WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blackstone Accessories

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Curious as to what some of you have, want to have, or should have. It’s stupid how many different accessories that blackstone offers. Doesn’t have to be blackstone accessories only. Just interested in what everyone is finding useful or was a waist of money. My list is long and I don’t necessary want to spend money on shit I won’t use.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Muat haves: A couple of spatulas a squeeze bottle for oil, at least 1 steam dome thingy, a 6" taping knife to scrape with.

Nice to have: egg rings, warming / cooling rack, press for smash burgers and steaks, and the foil liners for the drip tray.

Mine needs a heat shield / wind deflector for the sides. Someone told me to go to Dollar Tree and buy 6 metal scrapers (3 for each side). You hang them over the sides and works great.

Sent Using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Muat haves: A couple of spatulas a squeeze bottle for oil, at least 1 steam dome thingy, a 6" taping know to scrape with.

Nice to have: egg rings, warming / cooling rack, press for smash burgers and steaks, and the foil liners for the drip tray.

Mine needs a heat shield / wind deflector for the sides. Someone told me to go to Dollar Tree and buy 6 metal scrapers (3 for each side). You hang them over the sides and works great.

Sent Using Tapatalk
Definitely need the press for smash burgers. Never heard it being used for steaks though. Fortunately my griddle has the lid so don’t need the wind deflectors. Your right about the aluminum liners.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Somebody to lend a fukin hand ever once in a while...jeez this shit gets busy...
That’s for sure. The better half will give a hand getting me things that I forgot to bring out or grabbing me another adult beverage.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Definitely need the press for smash burgers. Never heard it being used for steaks though. Fortunately my griddle has the lid so don’t need the wind deflectors. Your right about the aluminum liners.
Mine has a lid also. The wind deflectors are to keep the wind from blowing under the griddle itself. Mine has about a 1.5" gap between the bottom of the griddle and the top of the shelves.

Also, I was told to be careful closing the lid when cooking with high heat, due to warping the lid. I have done it, and haven't had any warping. The lid is more for storage than cooking.

Sent Using Tapatalk

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Mine has a lid also. The wind deflectors are to keep the wind from blowing under the griddle itself. Mine has about a 1.5" gap between the bottom of the griddle and the top of the shelves.

Also, I was told to be careful closing the lid when cooking with high heat, due to warping the lid. I have done it, and haven't had any warping. The lid is more for storage than cooking.

Sent Using Tapatalk
Never thought of that. Thanks might keep the stuff on the side shelves cooler also.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Walmart and Lowe’s sell all kinds of Blackstone gear.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Never thought of that. Thanks might keep the stuff on the side shelves cooler also.
That's the issue. If you have the outside burners on anything other than low heat, you can only put stuff on the outer edge of the shelf. Otherwise it gets too hot to grab, and will melt a plastic container.

Sent Using Tapatalk

Rondog4405

Reaction score
The new design burger press is legit. The old one had too much gap. And the extra wide spatula is solid now without the logo cutout.. way better!! Waiting for the new hatch chili seasoning to hit my walmart.🙂

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Extra grease tins
mat for the ground (if you care about how it looks)
Basting lid(s) - more important if you have no griddle lid
Griddle tool kit (has spatulas, scrapers, bottles)
I use Pumice stones to clean it after scraping it

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
As stated twice above, extra grease tins is a must. I'm a cheap bastard, but it's so much easier to just plop a few paper towels over the used grease tin and toss it in the trash instead of trying to re-use them. When were camping, it seems like i'm the only one who has the tins so I keep plenty of them on hand for friends. Also, the wife bought this for me
1621435334419.png

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Extra grease tins
mat for the ground (if you care about how it looks)
Basting lid(s) - more important if you have no griddle lid
Griddle tool kit (has spatulas, scrapers, bottles)
I use Pumice stones to clean it after scraping it
Forgot about a big rug.......Amazon has 4 by 6 rubber backed mats for like $35, they are big door mats actually, we have ours on one of those, bacon grease ends up all over the place if not

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Forgot about a big rug.......Amazon has 4 by 6 rubber backed mats for like $35, they are big door mats actually, we have ours on one of those, bacon grease ends up all over the place if not

That was # 2 - mat for the ground.

