WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

On-Board Air Advise

LakeBeard

Reaction score
Ok, need some guidance here. I currently have an on board ARB compressor, I want to run an air chuck out to each tire (gonna hide them in the bumper to keep it clean). So my question is, can I place the bleeder valve in line w/ one of the air lines running to the chuck, or should I have a completely separate line that runs from the manifold over to the bleeder so it bleeds evenly. I feel like if its inline it will pull from that tire more than the others...is this the case, am I over thinking this? I have a 8 valve manifold so I can have one line per chuck, one for the bleeder valve and one for the gauge in the cab, so that's not a problem, it would just look cleaner inline...but I want it right

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I was looking at something like this. They may have details for you.

sintax

Reaction score
I was looking at something like this. They may have details for you.

so this is an actual thing?

all this to save 2-3 min per tire?? Are we that rushed to hit Chocolate Thunder?

DLC

Reaction score
I have an ARB Twin pump on my jeep the line goes from pump to manifold then distributed from the manifold on the manifold is a line to the Frt and a line to the rear AND HIGH PRESSURE SWITCH,

use a coil hose and do each tire independently, not all at once. I don’t have a tank on board as that just takes more air (time ) to fill the system, if I had a air lockers or a air horn I would add a holding tank, but for now it’s just for filling up tires.

the kiss method works fantastic

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could do the same with the compressor for my air bags.

LakeBeard

Reaction score
Its not so much about speed for me, more about ease, deflating will probably take longer as I wont be pulling the stem, but I can do all four at once, same w/ airing up, this method will air all four up evenly. I also leave my Jeep in Havasu all summer, I use the compressor to fill floats and stuff, so popping the hood each time is not for me, nice folks stop cause they think I'm broke down, being able to plug a short hose into the bumper appeals to the lazy side of me. I looked at the up down and wifey systems, they are crazy expensive, I already had the compressor so the added stuff is running about $100

Dana757

Reaction score
Why not just use some auto deflators? They have worked well for me. I've even showed up late and deflated on the move before.

PlanB

Reaction score
I like this setup because I can move it from vehicle to vehicle but being able to do all four tires at once would be nice.
2B2B232C-EDCB-46E8-84D7-E26421F49227.jpeg

sintax

Reaction score
Its not so much about speed for me, more about ease, deflating will probably take longer as I wont be pulling the stem, but I can do all four at once, same w/ airing up, this method will air all four up evenly. I also leave my Jeep in Havasu all summer, I use the compressor to fill floats and stuff, so popping the hood each time is not for me, nice folks stop cause they think I'm broke down, being able to plug a short hose into the bumper appeals to the lazy side of me. I looked at the up down and wifey systems, they are crazy expensive, I already had the compressor so the added stuff is running about $100

thats my thoughts, just run an air coupler to each bumper if you dont want to use a longer hose I guess. I'd personally rather just have one that I could use one of those longer coiled flex hoses.

I never ran OBA, but I did always have a 10lb CO2 tank that I used. I could fill my tires quite bit faster than anyone use an electric compressor. The dudes running a York 210 or something of equal displacement did alright though. If i was going to OBA my truck, thats what i'd use.

The CO2 was great for running air tools on the trail. Having to swap a front axle shaft due to a joint failure got a hell of a lot quicker on the trail!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I carry a 10lb. CO2 tank in my Jeep - got the tank and components online.

As for airing up, this company is in Santa Fe Springs. Interesting system...

LakeBeard

Reaction score
I carry a 10lb. CO2 tank in my Jeep - got the tank and components online.

As for airing up, this company is in Santa Fe Springs. Interesting system...

that's basically what I'm doing, but at a 1/4 of the price

braindead

Reaction score
Ok, need some guidance here. I currently have an on board ARB compressor, I want to run an air chuck out to each tire (gonna hide them in the bumper to keep it clean). So my question is, can I place the bleeder valve in line w/ one of the air lines running to the chuck, or should I have a completely separate line that runs from the manifold over to the bleeder so it bleeds evenly. I feel like if its inline it will pull from that tire more than the others...is this the case, am I over thinking this? I have a 8 valve manifold so I can have one line per chuck, one for the bleeder valve and one for the gauge in the cab, so that's not a problem, it would just look cleaner inline...but I want it right

i’d imagine you could put the bleeder valve in line with one of the airlines running to the chuck, you might just have to wait 10 to 15 seconds to make sure all the tires even out if it is pulling from the tire closest to the bleeder valve. Not sure how you would get the tires to all be the same psi, because if you have more of a load on the front than in the back the front is obviously going to exert more pressure on it than the rear and will shove the excess pressure somewhere else