WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LHC Traffic

Ultra912

Reaction score
210 to Victorville and VV to Devore has become the latest addition to traffic sprawl. Major artery in and out of SCal with a population in the High Desert approaching 450K. Locals, Las Vegas, Johnson Valley and North and Eastbound traffic entering and exiting the Valley. VV population is hovering at 140K and the Developers can't build homes fast enough. 2 more years and we're LHC bound. No more snowbirds in my home.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Geez those toons are clean! What did you do, force some poor cactus plater at gunpoint to clean them?

Or did you pay him to work on your bote with your white plate dollars?
My cactus plate detailer was too busy waxing other white plater boats for this weekend. Mine is in line for this week lol.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
we left LHC at 7 this morning and did not see really any traffic all the way to Rancho Cucamunga. The issue was that Resturants had long waits. But we did help to create a mask free zone at Kickback Jacks. You locals can thank me later.

A5ED76C4-B881-495C-BAEE-D1A839E0C999.jpeg

hallett21

Reaction score
Currently stopped on 95 at the havasu heights turn off. Lol oh well was still a great weekend [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Last time I was stuck in the Cali freeway hell was before they were paying people to stay home, work from home or King Gavin just locking people out of their jobs.

That said, after being here for 9 years, the traffic down there scares the hell out of me! Traffic moves at 80mph, with about 2 car lengths in between. When you have an enclosed car hauler, someone else's car and aren't as accustomed to it...need to stop and take a break in Indio :oops:
I feel ya..... I was doing biz in Bakersfield couple years back so I'd wake up around 4:30 in OC and hit the road at 530 trying to find a sweet spot.... I also did a 9:00 departure to see if that was best. No way around traffic from OC to LA County.... but the fascinating/ terrifying part was that these 5:00am folks all drive like its Nascar.... one morning it was drizzling and I was doing 75 just to stay out of everyones way. I'm looking around and they're all daily commuters and have become super skilled & fearless like Nascar bumper to bumper style even in pre dawn rain! I was thinking damn if one person farts we all go down like on autobahn. They do it 5 days a week so it was like they were all in that shit together!

guest hs

Reaction score
Came back from Williams this afternoon and just smiled seeing this traffic backed all the way up from the 40 turn off passed Havasu Heights
708CC042-BA05-4C6B-9BEA-387EB5F30DE7.jpeg
708CC042-BA05-4C6B-9BEA-387EB5F30DE7.jpeg
8AE379F5-4060-4CF6-B041-CD872208CE7A.jpeg
A6FD0B1D-420A-4891-BD0B-2E12A5E48672.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
When you don’t live in havasu it’s no big deal to drive an hour each way to work on CA roads. Once you live here full time it’s incomprehensible to even go visit your friends who live on the south side when you live on the north end of town.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
When you don’t live in havasu it’s no big deal to drive an hour each way to work on CA roads. Once you live here full time it’s incomprehensible to even go visit your friends who live on the south side when you live on the north end of town.

Yep. I’ve had potential tenants tell me my rental is “just too far” from their work. Why they came to look at the place in the first place is beyond me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I remember when I moved here and told someone I was going to Home Depot.. they said “damn you are going all the way up there?” I laughed..

here I am 11 years later and I will put shit off for weeks to not have to drive to Home Depot.. lol

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
They think so, bringing their California bull shit, foul attitudes along with a complete lack of common sense.

Keep in mind we get horrible service, a complete lack of follow through, and 0 communication in return.

Not to mention food service not fit for a dog (that one is self described by you, I think there are plenty of good places to eat in town) 😆

the510

Reaction score
I do not miss any of the traffic, and cluster!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Keep in mind we get horrible service, a complete lack of follow through, and 0 communication in return.

Not to mention food service not fit for a dog (that one is self described by you, I think there are plenty of good places to eat in town) 😆
You do realize most of these people came from California. 😂

LowRiver2

Reaction score
“Ca bullshit”

I think any old focker telling me Im an asshole because of the color of my license plate is someone who needs to move into a rocking chair and hand over his car keys
But that’s just me

Hour longer than usual ride home
Price of a holiday crowd size weekend

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Sunday eve in Havasu is all quiet again. Hope our food comes before they roll up the streets for the night. 😁

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Sunday eve in Havasu is all quiet again. Hope our food comes before they roll up the streets for the night. 😁

Yeah, we are missing Havasu for sure. The last two months have been really nice there with incredible people that we have met.

petie6464

Reaction score

True. . However I never said Dave's tee shirts are overpriced, how about giving a boy credit where credit is due!

