WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How loud is your system

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Damn bunch of grumpy old goats in this thread!

View attachment 1001298
Nothing of the sort from me. I don't mind stereos it just won't be me investing all the dough. If only I had all the $ I spent on systems and goodies in my youth.....I'd own 4 or more homes/properties, no joke.
When on the lake with others there'll always be someone playing their music, but when in a cove solo the bone stock stereo is plenty fine.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
New jet botë system

4 kicker KM8”
2 MB Quart powersport 100x2 watt
Kicker 12” solo with 300 watts

Post up your results View attachment 1001107 View attachment 1001108
We will declare you the winner but are going to give you a 15db reduction because the db meter was not calibrated for an angular azimuth with in the building. This is our final decision based on nothing.😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
We will declare you the winner but are going to give you a 15db reduction because the db meter was not calibrated for an angular azimuth with in the building. This is our final decision based on nothing.😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Hahahhahahah

I am now crowned Deaf of the Desert 21

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I did some research as to why some seemingly middle-class white bread , fifty something year old would blast inner city , ghetto , misogynistic, vulgar , rap music at ear bleed levels to the world ... guess what I found ? One reason was virtue signaling ! Signaling to the world he’s not racist . Thought it was very interesting .

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Loud enough to keep my beer cold!🤷🏻‍♂️
20210511_120503.jpg

Last edited:

ltbaney1

Reaction score
Oh you must’ve been the guy that stopped at the MTI boat at desert storm in your walker to shake it in the sky asking the sky wizards “to strike down thy loud noise maker”

Lol go be old somewhere else dude
far from it, my truck, house and garage are all set up. i love the sound of open headers and do enjoy music on the water every now and then, i just rock a kicker bluetooth speaker. just something about a stereo in a boat never made sense to me. i can appreciate the level of work that goes into a good sounding system. just not what im after when im on my boat.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
im a stereo geek, currently i have in my 21 daytona
2 fosgate p2 12"s in sealed boxes
4 alpine type r 6 1/2's
2 fosgate prime 6 1/2's
1 fosgate 1200x1
1 fosgate 300x4

its pretty loud and clean sounding. however i am wanting to change it up a little and swap the existing 6 1/2's out for some fosgate m2's. thinking 4 of the 8" and 4 of the 6 1/2"s and use the new sound digital marine amps.
I dont even turn mine on when boating anywhere near Kevin, no need.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
FFS That's Havasu Blue Label and he confuses me too. I think it's time to change my user name anyways
Dude.....🤣
He lives by me, been curious to see what the “disconnect” is, lol
He posts he’s buddies with a lot of LAPD Command Staff
No wonder our Dept. is so F’d up, they communicate at the same level to the troops.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Dude.....🤣
He lives by me, been curious to see what the “disconnect” is, lol
He posts he’s buddies with a lot of LAPD Command Staff
No wonder our Dept. is so F’d up, they communicate at the same level to the troops.
He's probably a pretty good dude that just can't type for shit lol

rrrr

Reaction score
Yep, had a couple of buddies that got into the boat scene and bought used rides, They needed some mechanical attention but they put all their money ito the sound system first. They keeped breaking down and thought owning a boat was a pain in the ass.

At least they could listen to tunes while someone towed them in!

:p

guest hs

Reaction score
My jet botë has dry exhaust because of the wide band o2 sensor with a race baffle for a legal muffler it might not be that loud but it’s nascar loud to be honest. We wear heads while under power View attachment 1001415
Just curious about the silver wrap? Why is the control cables wrapped with it? What is its purpose?

Duramax

Reaction score
IMG_2469.jpg
IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1392.JPG

You can see my 4 JL 10's up front, in their own boxes. I like the weight up front.
Then I have 6 of these JL 7 inch guys. They light up blue. The front set is by our feet then these two in the rear.
I have two big JL amps that run everything.

