WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chauvin verdict reached

havasujeeper

Reaction score
10 hours. Doesn't look good for Chauvin, or all are concerned with Maxine's public comments

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I’m guessing a guilty verdict if they came back this fast. Just my opinion as I’ve watched a lot of the testimony and evidence in this trial. Possibly I could see the 2nd Degree Manslaughter sticking as he held the man down for 90 seconds after he stopped moving so there was definitely negligence on the officer. There is no way you can convict on the 2nd & 3rd Degree Murder charges. There is zero evidence of intent that I seen.

Get ready for the Riots & Mayhem in the streets!!! Thanks to Maxine Waters!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I’m guessing a guilty verdict if they came back this fast. Just my opinion as I’ve watched a lot of the testimony and evidence in this trial. Possibly I could see the 2nd Degree Manslaughter sticking as he held the man down for 90 seconds after he stopped moving but there is no way you can convict on the 2nd & 3rd Degree Murder charges. There is zero evidence of intent that I seen.

ive done jury duty a few times now... one thing they stress on is the clause "beyond a reasonable doubt..." i didnt see any solid evidence to show that.

TBulger

Reaction score
Tough one, glad I'm not on the jury.

Last edited:

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I just pushed my boat back in the side-yard, I was gonna make a quick run to the lower river in the morning.
But no need to be parading around town pulling a boat with the monkeys on the loose.
That and tomorrow mornings wind forecast is bit 'Sporty' for my taste. :oops:

IMG_9628.jpg

530RL

Reaction score
The charges and definitions as provided in the Jury Instructions.

Second - Degree Unintentional Murder:

The defendant caused the death of a human being without intent to effect death.

Third Degree Murder:

The defendant caused the death of a person through an eminently dangerous act and was performed with a depraved mind, without regard for human life.

Second - Degree Manslaughter:

There was a death of a person caused by the defendant’s culpable negligence.

BajaT

Reaction score
Guilty on all 3...Studies show that typically when short deliberations on serious charges typically signals not guilty. Not the case here today.....

"Speaking generally about the length of time a jury deliberation typically takes, Poynter cited a 2009 study titled, "Factors Affecting the Length of Time a Jury Deliberates: Case Characteristics and Jury Composition," in reporting that trials involving crimes against individuals and those pertaining to severe crimes often result in longer deliberation times. Shorter deliberation times, according to the report, often result in a verdict that is favorable toward the defendant.

"Since the burden of proof is on the prosecution in a criminal trial and on the plaintiff in a civil dispute, juries that find in favor of the state (in criminal trials) or the plaintiff (in civil trials) may take longer on average," according to the study, via Poynter. "As a result, we suspect that cases that end up with a criminal conviction or a finding in favor of the plaintiff ought to take longer than those that end in an acquittal or a civil finding for the respondent."

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Guilty on all 3...Studies show that typically when short deliberations on serious charges typically signals not guilty. Not the case here today.....

I don’t see how you can be guilty of all 3 given the instructions and definitions... but who knows.

cofooter

Reaction score
Guilty to one of the lesser charges, but still................................. a good reason to riot.....

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
My guess,
Guilty -Manslaughter
Guilty -Murder 3
Not Guilty -Murder 2

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Meh

They just sent out new 37/40 mm less lethal rules of engagement and forms for all 9800 LAPD sworn to sign acknowledgment
Risk management and more hand tying of Cops in effect

I just got a call from an agency wondering how quickly we could get them cartridges for this

1618949992875.png

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The pressure on the "system" and the jury and the DA is massive. Our "justice system" is broken.

I expect guilty across the board just because.

Today's forecast: rioting. More of the same likely all week.

Be careful out there!

WYRD

Reaction score
I’m guessing a guilty verdict if they came back this fast. Just my opinion as I’ve watched a lot of the testimony and evidence in this trial. Possibly I could see the 2nd Degree Manslaughter sticking as he held the man down for 90 seconds after he stopped moving so there was definitely negligence on the officer. There is no way you can convict on the 2nd & 3rd Degree Murder charges. There is zero evidence of intent that I seen.

Stupid bitch

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Just curious, will the aftermath be a riot or a celebration. Ie a NBA championship or equivalent? I guess either way they're justified.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Meh

They just sent out new 37/40 mm less lethal rules of engagement and forms for all 9800 LAPD sworn to sign acknowledgment
Risk management and more hand tying of Cops in effect
Good time to call in with Covid 😷 lol

Reactions: DWC

boatpi

Reaction score
That’s special order is a joke but I heard us a purge court judge came down these judges are in sane wait until they overtake the CCB courthouse next!

Universal Elements

Reaction score
The protesters are jovial, barbecuing and chanting. Until, they’re not! These reporters are something else.

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
Just wait until they announce a plea deal is going to be reached and no decision to be announced