WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Termites!!!!!

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
So, over the weekend, I found a termite run in a window sill. The wife and I are freaking out a little. Not uncommon our here in the delta. I am not so sure this is something that I can handle my self. Anyone do this themselves? How do I find a good pest control group? So many of them are notoriously crooked......

Thoughts?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
So, over the weekend, I found a termite run in a window sill. The wife and I are freaking out a little. Not uncommon our here in the delta. I am not so sure this is something that I can handle my self. Anyone do this themselves? How do I find a good pest control group? So many of them are notoriously crooked......

Thoughts?
If you're talking a tube, I guess you're referring to subterranean termites. The good thing is they're usually slower to cause severe damage, and don't require tenting. Personally I've never done any treatment myself. In Havasu they generally say there's two types of houses, those that have termites and those that will. Around here there's a lot of good companies, they usually treat the ground and slabs and sometimes spot treat. An average 1,600 sqft home is probably around a $1,000. One thing that comes to mind is the poison that is used today isn't as good as the old stuff, but most companies will give a warranty and let you extend it. As far as bad companies in your area, just try to research.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If you're talking a tube, I guess you're referring to subterranean termites. The good thing is they're usually slower to cause severe damage, and don't require tenting. Personally I've never done any treatment myself. In Havasu they generally say there's two types of houses, those that have termites and those that will. Around here there's a lot of good companies, they usually treat the ground and slabs and sometimes spot treat. An average 1,600 sqft home is probably around a $1,000. One thing that comes to mind is the poison that is used today isn't as good as the old stuff, but most companies will give a warranty and let you extend it. As far as bad companies in your area, just try to research.
Like was said above just about every home either has or will have them in Havasu at least. We had the garage drilled and injected as well as the perimeter of the house when we saw some tubes pop up outside where the house meets the ground as well as couple of tubes inside. The termites leave the house for something I cant remember, walk through the perimeter of chemicals and come back inside and fuck up their friends and relatives. Lifetime warranty if they come back.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I have thought about the secret stash of chlordane. It used to be a go to for termites. I need to educate myself on actually how to treat them. I used to have QAL so the concept is not too far out there. I just know little about termites in a house....

HBCraig

Reaction score
Like was said above just about every home either has or will have them in Havasu at least. We had the garage drilled and injected as well as the perimeter of the house when we saw some tubes pop up outside where the house meets the ground as well as couple of tubes inside. The termites leave the house for something I cant remember, walk through the perimeter of chemicals and come back inside and fuck up their friends and relatives. Lifetime warranty if they come back.
yep

@Waterjunky My house in HB has them, lots. My brothers house has them. My Dads house in HB has them as well. My neighbors has them. My house was built in 1967, and is still standing. On a serious note I do need to slow them down a bit.

Don Batman

Reaction score
I use Taurus SC (Amazon) . Spayed the snot out of every wall and at least a foot out from wall. Also sprayed every inch of our concrete wall. Used less than 1/2 bottle . There were 2 spots at edge of slabs that emitted ants all the time . Gave those spots some extra love.
This stuff is amazing. Yard / garden / patio have been bug free for over a year now . Even got rid of the itty bity ants that would show up in the kitchen.
No more spider webs either

franky

Reaction score
I have thought about the secret stash of chlordane. It used to be a go to for termites. I need to educate myself on actually how to treat them. I used to have QAL so the concept is not too far out there. I just know little about termites in a house....
Chlordane, if applied correctly, will kill everything forever.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Amazon. Taurus SC, get the large bottle.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I was a licensed Branch 3 inspector for a while. No longer licensed or giving out legal advice 🤣🤣🤣

TermidorSC is some of the best stuff you can get. It’s a slow kill and they can’t tell they are in it when they go touch and talk to each other they spread it around. There were studies done where they took a dead termite that was from a colony that had been killed by the stuff, dropped it into an untreated colony, and the untreated colony died from moving the body. If it’s subterranean termites (little mud tubes) then you have to treat the ground by either drilling the slab inside or trenching and soaking the ground outside or in a sub area (both if you don’t know where they are coming from). They live in the ground and only come up to eat and gather food for their colony. Drywood termites would be drilling and treating the wood since that’s where they live and eat. You aren’t supposed to be able to get it in CA without a license.

******It’s really bad for Birds, and Reptiles but safe when it’s dry.***** lso keep other pets from walking through it because they lick their paws.

Termites are smart if you spray a contact kill chemical they will seal off the area and just eat around it.

I recommend you just find a local company to inspect and treat. Seasoned local realtors will know who’s the crooks are and who is good.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I bought a bottle of Taurus SC and read the literature but cant seem to find the dilution rate. I will be treating termites in my walls. I can drill and use my Chapman sprayer to spray it into the hole. It’s just a couple localized areas. Any idea’s on the dilution rate I should do?
image.jpg
image.jpg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I bought a bottle of Taurus SC and read the literature but cant seem to find the dilution rate. I will be treating termites in my walls. I can drill and use my Chapman sprayer to spray it into the hole. It’s just a couple localized areas. Any idea’s on the dilution rate I should do? View attachment 1005702 View attachment 1005703
From Amazon product description.......You will want to mix 0.8 oz of Taurus SC termiticide insecticide per 1 gallon of water in a pump sprayer.

petie6464

Reaction score
The local pest control places will rape you in Havasu.

