WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hardware You Don't need but can't pass up

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
2 of everything is good AND Murphy sux!!!

I'm the exact same way. I hate having to resort to hackery because i'm missing some tool, or part to do the job right. I almost always buy 2 🤣 🤣

I'm running out of room..... and i have a lot of room 🤦‍♂️

bonesfab

Reaction score
I'm the exact same way. I hate having to resort to hackery because i'm missing some tool, or part to do the job right. I almost always buy 2 🤣 🤣

I'm running out of room..... and i have a lot of room 🤦‍♂️

The more space you have the more shit you acquire. I started in a 1200 sqft shop and when I moved into the 4000sqft I was like space. I won’t fill this up. Now I have 16000 sqft and busting at the seams. A fork lift and pallet racking is a blessing and a curse. I joke you pay by the sqft but you got to use it by the cubic foot. 😁

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Honestly, it's a problem if the connection is loose. A loose connection can leave you stranded or worse yet cause a fire. Crimped or soldered, as long as it's tight.

A properly crimped connection makes the terminal one with the cable.

I’m not a hack though 😁so you won’t find those non-tinned terminals on my garage...only tinned with adhesive lined heat shrink....then the cable is 100% sealed.

Soldering is not as good, because it can wick into the cable and make it brittle. Solder is not meant to be a high load conductor, it is meant to hold mechanical connections together so they don’t fall apart.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
A properly crimped connection makes the terminal one with the cable.

I’m not a hack though 😁so you won’t find those non-tinned terminals on my garage...only tinned with adhesive lined heat shrink....then the cable is 100% sealed.

Soldering is not as good, because it can wick into the cable and make it brittle. Solder is not meant to be a high load conductor, it is meant to hold mechanical connections together so they don’t fall apart.
Welllllll what if I solder and crimp ;)