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Id bet Mculloch flew in more people from California than most other states. But, I'm not an expert and my white plate is 11 years old and kinda faded

petie6464

Reaction score
Id bet Mculloch flew in more people from California than most other states. But, I'm not an expert and my white plate is 11 years old and kinda faded

Incorrect. That old swindler would fly suckers from the east during there cold season and have his land shark realtors chew them up as soon as they got off the planes with a belly full if free booze. They would sell them $2,000 lots for $6-8 10,000. That legacy of swindling realtors is alive a kickin'.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Incorrect. That old swindler would fly suckers from the east during there cold season and have his land shark realtors chew them up as soon as they got off the planes with a belly full if free booze. They would sell them $2,000 lots for $6-8 10,000. That legacy of swindling realtors is alive a kickin'.
Well, there you go...I stand corrected. I take it your stats are from the "I've been screwed by a realtor" binder?

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Windsor was half empty this Sunday, WIndy, afternoon. Seats at the Chabones bar later. Glad everyone is sitting on i40/i10 this afternoon.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score

I’d be happy about now if I was ”swindled” for a $10k lot right now. :)

franky

Reaction score
Funny shit right here!! But true. We are on the south side and often gripe “aw fuck I have to go ALL THE WAY TO WalMart/Lowe’s/Home Depot!!?”

[emoji23][emoji23]
true there, we used to live (long ago) in Thousand Oaks and it was nothing for us to drive to Santa Monica for dinner. Now 8 miles, fooocckk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

I plan my trip to the post office 2 days in advance...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
For the record, it isn’t just Havasu that suffers the infestation.
Vegas hyws southbound are destroyed on any Sunday.
Last week took me 3 solid hours from Blue Diamond road to Nipton road (the bug station basically)

So yesterday I went to searchlight instead....then it’s like death race 2000 on Nipton road.
These assholes do 100 MPH and do not slow down or even care about oncoming traffic while passing.
I suspended trucking operations for the day because simply crossing the road at our job site was too dangerous with a tanker.

When I moved to Havasu almost 2 years ago the VERY FIRST thing I did was get those fucking CA plates off of everything I owned.
Couldn’t wait.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
For the record, it isn’t just Havasu that suffers the infestation.
Vegas hyws southbound are destroyed on any Sunday.
Last week took me 3 solid hours from Blue Diamond road to Nipton road (the bug station basically)

So yesterday I went to searchlight instead....then it’s like death race 2000 on Nipton road.
These assholes do 100 MPH and do not slow down or even care about oncoming traffic while passing.
I suspended trucking operations for the day because simply crossing the road at our job site was too dangerous with a tanker.

When I moved to Havasu almost 2 years ago the VERY FIRST thing I did was get those fucking CA plates off of everything I owned.
Couldn’t wait.

Did you see the Developers who Bought Tipton and were going to make it into A Pot Paradise, Filed BK and it is up for sale again? I believe 1 1/2 Million.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yeah, we are missing Havasu for sure. The last two months have been really nice there with incredible people that we have met.

I know for a fact that you met at least ONE asshole!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Did you see the Developers who Bought Tipton and were going to make it into A Pot Paradise, Filed BK and it is up for sale again? I believe 1 1/2 Million.

Ive heard as high as $3 million for the town.
Not sure what that gets you?
The well we are doing is not owned by the town.

petie6464

Reaction score
Well, there you go...I stand corrected. I take it your stats are from the "I've been screwed by a realtor" binder?

Nope never got taken by a realtor, in the many, many properties I've bought over the years only one with a realtor, during the crash here in LHC $136,600 selling it for $479,900 "White plate special"

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Nope never got taken by a realtor, in the many, many properties I've bought over the years only one with a realtor, during the crash here in LHC $136,600 selling it for $479,900 "White plate special"
Yup, im a big fan of white plates now that mine are gone. First house paid 130k, sold for 400k, second house 365k to 600k, third house $799k to 1.5 million. Thank you white plates.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
They think so, bringing their California bull shit, foul attitudes along with a complete lack of common sense.

That last part of the sentence has nothing to do with the color of their plates.....

EarpRider

Reaction score
Apparently you guys are hanging out in the wrong part of Havasu, I don’t see much of that shit in my neighborhood. 😂
I'll second that, I live by Lake Havasu Golf Club and many of my neighbors have huge garages full of the nicest cars I've ever seen.