WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tin Roof recommendations

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Wanting to do a metal roof in the Rancho Cucamonga area. If anybody can recommend somebody that is familiar with this i would appreciate it. Maybe 1200sq ft of roof is all

Kbach

Reaction score
I’m going to be doing my own. This is the supplier I’m gonna be using. The stuff is very quality made. A lot of choices too. If you called them up they probably have a contractor that works with them or authorized by them to do there roofs.

Do they sell direct or do you have to go through a distributor?

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Wanting to do a metal roof in the Rancho Cucamonga area. If anybody can recommend somebody that is familiar with this i would appreciate it. Maybe 1200sq ft of roof is all
We used Berry Roofing in Riverside. We did a standing seam metal roof on our whole house. We found there weren’t a lot of options on installers when we bid ours. I believe there’s someone on the boards that does it too, don’t remember though. It’s not cheap but it’s fire resistant, lasts a “lifetime”, and the mrs loves it. This is the only pic I have on my phone right now.

edit: I found who I was thinking of.... @rmarion
CB10CAB6-3448-40B0-99C0-F234E105AAC8.jpeg

Last edited:

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
also check with Western states deck
this is who I got all my metal patio roof from,I used the Corten that is made to rust.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
We used Berry Roofing in Riverside. We did a standing seam metal roof on our whole house. We found there weren’t a lot of options on installers when we bid ours. I believe there’s someone on the boards that does it too, don’t remember though. It’s not cheap but it’s fire resistant, lasts a “lifetime”, and the mrs loves it. This is the only pic I have on my phone right now.
View attachment 1002397

My neighbors that have it pay less for home insurance too. Yours looks great, nice and clean. That’s the reason I’m going to remove my solar panels from the roof. My roof is very simple.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
My neighbors that have it pay less for home insurance too. Yours looks great, nice and clean. That’s the reason I’m going to remove my solar panels from the roof. My roof is very simple.
Thanks. I asked about an insurance discount when we were building and pretty much got laughed at. I hoped that because the house was built with fire resistance in mind that there would be a benefit, but I was wrong. We’re on the CA Fair Plan and there’s no deals I guess.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Whatever you do, do not go Home Depot! My friend played General Contractor and built his house. I had roofed his last house, so he had me bid the new one. Decided it was to expensive. A few months later he asked if I could help him install the metal roof he and his wife ordered from HD(and yes, materials alone were considerably more). Well, the blueprints were handed off, and pieces cut. Not at all close in some areas, and the only gauge they sell is 26 I believe...very thin.