Sorry, I don't know the exact stuff I have. It absolutely pounds if I want to too, but we mainly watch Fancy Nancy for my 4 year old while floating..=)

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Pretty loud, my wife says she can still here it even with the bathroom door closed!

Oh Wait, you meant stereo system MY BAD!!

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Just curious about the silver wrap? Why is the control cables wrapped with it? What is its purpose?

1000 deg exhaust temps. It’s heat shield anywhere within a certain zone of the exhaust

Rbcconst

Reaction score
View attachment 1001465 View attachment 1001466
View attachment 1001467

You can see my 4 JL 10's up front, in their own boxes. I like the weight up front.
Then I have 6 of these JL 7 inch guys. They light up blue. The front set is by our feet then these two in the rear.
I have two big JL amps that run everything.

Sorry, I don't know the exact stuff I have. It absolutely pounds if I want to too, but we mainly watch Fancy Nancy for my 4 year old while floating..=)

I bet that cranks. And with the subs under the bow it creates a larger box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Loud is great, but clear is better. Mine sounds decent with six of the 7” Pierced coax’s and two 12” W6’s. Have two sets of the M2 RF 8” horn’s and a set of the M2 6.5’s going in here shortly. Powered by an Alpine M12 and two M6’s.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I have 6 mb quartz components
2 jl pods
2 13.5” w3 jl subs

1500 watt jl amp for speakers
1000 watt amp for subs Rockford

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Problem now is too many people with a shit load of hissy ass highs and mids on a roll bar or pods.
Takes a lot more to get a balanced sound with some bump that can keep up. Especially in a boat where you have no sound compression because it’s wide open.

Reactions: DWC

JD D05

Reaction score
Nothing of the sort from me. I don't mind stereos it just won't be me investing all the dough. If only I had all the $ I spent on systems and goodies in my youth.....I'd own 4 or more homes/properties, no joke.
When on the lake with others there'll always be someone playing their music, but when in a cove solo the bone stock stereo is plenty fine.

You blew through a million in goodies?
New jet botë system

4 kicker KM8”
2 MB Quart powersport 100x2 watt
Kicker 12” solo with 300 watts

Post up your results View attachment 1001107 View attachment 1001108

I was curious and tried this when I got home. I tried a few different apps and one measured 119. Others were like around 100, so not sure how accurate they are. Turned up it hurts and leaves a ring in your ears for a bit.

jones performance

Reaction score
Problem now is too many people with a shit load of hissy ass highs and mids on a roll bar or pods.
Takes a lot more to get a balanced sound with some bump that can keep up. Especially in a boat where you have no sound compression because it’s wide open.

also the people that think the gain knob on the amp is a volume knob.. nothing better than shitty music thats clipping. :rolleyes:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You blew through a million in goodies?
Blew out my ears did I 😊
Screenshot_20210511-185721_Chrome.jpg
LOL😄, Homes were not priced like they are today..wish I'd put that money down on homes 35-40 years ago instead.
Not that I didn't have fun and enjoy myself, just wasn't smart enough to think that far ahead.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

There is a fix for that. Don’t buy a roll bar boat.

wet hull

Reaction score
View attachment 1001407
“Snail Trail” puts out some sound, I usually hear the music from it before the 572’s, lol.
I have a big stereo. This dude has a nightclub!! Parked next to last year. Damn near shook my boat apart because of his bass. The talent on his boat dancing made it worth it. Very clean sound as well, not just loud.

glamis0812

Reaction score
Rockford Fosgate Head unit and remotes
3 Soundigital Amps 4,000 Watts Total
10 JL Audio 7.7’s
2 Rockford Fosgate pods
2 Kicker Subs, getting replaced soon
Love every bit of it.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how loud it gets, it's whether or not the amplifiers are set properly. Mine sounded like crap until I set the gains using and oscilloscope.
I’ve heard a few times systems that were tuned this way, who did your tuning? How complicated and time consuming is it?

