WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Something smells

Blubyu

Reaction score
Got Covid about six months ago... Wasn't even a big deal. Felt like a cold, however, I did loose taste and smell. Both of these senses came back after a month. For what ever reason, after having the bat flu, I always get the smell of cigarette smoke throughout the day at random times. WTF????? Anyone else get this random smell of something when it's not there? I don't even smoke, don't work around any one who smokes and I hate the smell!!!! Maybe my wife if giving me a dissociative anesthetic in my sleep every night. lol

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I had it before it became a crisis in November/December 2019. I had a head cold over the weekend after Thanksgiving and went to the doctor on Monday and got a pill pack and nose spray. I was feeling pretty good in a couple of days, but I lost my sense of smell and taste for about a month and a half. But like you, I get a random smell every now and then, but mine is bathroom air freshener, but not the pleasant one, but the generic institutional smell. I don't get it often, but randomly. Now I know I'm not the only one that has this.

jesco

Reaction score
I get it... my wife thought I was crazy for saying I could smell the neighbor smoking in his backyard 3 houses down.... I figured out at work in my office that its actually just my smell playing tricks on me. I had the Vid back at New Years, took 2 months to get taste back, and my smell is still a little off but always has been with my allergies. The secondhand smoke smelling is weird, never looked into it, but kinda glad to hear Im not the only one, hahahaha.

Last edited:

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Weird is the simple description of this China flu ordeal , Daughter is attending a health related 3day seminar working on her doctorate , told my wife Sunday "dont get the shot" , last night I asked here WTF she sent this : . I will try to find where I took notes but it comes down to the "stuff" you have already been hearing, they don't actually have proof it works, they don't actually even know that it works, it's RNA which means that it transcribes or changes your DNA so you don't wanna get a whole bunch of that in you and then have it take over and change your DNA. We are not test subjects, and that's exactly what they're making everybody be, the vaccines are just massive clinical trials.

4Waters

Reaction score
Weird is the simple description of this China flu ordeal , Daughter is attending a health related 3day seminar working on her doctorate , told my wife Sunday "dont get the shot" , last night I asked here WTF she sent this : . I will try to find where I took notes but it comes down to the "stuff" you have already been hearing, they don't actually have proof it works, they don't actually even know that it works, it's RNA which means that it transcribes or changes your DNA so you don't wanna get a whole bunch of that in you and then have it take over and change your DNA. We are not test subjects, and that's exactly what they're making everybody be, the vaccines are just massive clinical trials.
That's exactly why I got J&J

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Do you perhaps have a relative that has passed away the smoked? This is a common theme among those being visited by dead relatives from the past...

They don't really leave cigarette smoke in the house, but they trigger the memory of it in your head...

jones performance

Reaction score
yea my smell is still all kinds of fucked up. random smoke smells, and most stuff smells like garbage to me. been this way since november

Blubyu

Reaction score
Do you perhaps have a relative that has passed away the smoked? This is a common theme among those being visited by dead relatives from the past...

They don't really leave cigarette smoke in the house, but they trigger the memory of it in your head...

Damn...... Yes, my mom, and both grandparents.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
I agree

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Got Covid about six months ago... Wasn't even a big deal. Felt like a cold, however, I did loose taste and smell. Both of these senses came back after a month. For what ever reason, after having the bat flu, I always get the smell of cigarette smoke throughout the day at random times. WTF????? Anyone else get this random smell of something when it's not there? I don't even smoke, don't work around any one who smokes and I hate the smell!!!! Maybe my wife if giving me a dissociative anesthetic in my sleep every night. lol

Yep.

Same with me. Had a cold for maybe three days, and now I get that cig smell every so often.

Its been 6 months for my daughter, and nothing smells the same to her anymore.

Fucking socks for the both of us.