WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

First plywood and now carne asada? WTF?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Went into the local Havasu Carniceria on LH Blvd by HotLaps Marine, best carne around in my opinion, especially the hot New Mexico version. Didn't look at the price, been there a ton of times before, I just told the guy I will take 3 pounds. Cashier rings me up, that will be $54. What the hell, its $16.99 a pound, used to be $8 or so and I always thought that was expensive but damn the stuff is good, $17 a pound is getting ridiculous.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Went into the local Havasu Carniceria on LH Blvd by HotLaps Marine, best carne around in my opinion, especially the hot New Mexico version. Didn't look at the price, been there a ton of times before, I just told the guy I will take 3 pounds. Cashier rings me up, that will be $54. What the hell, its $16.99 a pound, used to be $8 or so and I always thought that was expensive but damn the stuff is good, $17 a pound is getting ridiculous.
It hasn’t been $8 there for years. It constantly jumps around from 10.99 to 13.99 the last few years.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
White people ruined carne asada. Used to be the cheap secret meat at the market or Carniceria but over the last 5 years i have noticed it go crazy price wise becuse its coool now....lol

$17 a pound for skirt steak is crazy time to swap to some home made sliced pork butt and hit it with your own marinade.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
We were talking about this at work the other day, fucking expensive

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
I stopped buying from there when it was 11.99 a pound. Food city is way better and cheaper. Had some of there pollo asada last night it was awesome. The carne asada at food city is 9.99 a lb but sometimes on sale during the week for 5.99. Good quality meat too. I have seen the owner of El Paraiso buy it from food city by the box.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Sam's club flap meat and some seasoning and you have the same product for much less.

Solid advice.

Oj, that messican spice with the chicken on the label, messican onions, fresh orange slices, and sliced jalapenos.

I use the dole banana strawberry oj as a base. Yum.

DLC

Reaction score
We go to the mexican markets here in San Diego

north gate market - is our favorite also has good produce
vallarta market

both make fresh tortillas and have great meat counters

2Driver

Reaction score
LOL But the lib party line is no inflation.

Yellen almost got her head cut off yesterday for even talking about rates and had to go back on the media to walk it back. There isn't one tool in their toolbox they aren't using to fuck America up the ass.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Sam's club flap meat and some seasoning and you have the same product for much less.
This....

Or Costco....or even better for price when it's on sale @ Stater Bros. Sams and Costco is good lean meat....pretty close at Staters. Alot of them meat markets give you that shitty ass thin, fatty meat. But their flavor is usually better. You whiteys are doing it all wrong. 😂😂😂😂

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Agree totally on the Food City deal!!!!! The wife and I LOVE Carne Asada but said FU to the meat market a long time ago. They used to make a killing off us and friends but not any longer. The wife had an extra minute and stopped in there the other day and walked right out, Fking crazy.

Fuck Demoshits!!!!!!

gqchris

Reaction score
Maybe because its all the White People that frequent that place on a daily! LOL....true latinos wouldn't let that shit rise like that without a fight!

On a side note, my secret Carniceria here in Socal is around $10.99 a lb. I dont mind since it is MUY BUENO!

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Yeah, the Mexican place on LH Blvd has great meat. The last time we were there, we spent so much, it would have been cheaper just to go to El Parisio.

I've looked at the Carne Asads at Food City a couple of times, but it looked funky. They have really good bacon though.

My kids like the Stater Bros. Carne Asada, but I prefer Trader Joes.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
That place is good, but I agree its been $13-15 per lb for a while. So i can see it at $17 now.

Singleton

Reaction score
Noticed the price increase during DS.
Going to try Food City next trip

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe because its all the White People that frequent that place on a daily! LOL....true latinos wouldn't let that shit rise like that without a fight!

On a side note, my secret Carniceria here in Socal is around $10.99 a lb. I dont mind since it is MUY BUENO!
Sir please remove "Carniceria" from your post. Are you blatantly TRYING to give the gringos the key to greatness?

Groper

Reaction score
Carnicera El Corral is a JOKE, yes some of the Meat is good but not great quality as well as their salsa, produce, beans or most of the stale products they peddle, we stopped shopping there years ago when their meat was $7.99lb. and way too expensive at that time.

