WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HELP....just F'n HELP!!!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
interesting.. in all the jobs I have ever had I have never had a resume or filled out an application etc.. just walked in talked to whoever is in charge and started work the next day.

And we're you getting a 60 to 100k a year for those jobs? I'm gonna guess no.

All the places I hired for required a drug test, a background check (credit history), and physical test after the offer was accepted, but before employment started.

And I had to go through the same steps getting hired.

Even minimum wage porters had to go through the same drill.

At Assael, when Sonic bought it, we all had to get rehired all over again! We lost a few good employees to those drug tests!!

I'm going to guess that if they did drug testing in Havasu, it wouldn't turn out so well! 🤣

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Had an old boss try to hire me a couple years ago. Went through the entire interview process. Met with founder, owners, potential team and then came the offer... What a waste of time. I ASSUMED that because she knew my current salary that it would be worth my time. She thought a title and work/life balance was enough. Could have been settled with a quick discussion the first call.

Ugh what a pain.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Exactly. There is no ladder in Havasu unless you have the privilege of working remote or own a business that caters to the vacation crowds in town. Real Estate, Boat or SXS Shop, Rentals etc etc.

I have a feeling if that ladder is ever created and someone big sets up shop there, the full timers will bitch even MORE about how the towns growth has exploded even more than what it has now!

Hard bitching will ensue if that happens.

riverroyal

Reaction score
With remote work now in place you may see more people living there. But their employer will not be in the city.
the good news is if you have A special ability like Karl your job is pretty secure. Doesn’t matter if you eat pickles or not.

what’s the average home build duration in town? Cut lot to move in? I’m curious since I see so many houses in different stages of construction.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Actually in my early 20’s those were pretty close to the numbers. 75-100+’ish..

Nice. :thumbups:

Funny story, then I gotta get some work done...

I was visiting at the BMW dealership, years after I left. I was in the service managers office, talking to him, and a few other guys, when some douche nozzle walks in.

He says, don't i know you? Didn't you used to work at Longo?

I said, yeah why?

Cause I interviewed with you years ago, and you didn't hire me.

I said...

Oh yeah? And now you work here? Must suck to be you!

EVERYONE started busting up and he says to me...

No it doesn't! (all serious and shit)

I laughed and said, dude, I'm just messing with you!!! (As I was laughing my ass off).

Later on, the shop foreman their told me, that the douche put on his resume that he DIID work at Longo! I guess no one did a employment history check on the guy? He ending up getting fired a few months later, I heard. I'm glad I never hired the guy!!! 😂

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
With remote work now in place you may see more people living there. But their employer will not be in the city.
the good news is if you have A special ability like Karl your job is pretty secure. Doesn’t matter if you eat pickles or not.

what’s the average home build duration in town? Cut lot to move in? I’m curious since I see so many houses in different stages of construction.
Pickle sniffers are a valuable asset, lol😄. Not everyone can sniff out the non-koshers amoungst all the various dills.
House builds, pool builds, SpeedUTV builds, boat builds, etc., etc., etc. are all progressing at snails paces which is essentially moving at the rate they can manage to muster up. If/when the economy flattens and dives the same labor pools that are now "nose held high" will be hoping tomorrow they have to go to work.
Sadly, Havasu is and has been turning into the HeyLam's with the Keeping up with the Jones' keeping up while all the Nimby's cry about all the HeyLam's and KUWTJ's even though many of the Nimby's were once HeyLam's and Jones' themselves. 🙂
Vicious cycle I tell ya.🥴 The town is not the quaint location it was, not that it sucks but "progress" doesn't usually benefit small towns as much as those visionist think it is or will.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

You're looking at around 9 months to 1 year for a pretty standard RV Garage House to be build at this time, and that's if you don't get hit with any shortages. If your going Yuge or Super Custom you could be looking at 12-24 months. It's Krazy right now.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You're looking at around 9 months to 1 year for a pretty standard RV Garage House to be build at this time, and that's if you don't get hit with any shortages. If your going Yuge or Super Custom you could be looking at 12-24 months. It's Krazy right now.
Been watching one going up from my backyard, between lot work and the house build it's coming up on the 2 yr mark, still not done/occupied.
Another lot I can see that's finally been leveled and ready to build on took about a year.

530RL

Reaction score
Small businesses are tough. They are working with smaller budgets and nobody wants to promote there right hand entry level man to a higher position because then they loose there helper and the work falls back on them. Honestly I'm not sure i have ever really had a direct boss try to push me up the ladder when working for a large company. You always have to go around them and make stuff happen.

And that is exactly why they will remain small businesses. 🤔🤔

USMC2010

Reaction score
We have one industry as far as I know. NUGSMASHER is going in the old KMART Building. Moving from Corona to havasu.
There are a few more than them in town. I work for one and previously another. They aren't widely known because they aren't drugs or boats.

2Driver

Reaction score
Today’s job report says it all: Libturds put citizens on the nipple and they will stay there, while employers are begging for help.

Worst jobs number miss since 1998. Expected 1M new jobs created, ended up being 266K

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Today’s job report says it all: Libturds put citizens on the nipple and they will stay there, while employers are begging for help.

Worst jobs number miss since 1998. Expected 1M new jobs created, ended up being 266K

Hopefully the news helps mortgage rates....lol

I still can't lock in with the new build but im hoping we see a quick shit storm and rates get back into the 2's before i sign :D

2Driver

Reaction score
Hopefully the news helps mortgage rates....lol

I still can't lock in with the new build but im hoping we see a quick shit storm and rates get back into the 2's before i sign :D

Maybe, I don't see it though.

