WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Riviera up date

HCP3

Reaction score
I'm just waiting to see that forklift roll out of that diamond crusted building with my bote on it, and gently lower my bote in that calm, protected, marina with crystal blue water, fully detailed, full of fuel, and completely stocked with food and cocktails for the day. A well dressed rack hand with white gloves on leading us to the bote, making sure everything is to our satisfaction before we shove off for a day of leisure boating. My smile never bigger knowing my marriage is saved from the ravages of backing a boat down a ramp and pulling it back out daily.

Holy shit 🤣🤣🤣

HCP3

Reaction score
I have not been south in a while, I was thinking I would see some framing up, didnt see any, are footings poured for houses yet?

Another, "holy shit". All of that money tied up... 😬

HCP3

Reaction score
Do those sold lots sit there in permit-limbo indefinitely?

Tank

Reaction score
I'm just waiting to see that forklift roll out of that diamond crusted building with my bote on it, and gently lower my bote in that calm, protected, marina with crystal blue water, fully detailed, full of fuel, and completely stocked with food and cocktails for the day. A well dressed rack hand with white gloves on leading us to the bote, making sure everything is to our satisfaction before we shove off for a day of leisure boating. My smile never bigger knowing my marriage is saved from the ravages of backing a boat down a ramp and pulling it back out daily.
Damn. You basically just described haul over marina or TNT marina in south Florida or pier 47 in jersey or lido dry storage In Newport or the wharf marina in Michigan, or whiskey slough marina on discovery bay, or ocean bay marina and storage in New York or performance boat center in LOTO or like 100’s of other high end indoor rack storage marinas with VIP service.
But I’m sure it won’t succeed in havasu. Who ever would do such a thing?? There zero market for it in havasu!
😁😁😉👍

8D5CB242-8953-4AA7-9A8A-35BB6F55F47C.jpeg
22E26D59-8605-4260-96A6-A0A0692BC10E.png
98C7641F-0D18-4636-8576-CA70BA5FA7EE.jpeg
0D52D52F-56AB-419D-B124-B4F183E08F95.jpeg
7A043031-594C-440B-8F9A-46936CA2781C.jpeg
CDBE0452-0C3A-405C-A398-F0189E6390FE.jpeg
C04CF68A-D241-4A53-A15C-328E507935E8.jpeg
55744C80-B390-478C-ABF8-CA03A8AA0FD8.jpeg
534A1730-0522-4AD8-8675-23464E64A97A.jpeg

Last edited:

El Rojo

Reaction score
Think how much more it’s going to cost to build now vs when you bought the lot lol!!! I’m in the it’s will never get off the ground camp
that's a really great point...I'm thinking it really doesn't matter to the cliental that actually purchased the lots?..or?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Damn. You basically just described haul over marina or TNT marina in south Florida or pier 47 in jersey or lido dry storage In Newport or the wharf marina in Michigan, or whiskey slough marina on discovery bay, or ocean bay marina and storage in New York or performance boat center in LOTO or like 100’s of other high end indoor rack storage marinas with VIP service.
But I’m sure it won’t succeed in havasu. Who ever would do such a thing?? There zero market for it in havasu!
😁😁😉👍

View attachment 999925 View attachment 999926 View attachment 999927 View attachment 999928 View attachment 999929 View attachment 999930 View attachment 999931 View attachment 999932 View attachment 999933

Exactly. And where does that level of service exist in Havasu? Zeeeeeeerooooo places. Well maybe at Barrett :)

All those boats you pictured there already live in a nice garage in town or were towed in for the weekend and don’t need long term storage in Havasu.

Honestly I think there is probably a market for for ~50 boats in rack storage, not 300. It is just not part of the culture. These aren’t CC ocean boats, they are hot rod boats. No one wants their hot rod stored 4 stories up on a rack across town. They want it in their garage to look at.

And at 50 boats it’s easier to just provide a valet service and offsite storage.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Exactly. And where does that level of service exist in Havasu? Zeeeeeeerooooo places. Well maybe at Barrett :)

All those boats you pictured there already live in a nice garage in town or were towed in for the weekend and don’t need long term storage in Havasu.