Food City has a good Chicken Leg Meat Carne, I haven't tried their Beef Carne but I'm sure it's good as well like mentioned above.

Yawl have to start making it yourself, there are plenty of recipes out there on the web, I make my own Chicken & Beef Carne and it's way better IMO than any market.
Find a recipe or two make it and then start tweaking it to your liking ;)

jones performance

Reaction score
i stopped buying from the carnicera when they required a mask to enter. i also wont pay those prices for carne. ill drive to vegas or phoenix and buy in bulk and make my own if need be.

gqchris

Reaction score
Sir please remove "Carniceria" from your post. Are you blatantly TRYING to give the gringos the key to greatness?
LOL...notice I did not mention a name! Google that in Socal, you will get thousands of hits! Not so much in Havasu. LOL...hell I dont blame those guys there for hiking up the price. They are the only option in town besides the Grocery chains.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
It hasn’t been $8 there for years. It constantly jumps around from 10.99 to 13.99 the last few years.
This.

The chicken there is freaking GOOD, and was still $3.99/lb last time I got some for Easter.

Food City? was not as impressed. I was buying carne from Costco for awhile when it was $8-$9 per lb.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Their breakfast burritos though are some of the best in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishSniper

Reaction score
Ever since covid hit their prices have been steadily rising. They also got rid of that family pack which was a really good deal.

gqchris

Reaction score
Im on the Campbell Cove breakfast burritos now.. But lunch at the Carneceria is great.

Damn it, the new storage is close by there. Now you gonna have me addicted to those like the sandwiches there!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have heard great things about the breakfast burritos there

Just tried them last weekend. Super good. Grabbed the burritos for breakfast and boat wrapped sandwiches for lunch at once, all preordered on their app.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
LOL...notice I did not mention a name! Google that in Socal, you will get thousands of hits! Not so much in Havasu. LOL...hell I dont blame those guys there for hiking up the price. They are the only option in town besides the Grocery chains.
Yeah
Havasu doesn’t have anything near decent asada.
Either make your own or bring from so cal.
I have several great spots in Guada La Habra to pick from.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Our local go-to meat market has been $17 for the past few years now. I can’t justify it. For cinco de mayo this year I cruised down to a hole in the wall Mexican market in Pomona. Paid 13, which was probably the gringo price, but it wasn’t bad. Kids crushed it.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I stopped buying from there when it was 11.99 a pound. Food city is way better and cheaper. Had some of there pollo asada last night it was awesome. The carne asada at food city is 9.99 a lb but sometimes on sale during the week for 5.99. Good quality meat too. I have seen the owner of El Paraiso buy it from food city by the box.

Food City's butcher department is actually pretty legit for that kind of stuff. Clean as well.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Last time i went to the my hot spot in Carson, it was $18.99 and 30 people in line to get it, that was over a year ago, sure its went up since.
La Venidita? The line is the worst part. Gold mine for the owner. Try Numero Uno grocery store on Carson by my house. Usually on special Sunday. They also have bomb marinated Franklin ribs.

In Parker food city. We tried them all same day when I had a taco party.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Costco: Flap Meat. Done

grumpy88

Reaction score
Somebody else suggested it earlier but we like trader joes .

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Yeah
Havasu doesn’t have anything near decent asada.
Either make your own or bring from so cal.
I have several great spots in Guada La Habra to pick from.
You want to share those spots?

HitIt

Reaction score
This seems like a good spot for some carne asada recipes. I saw one (with banana juice?!!?). Post em up.

petie6464

Reaction score
That mexican meat market in Havasu is a sour joke! Scew them, their meat is roadkill at best.

Anyone with even the slightest clue can marinate some skirt steak that's far better than that over priced dog shit.

Last edited:

RVRKID

Reaction score
I was in Von's yesterday and went to see what the had and ended up grabbing just under 2lbs of this
Branding Iron Ranch Beef Carne Asada - 1.25 LB
($6.99 / Lb)
It was actually pretty damn good.
5D0BB71E-DC61-4F0E-8B9F-B6027A48FFB3.jpeg