Had two quotes one @ $1,500 another @ $1,900 🤣 The first guy was pretty awesome, tells me "Yeah we don't use Termidor because it's too expensive we use a cheaper generic"

How long will the job take I ask him he says about 4 hours, I replied geez I'm going to open my own pest control business if I can milk $475 an hour out of suckers!

I bought the Termidor and did it myself $150 bucks, done.

DLC

Reaction score
My garage in havasu has Masonry exterior walls and I see little tubes every once in a while on those walls, I dont see any inside the house where all walls are wood...

really weird

petie6464

Reaction score
My garage in havasu has Masonry exterior walls and I see little tubes every once in a while on those walls, I dont see any inside the house where all walls are wood...

really weird

Definitely treat the place. They can and will come up through the expansion joints the scab builders here never calk and also through the cracks in the slab from poor concrete work and lack of proper compaction.

They can be localized, a good treatment will most likely kill the colony off.

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
I have a cold joint between the masonry wall and slab (garage floor ) and they come up from the crack, I’ve only noticed maybe 3 or 4 tubes.

I’ll look into it next winter after in cools off

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
Chlordane, if applied correctly, will kill everything forever.
Not true! LOL, my Dad used to send me under the house as a kid with 2 cans 1 in each hand and spread in around, I ain’t dead…….YET🙁

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
yep

@Waterjunky My house in HB has them, lots. My brothers house has them. My Dads house in HB has them as well. My neighbors has them. My house was built in 1967, and is still standing. On a serious note I do need to slow them down a bit.
Our place in HB had them really bad too. (non subterranean) They were actually flying around in the house and were eating the baseboards and framing in the southwest corner of our home. After having approximately 5 termite companies out the gist of information I deciphered was that the only way to really keep them under control was to Tent every 7 years. I wouldn't let them go unchecked unless you like tearing down your house to the frame and rebuilding, lol. We tented about 4 years ago with no sign of them coming back so far.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
The first company agreed with me, non subterranean. They said tent to be sure as they would struggle to get control in several areas of the infected wall. Going to do another inspection with someone else and see if they say the same.

Not going to be cheap..........

Warlock1

Reaction score
So we found out we have them as well. No tubes on the outside so they must be coming up from the slab. 1600 -2300 to have them drill the entire slab...
I've never heard about the tenting process...

termiteguy

Reaction score
Some of you guys are funny I was in the termite business for 25 years. PM me if you have any questions. They are really destructive and really should be handled by a professional. Never treat dry wood termites with orange oil or any foam application it's a huge joke and a waste of money

Javajoe

Reaction score
Some of you guys are funny I was in the termite business for 25 years. PM me if you have any questions. They are really destructive and really should be handled by a professional. Never treat dry wood termites with orange oil or any foam application it's a huge joke and a waste of money
What about shooting Taurus SC in the walls thru
drilled holes as a localized treatment?

termiteguy

Reaction score
It could work but you need to get enough in the wall cavity without staining the drywall and baseboard. We have done it with a foam machine . If you can get ahold of premise foam it's a can made just for that and works really well

Your ad here

Reaction score
I had subterranean termites at my house in West Phoenix. I hired a company to come out and perform the service on my house. They had to drill about 100 1/4" holes in the slab, inject poison, then patch the holes. Also had to rake back the ground covering and soak the slab edge. I chose the tremidor and it was $1300 and carries a 10 year warranty as long as I renew the warranty every year at a cost of $100. So it's about $20 a month over a 10 year period for 10 years of termite coverage. If the termites come back they figure out what to do and handle it. I'm also having them handle the monthly bug and insect service and thats more than $20 a month. If I sell the house within the warranty period it is transferable to the new home owners.

Javajoe

Reaction score
It could work but you need to get enough in the wall cavity without staining the drywall and baseboard. We have done it with a foam machine . If you can get ahold of premise foam it's a can made just for that and works really well
Yea I want to but couldn’t find the right one on Amazon

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Holy Shit! I figured I would try the Taurus because I never heard of it before this thread. The bottle is half the size it looks on Amazon. Like a paperback book. Hope size doesn’t matter. Should have known it was small when it was shipping usps. Gonna start mixing and spraying.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Holy Shit! I figured I would try the Taurus because I never heard of it before this thread. The bottle is half the size it looks on Amazon. Like a paperback book. Hope size doesn’t matter. Should have known it was small when it was shipping usps. Gonna start mixing and spraying.
Wife just reminded me to do that also. Benn sitting on my counter for a month

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Wife just reminded me to do that also. Benn sitting on my counter for a month
Hop to it! :p What’s funny is the jug is almost half empty. I hope for $60 it kills every thing with more than 2 legs!!

WYRD

Reaction score
The local pest control places will rape you in Havasu.

Had two quotes one @ $1,500 another @ $1,900 🤣 The first guy was pretty awesome, tells me "Yeah we don't use Termidor because it's too expensive we use a cheaper generic"

How long will the job take I ask him he says about 4 hours, I replied geez I'm going to open my own pest control business if I can milk $475 an hour out of suckers!

I bought the Termidor and did it myself $150 bucks, done.
🤔 🤔 🤔 🤷‍♂️