Honestly I think there is probably a market for for ~50 boats in rack storage, not 300. It is just not part of the culture. These aren’t CC ocean boats, they are hot rod boats. No one wants their hot rod stored 4 stories up on a rack across town. They want it in their garage to look at.

And at 50 boats it’s easier to just provide a valet service and offsite storage.

It seems like the one characteristic of Havasu that is different from the others is smaller hot rod boats that people actually work on. At those other places, it’s more of the lifestyle not the boats themselves. so I agree. It’s cooler to have a dime piece shiny in yoUr garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If anyone wants to sell their lots I have a buyer. 1-5 lots in first or second!

just saying..

Reactions: DWC

Tank

Reaction score

It seems like the one characteristic of Havasu that is different from the others is smaller hot rod boats that people actually work on. At those other places, it’s more of the lifestyle not the boats themselves. so I agree. It’s cooler to have a dime piece shiny in yoUr garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. I think your guys view point may be constricted. I think that place will actually fill to capacity quickly. It is a lifestyle that people from other places are used too and will use in Havasu. I know several people with huge houses with RV garages in havasu that have already said they'll be using the services and keep their boat there. Especially with ramps being a nightmare as of late. The guy pictured above with the 39 NT has 3 RV garages and still rents a storage unit at the Islander so he can use the ramp and would be the first to rack store that boat. You also have people that will come in from out of town and leave their boats for the season at the storage. Dry rack storage is a success in every location regardless of lifestyle. I don't see how it can't be a success when there's a waiting list at every storage unit place in havasu right now. I think you guys will be surprised at how well it's going to do.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don't know. I think your guys view point may be constricted. I think that place will actually fill to capacity quickly. It is a lifestyle that people from other places are used too and will use in Havasu. I know several people with huge houses with RV garages in havasu that have already said they'll be using the services and keep their boat there. Especially with ramps being a nightmare as of late. The guy pictured above with the 39 NT has 3 RV garages and still rents a storage unit at the Islander so he can use the ramp and would be the first to rack store that boat. You also have people that will come in from out of town and leave their boats for the season at the storage. Dry rack storage is a success in every location regardless of lifestyle. I don't see how it can't be a success when there's a waiting list at every storage unit place in havasu right now. I think you guys will be surprised at how well it's going to do.

It will do great for the market that wants it, which is the huge money CC guys, of which there might be what, 50 in town maybe. When I start seeing 15 unique 35+ foot CCs out there every weekend, I’ll believe there is a market for 300 boats in a building on racks.

I’ve heard here for years that “west coast CC’s” were the next big thing in Havasu turns out pontoons are the next big thing in Havasu.

No one with a $500k+ DCB wants it stored 3 stories up in a tin building with the doors open all day in a windy desert blowing shit all over and into their boat. The people with $200k-$300k boats aren’t going to pay the rack storage prices and already have storage lined out in their house or at a unit.

In the end, it won’t exist this decade as I’ve said all along. That level of service I outlined in my rack fantasy only exists in a couple places in Havasu and not nearly at that scale. A valet service make way more sense and is much more scalable and profitable.

I agree with you it could work at the scale there is demand for it (a few dozen boats). But the demand is so low, I don’t see how the investment is justified.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
It will do great for the market that wants it, which is the huge money CC guys, of which there might be what, 50 in town maybe. When I start seeing 15 unique 35+ foot CCs out there every weekend, I’ll believe there is a market for 300 boats in a building on racks.

I’ve heard here for almost 4 years that “west coast CC’s were the next big thing in Havasu” turns out pontoons are the big thing

No one with a $500k+ DCB wants it stored 3 stories up in a tin building with the doors open all day in a windy desert blowing shit all over and into their boat. The people with $200k-$300k boats aren’t going to pay the rack storage prices and already have storage lined out in their house or at a unit.