We are headed to SG to look around and do some mt biking so who knows. I think housing may be topping at least

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Maybe, I don't see it though.

We are headed to SG to look around and do some mt biking so who knows. I think housing may be topping at least
were headed out today with the first load....rates have gotten a tad better over the last couple weeks.

76sanger

Reaction score
I AM WAY AHEAD OF YOU;)
permitted a few of these complexes in the last few months all should be available in early 2022
View attachment 999478
Start building apartments and the city is going to go down hill quickly. Drugs will start flooding into the town, crime will rise fast. The town of boating and offloading is changing extremely fast. TO FAST in fact. For one thing, unless your head is buried in the sand, the towns political stance of being conservative is being more and more challenged. That should scare the hell out of anyone alone. Apartments will ensure that stance moves even more quickly. Along with politics comes more and more rules and laws that usually do not or will not help the community of boaters and offroaders that actually built the awesome place known as Lake Havasu City.
I would do everything in your powers to keep apartments from being built there. I dont mean to piss off anyone. Just saying that if you love this town be very careful of what is built and the kind of people that usually moves into apartments. Not always I will say.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many people nugsmasher intends to hire?

USMC2010

Reaction score
Manufacturing I know of, feel free to ad to it.
Sterlite probably the largest.
Nugsmashers unknown staffing but I would bet against a large number.
New West Dental used to be about 150, finally streamlined under 100.
A&A electronics assembly under 100.
Like I said, there is more manufacturing unrelated to the Havasu market than everyone thinks but nothing major as a large employer.

USMC2010

Reaction score
We have one industry as far as I know. NUGSMASHER is going in the old KMART Building. Moving from Corona to havasu.
Are they moving from Corona or just opening an Arizona facility?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
In all serious, my buddy that’s been buying rentals out there wants to start a drywall company. Any chance he could actually do well? He’s an awesome carpenter and I believe has a small crew and all the tools ready to go.

riverroyal

Reaction score
In all serious, my buddy that’s been buying rentals out there wants to start a drywall company. Any chance he could actually do well? He’s an awesome carpenter and I believe has a small crew and all the tools ready to go.
Is he a crack addict? If not he will do great.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Manufacturing I know of, feel free to ad to it.
Sterlite probably the largest.
Nugsmashers unknown staffing but I would bet against a large number.
New West Dental used to be about 150, finally streamlined under 100.
A&A electronics assembly under 100.
Like I said, there is more manufacturing unrelated to the Havasu market than everyone thinks but nothing major as a large employer.

on an unrelated note most don’t realize but Bullhead is absolutely huge for aerospace. Not what you would think of but there is some giant programs out there..

USMC2010

Reaction score
Moving from corona i believe
Their website is hiring for both locations, it is interesting. I would think they would be more active with word.

Last edited:

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If you call people back, and actually do quality work on time you can pretty much write your own ticket in this town.

If your friend is a good carpenter he might wanna consider starting a framing business as well. I know my builder said he’s running 2 framing crews and cannot keep up with demand 😬

RodnJen

Reaction score
For years in Havasu, plenty of work did not translate to plenty of pay. That may be different now with the amount of wealth that has entered town in recent years in specific trades or services but certainly not across the board.

USMC2010

Reaction score
For years in Havasu, plenty of work did not translate to plenty of pay. That may be different now with the amount of wealth that has entered town in recent years in specific trades or services but certainly not across the board.
I would say that is still mostly the same. While there are some decent starting paying jobs, in large they almost all still start at or barely above minimum wage.

Hammer

Reaction score

Hanging drywall in 120 degree weather will get old quick. Is he moving his guys to havasu? I don't know if the builders will pay premium to bring out of town labor in to keep up with demand. They will probably want to keep their margins and tell the clients they need to wait...

Make sure to tell your buddy not to unionize.... :p

If anyone is wiling to pay for per diem and a hotel, I can have a crew of eight out in short order, drywall mud, tape and paint. interior and exterior.

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Hanging drywall in 120 degree weather will get old quick. Is he moving his guys to havasu? I don't know if the builders will pay premium to bring out of town labor in to keep up with demand. They will probably want to keep their margins and tell the clients they need to wait...

Make sure to your buddy not to unionize.... :p

If anyone is wiling to pay for per diem and a hotel, I can have a crew of eight out in short order, drywall mud, tape and paint. interior and exterior.
They’ve been buying up a bunch of stuff in havasu. He’s ready to move. You’re right about the heat though. I worked in Vegas in the summer. Never again. Would be 110 leaving bhc at 3am.

Hammer

Reaction score
They’ve been buying up a bunch of stuff in havasu. He’s ready to move. You’re right about the heat though. I worked in Vegas in the summer. Never again. Would be 110 leaving bhc at 3am.

I don't know if any money would be worth it. When I was in the field doing commercial HVAC, We did a job in Palm Springs and it was 110, I had to put my hand tools in water just to touch them. The duct was just as hot. It was miserable. Even with early shifts it got old real quick... I don't see any quality labor guys leaving LA to deal with that heat for equal or less LA pay. You'd have to pay them a premium to get them to go to Havasu. Plenty of work locally right now...

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

Standard hours in the Havasu Summers is usually around 3am - 11am. Any time after that it's way too hot 🔥 to be working outdoors.

buck35

Reaction score
interesting.. in all the jobs I have ever had I have never had a resume or filled out an application etc.. just walked in talked to whoever is in charge and started work the next day.
I never made one until my last company shut was clueless . I'd airways interviewed in person.

riverroyal

Reaction score

Make sure to tell your buddy not to unionize.... :p

Union in havasu??? Lol.