WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I Seriously almost just.....

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
X2 for leaving in the boat

I even have my plug in my truck door year round that's where it goes.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
We made it to Indio once before realizing we took the wife’s car the last time and the trailer keys were in her glove box.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I don’t think my boat keys have ever come out of the ignition. I always leave my trailer lock keys on my truck keys because I’m that guy who would drive all the way to the river then realize I forgot them at home, lol 😂

Jetboatjosh

Reaction score
I'm not sure if my keys have ever been out of the boat haha

69hondo

Reaction score
Boat keys are usually always in boat. I have a hidden set in there as well incase I leave the regular set somewhere.

Mototrig

Reaction score
Boat key is stored under the boat drivers seat with the reg. Trailer key and spare boat key goes in the truck door. And a 2nd spare set of both are in the trucks glove compartment because I lose shit 😂😂

charlyox

Reaction score
I keep a spare set stashed away. And I leave the keys in the ignition.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Oh yeah? I keep spare boat keys under every seat in my boat and I have 30 hide a keys on my trailer. Because I'm a one upper. I'm jk I don't do this but I do misplace stuff a lot.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Pull start is the new keyless way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The looks I have gotten on people's faces when I have pull started my engine or my buddy's engine on the beach are priceless. Like a "Oh he cannot be serious!" Followed immediately with a "Holly shit! It worked!" after the ol' 200 fired right up.

nowski

Reaction score
I have hidden spare keys for both truck and boat that are readily available in case of the inevitable...

ltbaney1

Reaction score
the key to my float is in the cupholder, the key to the storage is on the same ring as my truck keys. i made that mistake once. got all the way out there no keys:mad:. most recent screw up is got all the way out there and forgot the hitch in the garage. now there is a spare in storage.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I keep the boat keys in the glove box.

I forgot the keys to the lake house once and drove all the way there. Duh. Now I keep the keys and garage door opener in the truck. I am going to install one of those combo locks to a door.

waterhorse

Reaction score
Always keep a spare hidden on all vehicles. I "used" to go boatiing with a guy that was the definition of anal retentive, he had a ring full of keys bigger than a school janitor to f'n everything he owned. It was amazing how many locks and procedures had to be done before, during and after a boat launch. It was exhausting. NASA has less complicated launch proceduress than this guy.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
My keys, plugs and paperwork all go into a "boat bag" and that goes with all of the stuff we need to take with us when we go to the lake.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Had a buddy do that... they called a locksmith and swapped out the entire switch. Hehe.

I don’t think my ignition key has ever been taken out of the ignition.

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
Went on an all day Yak trip. Got to the down river truck tired, beat up and pushing sun set. My buddy left the down river truck keys in the upriver truck.

Wasn't wrapped up until midnight.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yup, drove almost 3 hrs and turned around at Hayfield(just east of chiriaco) for boat keys. That quite literally is the halfway mark for me.
Also forgot house keys once due to taking a car that wasn't mine. Luckily my friend always had one(he'd turn on my a/c for me).
Now I have wifi garages, a/c's and door locks and spare keys for boat & tow vehicle hidden away.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Boat keys stay in the boat...in the truck I have spare key to the boat as well as spare keys to my toy hauler, because you never know??

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
We forgot the keys once. Went to West and bought a new ignition switch and key set and swapped it out. Wasnt hard to do.

We wound up keeping the old switch and keys just in case it happened again.

MCnParker

Reaction score
We have a key bag in both cars at all times, stored in the center console. All keys for all river toys and place always ready to get, never get taken out.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I remember being a newbie and my roommate and these 2 girls went to lake Mohave. Went to hop in the truck to park it and they were shouting that there was water up to their ankles.......damn plug. :p Glad the pump worked that day.

Beautiful Noise

Reaction score
We have a key bag in both cars at all times, stored in the center console. All keys for all river toys and place always ready to get, never get taken out.
We just finished up our summer season at the river last year had all the trailer keys (3 trailers) keys for 2 sea-doos ...... keys for 3 boats in the truck ...... Well it happened truck got stolen with everything in it ........ now when we go back down I have to have a lock smith come out get new ignitions and have things reprogrammed...... what a nightmare 😱😱

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
My best friend and I had our houses keyed alike. Solved that problem, and he could get in to take care of thing in the house if needed