In the end, it won’t exist this decade as I’ve said all along. That level of service I outlined in my rack fantasy only exists in a couple places in Havasu and not nearly at that scale. A valet service make way more sense and is much more scalable and profitable.
I get what you're saying and I know we've discussed this before but I still think it will be a huge success and you'll be surprised. I do agree it aint gonna happen anytime soon. Everything out there takes forever and has already taken forever just to get to the point they're at now. 🤦‍♂️

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

Then later in the day as you are eating your pre-made sandwiches you find that they they forgot the Grey Pupon. Boy, that would that ruin my day......because of that I am out!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I get what you're saying and I know we've discussed this before but I still think it will be a huge success and you'll be surprised. I do agree it aint gonna happen anytime soon. Everything out there takes forever and has already taken forever just to get to the point they're at now. 🤦‍♂️

I also understand your point. I think there are people in town that would sign up today.

I think in 12-15 years it could be a real thing. We have to hit the top of economic upswing we are on now, drop, and then come back up before it happens.

DWC

Reaction score
There will be some lots that sit empty longer than expected. That’s every part of Havasu. Hell, Residential Estates still has golf course lots.
When the infrastructure is in place and and homes start going up it’ll pick up momentum quick. IMO it’ll be the premiere spot in Havasu. Docks, Marina, Restaurants and a place to keep visiting families. Love our neighborhood. I’d only move for a lake view at Refuge or Riviera. Building costs for those lots and the noise levels are my biggest concerns. As far as the vaunted market correction, for every person that gets hurt and has to sell there’s another sitting with cash waiting to “help out”. Played a few courses in Monterrey during the bottom of the last correction. Still remember all of the new builds, tear downs, Orange Construction fencing in the air.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

NO ONE!!🤔

CALEXODUS

Reaction score
Where if there is one......do you sign up or get on the list for slips in the new Marina ?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
there is framing on multiple lots that I saw from the water awhile back!!

Tank

Reaction score
Someone posted a cool link to a webcam at the new launch ramp. I can't find it now. But it gave first hand account of progress, a fantastic view of the lake and the launch ramp.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Someone posted a cool link to a webcam at the new launch ramp. I can't find it now. But it gave first hand account of progress, a fantastic view of the lake and the launch ramp.
At the Riviera? Drove by there today but didn’t get that close, didn’t see anything that looked like it would have a camera mounted. If I go out tomorrow morning I’ll make a point to go by and look at it closer.

Tank

Reaction score
At the Riviera? Drove by there today but didn’t get that close, didn’t see anything that looked like it would have a camera mounted. If I go out tomorrow morning I’ll make a point to go by and look at it closer.

Found it!! I had to go back to the desert storm thread from early April. And FYI. nothing I can see has changed on camera at the launch ramp since then.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Found it!! I had to go back to the desert storm thread from early April. And FYI. nothing I can see has changed on camera at the launch ramp since then.

No wonder I can’t see it from the water, it’s way the hell back there.😊

USMC2010

Reaction score
It has been done for 2 years??
Yet still not usable. This was a great plan yet one of the many recent great failures of the state in the last few years. It will eventually be in use but what a waste right now,

riverroyal

Reaction score
At least there are actually crews working on it. Saw the barge last week.
Next summer....

Singleton

Reaction score
Yet still not usable. This was a great plan yet one of the many recent great failures of the state in the last few years. It will eventually be in use but what a waste right now,

Not a state issue. Land developer is responsible for building the ramp. they also get to charge a fee on top of the fee required to enter state park area.
just wonder what the price will be after you pay the state fee to get into the park.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Not a state issue. Land developer is responsible for building the ramp. they also get to charge a fee on top of the fee required to enter state park area.
just wonder what the price will be after you pay the state fee to get into the park.
State went in partnership with private so still a state issue. It is/was advertised as the first new state park in AZ in how many years?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
42F5D046-D807-42CA-8206-FB370101A65C.jpeg

Well, someone’s place is making progress.
It looks like they’ve poured a lot of concrete for the parking lot at the ramp and there were workers working but I have no clue when it will be finished and usable. Sorry I forgot to take a picture.

River Runnin

Reaction score
They're dredging out front also! And looking at that structure when I went by it means only one thing! .... That Fook'n light on 95 is getting pretty close to use!

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
What is the development going on close to the south end of Thompson bay. Looks like a launch ramp is almost complete. Trying to get my bearings on which development is which.