WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

selling your home means you loose$$$$$$$$$

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I had you pegged as a water front Riviera and rack storage kind of guy. [emoji23][emoji23]

I am.. lol. The family probably better served in a normal neighborhood..

Plus all my friends are moving up there. Personally I hate the foothills.. far away from everything, only one way in and one way out.. the argument could be made though that is the nicest and newest neighborhood close to town with kids..

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Rookie move. A seasoned investor knows the liability shield alone is worth the fees. I love watching people sell themselves. You can always spot the rookie.

Abraham Lincoln is reported to have said about legal matters: "A man who represents himself, has a fool for a client."

curtiej10

Reaction score
Stacy open my eyes. Sure I was worried, did I make a great move or bad move. I think it was a great move for me. Basically sold my house for top dollar added a little coin and I'm building a super bad ass house.
I'm trying to return the favor to Stacy. Plus she is a top dog in the realty world here in Havasu and should "move on up, to the eastside we finally got a piece of the pie"

Thank you Stacy for the push.
Here's my new house View attachment 998929 View attachment 998930 View attachment 998931 View attachment 998932
How was it building in Havasu

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
How was it building in Havasu
Mine is taking longer because of where I'm building. Other builder can go faster if you are not in the first phase of the Foothills

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Sounds like you would be better off buying a house up in the hills and selling your place. Sometimes you can piss away 100’s of Thousands in dollars on an area that will never appraise at what you have invested. Your home is never worth more than your neighborhood!
Exactly what my father did on their house. He was a GC and decided to do up the house. made the taj mahal out of their place and wound up with the nicest place in the neighborhood. Upon the sale of it in several years it made them a little over, very little, what the next one down did. 🤷‍♂️

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score

Plus all my friends are moving up there. Personally I hate the foothills.. far away from everything, only one way in and one way out.. the argument could be made though that is the nicest and newest neighborhood close to town with kids..

Nice, that’s why we went for it up there ourselves.

You guys thinking about building or a resale?

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score

Our house is on blackhill, the next street over to cherry tree, and yes that is only gripe we have, it does take 15-20 to get to 95 any way you go

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

LOL @ "Far away from everything".

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
My house closes escrow next week. Sold it for over double what I bought it for in 2009. Looking for a bigger house in Ventura county. San Fernando valley is a ticking time bomb of shit. Like Too $hort says "Gettin' while the gettin' is good"

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what many do for sure. Whatever the amount I've never needed a realtor, to each his own. With the money I've saved I guarantee I've purchased at least one house with that money maybe two.

IMO realtors don't do shit other than charge you a ton of money, the escrow officer you hire and that agency do all the work for a couple grand.

In this day and age a free listing on Facebook marketplace is all you need, the same thing realtors do only they charge you thousands, it's almost comical.
This is why I think I need to get My RE liscense. Submit and review offers. Escrow handles the rest.

RichieRich

Reaction score
It is 10:30 pm.. my wife is still on the phone.

For Doing nothing she sure puts in a lot of hours.. lol.
exactly...my wife's a realtor in Corona and she is always working. Apparently she didn't hear from this idiot petite that she's doing it wrong.
I will let her know

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Nice, that’s why we went for it up there ourselves.

You guys thinking about building or a resale?

we were gonna build our McMansion.. we put an offer in today, a pretty solid one. They have another offer coming over so we will see what happens..

if it’s mean to be then great.. if it isn’t I got some options I’m ok with.. I’m really ok not spending what I think it’s gonna cost to build on that lot what we are gonna want.. lol. 😳

Singleton

Reaction score
we were gonna build our McMansion.. we put an offer in today, a pretty solid one. They have another offer coming over so we will see what happens..

if it’s mean to be then great.. if it isn’t I got some options I’m ok with.. I’m really ok not spending what I think it’s gonna cost to build on that lot what we are gonna want.. lol. 😳

IMO building new vs the complete remodel at current location is the smart move. Little remodels at current location make sense (master bath, kitchen, etc). But a complete remodel never makes sense IMO, unless you love the location and you know you are never selling until your kids own the house.
In the end, it comes down to what you think is best for your family!

Reactions: Wmc

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well they went with another offer on the lot so we aren’t building there anyways..

Kinda weird this just popped up. Solves zero of my problems but I sure do like it especially for the price and what my payment would be on it?

badgas

Reaction score
This is why I think I need to get My RE liscense. Submit and review offers. Escrow handles the rest.

