stay on it to Shinarump, just never done it. I'll try that next trip 👍

boatdoc55

Reaction score
Well we're coming into Kingman on Andy Devine (66), I could certainly just stay on it to Shinarump, just never done it. I'll try that next trip 👍
Been going to Kingman one day a week for 2 months and had never thought about the slow lane as we don't travel in it. Today I did take notice, HOLY CRAP BATMAN, one could get lost in some of those holes!!!

boatdoc55

Reaction score
Love that place. I also spent a bunch of time at Aha Quin. That whole section of river is really special.
Almost feels like the wife and I spent our whole 20 somethings at Water Wheel!!! Had the first gull wing that place had ever seen. Damn did we have a good time there and then the injens through us out.

Taboma

Reaction score
Almost feels like the wife and I spent our whole 20 somethings at Water Wheel!!! Had the first gull wing that place had ever seen. Damn did we have a good time there and then the injens through us out.

Spending my childhood summers at Lake Arrowhead, I'd only heard about "The River" and finally got to experience it in 67' when I was invited to go with the journeyman I was working with his family. It was one of the trailer parks north of Blythe a ways on the CA side off 95. Down river a couple of miles was another resort with a restaurant bar, pool table setup.
Anyway, smoothest and warmest water I'd ever skied on, that was the most welcoming water I'd ever experienced --- sure was spoiled when I went back up to Arrowhead, jumped in, my balls shriveled, dick shrank and the damned chop was back. 😂

boatdoc55

Reaction score
Spending my childhood summers at Lake Arrowhead, I'd only heard about "The River" and finally got to experience it in 67' when I was invited to go with the journeyman I was working with his family. It was one of the trailer parks north of Blythe a ways on the CA side off 95. Down river a couple of miles was another resort with a restaurant bar, pool table setup.
Anyway, smoothest and warmest water I'd ever skied on, that was the most welcoming water I'd ever experienced --- sure was spoiled when I went back up to Arrowhead, jumped in, my balls shriveled, dick shrank and the damned chop was back. 😂
The wife and I wouldn't give one second of our Water Wheel days back!! Our 25 year stint in Oregon was great as we got to live the Oregon Coast Dream and the last 13 years got to winter at Mayflower County Park just a short way up Cal 95 from Blythe.

Groper

Reaction score
Hey Taboma,

I was at F&G in Kingman a few weeks ago and there was a guy there buying Mountain Lion tags or permits, he said that they have had an increase of ML's activity on their Ranch and they have killed a few some are very large Cats.
He mentioned that they have cut back acres of Junipers and now the wild grass is flourishing and brought in tons of wildlife to feed on the grass attracting the ML's that are now killing the Elk & Deer calves.
The guy pointed to the Mountains east of Kingman an hour or two away.
Is this an area where you reside ?
Not asking for a friend lol im asking cuz im looking for a Ranch to hunt Deer & Elk. 😁

Taboma

Reaction score
Hey Taboma,

I was at F&G in Kingman a few weeks ago and there was a guy there buying Mountain Lion tags or permits, he said that they have had an increase of ML's activity on their Ranch and they have killed a few some are very large Cats.
He mentioned that they have cut back acres of Junipers and now the wild grass is flourishing and brought in tons of wildlife to feed on the grass attracting the ML's that are now killing the Elk & Deer calves.
The guy pointed to the Mountains east of Kingman an hour or two away.
Is this an area where you reside ?
Not asking for a friend lol im asking cuz im looking for a Ranch to hunt Deer & Elk. 😁

We do get the occasional big kitty, in fact a few years ago one was taken on our property by the area cattle rancher after it killed a couple of calves. But otherwise the hunting in our immediate area is limited to a couple of short seasons of Black Powder and Bow.
The area you're referring to is east of us and either at or just beyond where Joel, Wash 11's amazing farm is located, which is Fort Rock Ranch. There is a hunting ranch located there, Dunton Ranch I believe is the name.
Here's a kitty my neighbor caught on his game cam one afternoon.
Mountain lion SVR.jpg

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
So I made the drive today.
They have the main road closed down and are diverting traffic on a side frontage dirt road parallel to the highway for about a Mile.
Thin lanes lined by k rail.

Icky

Reaction score
Any updates on this, bringing my 5th wheel out Fri

USClb41

Reaction score
We did it last week, you can get through in a vehicle, like pkrrv619 said, it's kind of a side dirt road that skirts the bridge, it's a little narrow, I think getting a 5th wheel through there would be a little tricky, may not want to try it.

Havasu Home

Retired
Reaction score
Any updates on road closure/bypass. Going back to CA next Monday and prefer that way to go.

Singleton

Reaction score
Any updates on road closure/bypass. Going back to CA next Monday and prefer that way to go.

still under construction. Bypass is getting potholed and rough.
if I have a trailer I jump over to Ca side of the 95 at Angus Wilson Rd

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Yeah that will be the way to Glamis, no way you can make that chicane thing with a motorhome and enclosed trailer

Singleton

Reaction score
Yeah that will be the way to Glamis, no way you can make that chicane thing with a motorhome and enclosed trailer

Have to bring the trailer home from the Islander in 3 weeks. I am only 58 (23‘ truck, 35’ trailer), I will be doing the bypass or going through Quartzsite down to Yuma and take the 8

Havasu Home

Retired
Reaction score
We will just be in our car heading back to CA after being here 6 months. Think safe for just a car or would you suggest groining Angus Wilson RD?

MCnParker

Reaction score
We will just be in our car heading back to CA after being here 6 months. Think safe for just a car or would you suggest groining Angus Wilson RD?
We have been going this way the whole summer, not an issue in a car just watch for the pot holes in the 1/4 mile diversion and you will be fine!

phuggit

Reaction score
Anyone know if the bridge project is finished yet?

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Came through around noon. Pot holes are bad, and no one was working on the bridge.

phinz

Reaction score
Any updates? The summer is coming and I would like to use that road

Groper

Reaction score
Yes,

These are from last sunday 4/24, it looks like a ghost town, the chicane around the cones in the center of the turns are a PITA and you can see where others have had a tuff time negotiating them LOL

Sorry I don't have any photos of the tight turns coming from the south traveling north, I had a beverage in one hand the phone in another hand driving with a knee, there was a delineator on its side that was fun to avoid :eek:

Completion will probably be fall of 2024.........

20220424_101807.jpg
20220424_101747.jpg
20220424_101711.jpg
20220424_101651.jpg
20220424_101638.jpg
20220424_101620.jpg

phinz

Reaction score
Thanks, does not look to bad as long as you drive slow, seeing as I will be towing a boat I will pass on the drink and camera lol

Singleton

Reaction score
Thanks, does not look to bad as long as you drive slow, seeing as I will be towing a boat I will pass on the drink and camera lol

Use the CA95 then jump over. Dragging the boat home this weekend and will take the truck detour to the CA95 and hit the 10 (after the ca border check).

Groper

Reaction score
Use the CA95 then jump over. Dragging the boat home this weekend and will take the truck detour to the CA95 and hit the 10 (after the ca border check).
This ^^^^^ is a great idea, the first right turn going from south to north was really tight especially when towing.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
CRIT has a habit of starting projects and then running out of (other people's) money. Think about how long it took to finish the Running Man stations. They sat, half constructed for at least 2 years.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
CRIT has a habit of starting projects and then running out of (other people's) money. Think about how long it took to finish the Running Man stations. They sat, half constructed for at least 2 years.
Or use the money for something else

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Alomost like when Mexico builds a Pemex station. It takes an eternity.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Yes, all of you go that way. Rice Road is CLOSED!

Reactions: DLC