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I’ve heard a few times systems that were tuned this way, who did your tuning? How complicated and time consuming is it?
Check out the SMD DD1 from Steve Meade. You basically take your head unit up to clipping and then each amp and set the gains there. This tool makes it pretty simple.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Amplifier Level Setting Guide – JL Audio Help Center - Search Articles (zendesk.com)

I did it myself, it isn't that difficult. I took an o'scope home from work. downloaded a sub frequency (50hz) and a main amp frequency(1khz) from the jl website to my phone. Disconnected all speakers, went to 75% max volume on the head unit (I could have looked for its max volume too but didn't).
Instead of using the voltmeter readings like in the link I shared, which are pretty darn close, I used the scope to set the gain for max without clipping. You cannot really go wrong with the voltmeter readings instead of an o'scope. I did compare the two and they were very close.
My stereo was all JL, only 450 watts into 6 7.7 components and 250 watts into 2 10" subs. I wasn't that audible outside the boat because of speaker placement but I could hear my music at any speed and actually ripple the water outside the boat with the right tunes.
Right before I sold my boat I put a label under the stereo to not go above 34 on volume.
It didn't take me that long other than me being very specific on my adjustments and reconnecting the speakers to the right output connections. I had it all done in one evening in the garage.

I know that was long winded, blame the rum, LOL. That being said, get a multimeter and follow the link instructions and you really can't go wrong. If ANYONEsays they can tune an amp by ear, they are just plain full of crap. You cannot beat an actual measurment.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Check out the SMD DD1 from Steve Meade. You basically take your head unit up to clipping and then each amp and set the gains there. This tool makes it pretty simple.
I looked hard at those but decided on an o'scope instead. I think his devices are pretty good and simple though.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I had a JL audio Media Master System in my old boat.
2 10s
8 7.7s
2 big amps and it pumped pretty good.

However If you ever see Eric Wangs 28 Shockwave Deck Or my New Mexico Boys 28 Shockwave Deck they have over Double what I had. Whenever they pulled up or I pulled up to them I just shut the music off lol. Massive systems. So much weight they had to Stage 3 their merc 600s to get on plane.

My new system will be a little better and the speaker locations reconfigured for better beach blasting

@BigMike what does wang have?

Dirtbag

Reaction score
View attachment 1001597
Bottom line, you cannot beat the sign wave. All the power on the planet doesn't mean anything if it doesn't follow this rule. This picture shows clean and clipped.
how do you follow this rule? im building a new system and all i care about is clean and crisp with a nice deep base
dont need it to be super loud but definitely want to hear it at 50+mph

DLC

Reaction score
I have just a little basic tri toon system

sounds great when listening to some goat roper - hillbilly music, classic 70’s pandora and some 80‘s good ol rock and roll

12 Kicker 6.5’s - 2 pods facing out back off the ski tow great for cove floating
2 subs they are tucked away forget if they are 10 or 12’s
a couple amps
wet sounds head unit w/ 2 remotes (bow and stern ) that control all the RGB lights and multi zones

ALL THANKS TO WIRED FOR SOUND! ADAM ( RIP ) did a fantastic job! Thank you Adam!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’ve always had loud stereos.. I haven’t upgraded the toon yet and it’s literally the only thing Stacy bitches about is why there is no “boom boom.” Lol

There’s pics of my Hallett install sponsored by wired 4 Sound and kicker on here in the build thread.

It had 4 12’s / 4 8’s / 6 6.5’s & 5 amps and more lighting then a French whore house and a TV etc..

You can search “Holy Grail 270” and the stereo is all on page 2 of the build thread.. Wired 4 Sound did a really nice job on it.

5B979A89-4888-4AD2-A132-1AF0665471C6.png
424D62B0-B490-4B48-85C3-71A094816813.png
CA9E8DD7-61BD-43AD-AA28-F6E60FEF5FF0.png

My Nordic was loud as well..