That is what everyone thinks !

The paperwork and contracts are a piece of cake. The problem is that people jump in and forget that you are now a sales rep that better get out and work your ass off selling or you will have no offers to submit or review.

This is why there are more RE licenses than there are drivers licenses.

Like @RiverDave said 10% of the agents are closing 90% of the deals

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

CLdrinker

Reaction score
That is what everyone thinks !

The paperwork and contracts are a piece of cake. The problem is that people jump in and forget that you are now a sales rep that better get out and work your ass off selling or you will have no offers to submit or review.

This is why there are more RE licenses than there are drivers licenses.

Like @RiverDave said 10% of the agents are closing 90% of the deals
All I know is I see the piss poor agents around me making money. They don’t know shit about houses. All they can do is read what the listing says.
I can find the same listings they can. All they are good for is getting access to the lock box and submitting offers.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
All I know is I see the piss poor agents around me making money. They don’t know shit about houses. All they can do is read what the listing says.
I can find the same listings they can. All they are good for is getting access to the lock box and submitting offers.

Well like the saying goes..

It’s high tide right now.. when the tide goes out we will see who’s wearing pants.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Well like the saying goes..

It’s high tide right now.. when the tide goes out we will see who’s wearing pants.
This has been going on since 2008 in my area.
My first home purchase
List was $149,000 I offered $139,000. Denied
Price dropped to
$139,000🤔 so I offered $129,000 Denied
Price dropped to
$119,000! I offered $124,000 and got the house lol

I think my agent was not communicating to well with the bank when writing offers lol this all happened over a month or 2

Few years later I go to sell that same house.
New comp down the street same size house with similar build quality but on a super shity lot with major drainage issues. $179,000

I told my agent to list for $174,000. She said I was out of my fuckin mind and we should list it for $154,000. But since we are loosely related should would humor me.
Sold in 3 days $172,000

my parents had similar experience with that same agent and another on their 2 homes. Wanting to list super cheap. Told them to list it for what they wanted and they got it rather quickly.

I can go on for days with more stories.

BTW the 1 agent is in the top 1% for Coldwell banker. Whatever in the fuck that means. But she sure brags about it lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My first home purchase
Price dropped to
Price dropped to

I think my agent was not communicating to well with the bank when writing offers lol this all happened over a month or 2

New comp down the street same size house with similar build quality but on a super shity lot with major drainage issues. $179,000

I told my agent to list for $174,000. She said I was out of my fuckin mind and we should list it for $154,000. But since we are loosely related should would humor me.
Sold in 3 days $172,000

my parents had similar experience with that same agent and another on their 2 homes. Wanting to list super cheap. Told them to list it for what they wanted and they got it rather quickly.

BTW the 1 agent is in the top 1% for Coldwell banker. Whatever in the fuck that means. But she sure brags about it lol.

The answer to your riddle/question is found in your own post. I'd find a different agent.

RD

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Well they went with another offer on the lot so we aren’t building there anyways..

Kinda weird this just popped up. Solves zero of my problems but I sure do like it especially for the price and what my payment would be on it?

Nice pad, even has room on the side for a toon. Could plop a pool back there too

badgas

Reaction score
My first home purchase
Price dropped to
Price dropped to

Sold in 3 days $172,000

You should go get that RE license, it is not hard to get. Then see how many people come knock on your door and ask you to sell their house. Outside of your family and freinds that list will be zero unless you get out and hussle and grind.

mbrown2

Reaction score
That looks like a cool place...seems like you make the backyard smaller on the main house and have lots of driveway parking in back with a upgrade to RV height garage on the primary home...

Back house could be RDH HQ/Clubhouse....kind of like RDP Miralago!
Going to look at it after Sierra’s swim deal

CLdrinker

Reaction score
The answer to your riddle/question is found in your own post. I'd find a different agent.

RD
Lol they are all like that. The less you ask the easier your job. Volume Volume.
the above involved 3 different agents.

now I’m not saying all agents are like this but if these fuck twats can pull it off I sure as hell can.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
You should go get that RE license, it is not hard to get. Then see how many people come knock on your door and ask you to sell their house. Outside of your family and freinds that list will be zero unless you get out and hussle and grind.

my problem is I don’t have time to hustle and grind.
im not walking away from a very good career to eat shit burgers for a few years to build reputation and relationships.

i keep toying with the new idea of half assing It as a side gig. But getting listings going that route would slim and none.