WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Is it me or has the market in Havasu made another huge jump!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
725K. :eek:My 3 car with a RV garage is 535K per Zillow. No pool. 3 bedroom 3 bath. Built in 2002. Huge backyard.
675-700k sold this year if you listed now
I’d wager a box of 20 5.56 freedom seeds on that , lol

DWC

Reaction score
And there is my dream lot, I stop on it every morning when out walking my dog and check for people stuck on the sandbar. I think its top three in Havasu for views. Level to the street, no crazy steep driveway or elevators in the house to get your groceries upstairs. Sold in 09 for 300k. Owner has house next door, from Downey, its not for sale, they are never here. If it was for sale it would have to be north of 1 million for the dirt these days. Wildlife refuge beyond the fence so nobody can ever block your view.

View attachment 1001721
Perfect lot IMO. Love the homes on 1, 9, 18 with course and lake views.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Interesting. I got a cold call/email from a dealer yesterday. They didn’t respond for shit 30 days ago. I gave them what i was looking for, price, model and mileage. They said they’d get right back to me. We’ll see how it goes.
Same thing, couple months ago it was like I was bothering them. Now they are practically begging me to come in. Could mean nothing at all too

Reactions: DWC

wet hull

Reaction score
I remember sitting on the sidelines in 2006,2007 saying it's coming and then bought a house in May of 2010. It fucking sucked for the first year. I think I lived on $200 a month after all my bills were paid. But I knew down the road I'd be fine when it all came back. Well 10 years later I sold that house and made a good chunk. Not saying it will happen like that again, but something is brewing.

The folks that have it sorted out and not leveraged to the hilt will be fine. The others who are buying shit way over priced, leveraging themselves to do so and taking on additional loans for toys, second homes, and other things will be hit the hardest.

I friend of mine sold his house to a guy who a loan on everything, brand new truck, brand new wifes car, brand new wakeboard boat, brand new pair of jet skis, brand new pair of rzrs. The guy couldn't get regular finanacing so my buddy did an owner carry with a ballon payment after 5 years. 30 year amortization schedule at 6%. I think he pays about $100 a month in principal. Almost $3000 in interest a month on a vacation home..... He had the money coming in from his company, but just wait until that money flow gets disrupted in some way..... House of cards....

Another place I know down off the river. Small development. Can't own the land. BLM land. 95% of all the vacation homes are financed, on top of lot rent which always goes up.

Right now 9 out of 10 people buy cars with financing.... Sure if you can write it off, or business expense there are tax advantages, but not in all situations...

Home prices that are run aways...

Situations like this and you're telling me things are just gonna level off.... LOL When this hits it will make 2008 look like kids play.
This is crazy that people live on the edge like this. We didn't even at 21 years old. Now 40. Our Havasu house was purchased 4 years ago at $221 with $20k down. Has just about doubled. Huge corner lot with room for pool and RV garage. We are all in monthly with utilities for about $1300. Our house in Vista, CA bought almost 2 years ago for $600k. 1.1 acres all flat. Dumped about $170k out of pocket into reno and yard. Realtors have brought buyers at over $900 but we are not selling until retirement. Getting ready to break ground on 1000 sq ft granny flat and 500 sq ft JR ADU. Will build out of pocket for about $80k. This is my daily job. Will rent each space out at estimated $2700 month combined bringing my mortgage to $600 month for my share. Boat, 2 trucks, car, tractors all paid off. I want nothing to do with the baller life style anymore. Love the stress free plan and ability to say fuck it, lets go to Cabo next week and not be scared of how to pay. I am eyeballing a toyhauler and CanAm since I bought $500 worth of Dodgecoin. Pretty much a soon to be billionaire once it quits dropping 😂

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is crazy that people live on the edge like this. We didn't even at 21 years old. Now 40. Our Havasu house was purchased 4 years ago at $221 with $20k down. Has just about doubled. Huge corner lot with room for pool and RV garage. We are all in monthly with utilities for about $1300. Our house in Vista, CA bought almost 2 years ago for $600k. 1.1 acres all flat. Dumped about $170k out of pocket into reno and yard. Realtors have brought buyers at over $900 but we are not selling until retirement. Getting ready to break ground on 1000 sq ft granny flat and 500 sq ft JR ADU. Will build out of pocket for about $80k. This is my daily job. Will rent each space out at estimated $2700 month combined bringing my mortgage to $600 month for my share. Boat, 2 trucks, car, tractors all paid off. I want nothing to do with the baller life style anymore. Love the stress free plan and ability to say fuck it, lets go to Cabo next week and not be scared of how to pay. I am eyeballing a toyhauler and CanAm since I bought $500 worth of Dodgecoin. Pretty much a soon to be billionaire once it quits dropping 😂

are you a contractor?

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Zillow is wildly inaccurate in Havasu
Is it high or low?

Our familys havasu house shows high 5s. That just seems like a big number for a 3/2 with a pool up on blackhill

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ultra912

Reaction score
Bought ours in 09 for 199k from a couple who paid 340k new in 04. 1650 sq ft 3/2 and a 1200 sq ft 3-car garage with double spots boat depth. My property mgr says it's comping right now at 475-500k. She's telling me +10k every 30-45 days. Lucky me/us. We're gonna retire there so selling isn't an option, at least for now. CG tax rules are gonna be changing drastically in the near future so staying in it for at least 2 years seems to be our path after selling here in Cali.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
a couple things that may have gone unmentioned. (I didn't read every single entry, so I apologize for any redundancy)
there is new recognition that distance is not a factor in many white collar workers' considerations anymore. they are allowed remote working conditions and are moving around in response to that opportunity.
it may or may not last...just another factor.
also, the last few raging years of NYSE/NASDAQ probably put alot of those same people into a very comfy financial position, and they are looking to diversify, to invest in something 'safe as houses'.

wet hull

Reaction score
I have a friend that wants to build a casita also, hard to find anybody to do it.
My current projects are all large time duration wise. Pretty much on autopilot. Have your buddy reach out and maybe we can figure something out. Im getting ready to pull my AZ license next week.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Sold: $485,000 Sold on 07/27/20 Zestimate: $566,084

This is with out reporting that we added a bedroom, with out properly listing as a 2 and 3/4 bath house, and not finishing our pool.

I dont usually check Zestimates, but holy FUCK! Almost 100K in in 10 months!!!! I want to be in this house for the long haul and I know if I sold, finding something that might work better would be next to impossible.

hallett21

Reaction score
I don’t trust Zillow in havasu. Our home was the last one Oxley built before going to the foothills.

On Zillow it comps the same as a bare bones track home with hollow doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I don’t trust Zillow in havasu. Our home was the last one Oxley built before going to the foothills.

On Zillow it comps the same as a bare bones track home with hollow doors.

Zillow is not accurate at all in a place like Havasu that is pretty much a hodgepodge. It is closer to accurate in housing track suburbia.

hallett21

Reaction score
Zillow is not accurate at all in a place like Havasu that is pretty much a hodgepodge. It is closer to accurate in housing track suburbia.

So you’ve met our neighbor that had a plane in his front yard?

sintax

Reaction score
Sold: $485,000 Sold on 07/27/20 Zestimate: $566,084

This is with out reporting that we added a bedroom, with out properly listing as a 2 and 3/4 bath house, and not finishing our pool.

I dont usually check Zestimates, but holy FUCK! Almost 100K in in 10 months!!!! I want to be in this house for the long haul and I know if I sold, finding something that might work better would be next to impossible.

esp with your surprise rooms / space you found!