I got a rubber diamond plate mat. Working pretty good, I just roll it up when done and put it on the lower shelf

If you don’t have a hinged lid, I’d say get a bigger mat or rug than this for sure.

Cuisinart CGMT-300 Premium Deck and Patio Grill Mat, 65” x 35" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RY8747...abc_JSW84FBB8D3NZNV3H983?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Really? I just scrap mine, wipe it down with a hand full of paper towels then a light coat of Pam.
Never heard of the pumice stone before.

I only use the stone when the grill is really bad.

I cooked brown sugar bacon on it a couple weeks ago. The Pumice and water really knock down the excess grease and carmelized sugar.

It is almost like using a clay bar on a car. The stone will move effortlessly across the water on the grill when it’s clean, you can feel it hang up on the grease and clean it off the grill.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Scrpaer, metal spatula, bottle of oil, fuck ton of paper towels to clean up, and a bacon/burger press if you want to get fancy.

Its just a griddle, not a ton of stuff ya need. Spend the money on better ingredients for the food.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I only use the stone when the grill is really bad.

I cooked brown sugar bacon on it a couple weeks ago. The Pumice and water really knock down the excess grease and carmelized sugar.

It is almost like using a clay bar on a car. The stone will move effortlessly across the water on the grill when it’s clean, you can feel it hang up on the grease and clean it off the grill.

does that remove the seasoning?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Scrpaer, metal spatula, bottle of oil, fuck ton of paper towels to clean up, and a bacon/burger press if you want to get fancy.

Its just a griddle, not a ton of stuff ya need. Spend the money on better ingredients for the food.

Agreed. Plus 2 or 3 bottles of oil:
Flaxseed for seasoning - rarely used
Olive oil for cleaning - often used
Avocado oil for cooking - used every time

HitIt

Reaction score
Blue shop towels leave less lint when cleaning.

I also use these between the smash burger ball and spatula when smashing so that the burger doesn't stick to the spatula:

Also, I prefer a heavy, stiff spatula (vs a press) for smashing because it moves your hand further away from all of the grease that is flying around and you get burned less.

I have never used a stone for cleaning and never needed to even though I have had some sticky messes. Scrape with a 6" scraper, then water and paper towels always works.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Does anyone else have an issue with singing their knuckles when using these fockers? They cook so damn hot (even on low) that my knuckles end up with a mild "singe" after cooking an entire meal. Not an issue using tongs, but with the "teppan" style spatulas

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Does anyone else have an issue with singing their knuckles when using these fockers? They cook so damn hot (even on low) that my knuckles end up with a mild "singe" after cooking an entire meal. Not an issue using tongs, but with the "teppan" style spatulas

Let me guess, you don’t own an F150.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
does that remove the seasoning?

I think if you really went nuts with scrubbing it would. I can tell you it does remove all the “taste” from the previous meal, so if you are between courses and don’t want a carne asada flavored dessert, hit the griddle with the stone real quick.

Last edited:

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I have the folding surround tray deal on mine, it never gets folded. Gives you a ton of space to load plates or whatever.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Shit. I can’t even get the grill to buy the accessories for. none for 100 miles last time I checked Home Depot app.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
And you guys say I spend money on random stuff.. lol I don’t have any of this stuff?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

wallnutz

Reaction score
It’s kind of a gimmick , but I use the pancake dispenser. Makes perfect sized pancakes every time. Also like the egg rings for making sausage McMuffins with eggs.
I use a stainless 4” taping knife for a scraper. I will scrape then spray a little olive oil and wipe with paper towels between different food. A silicone spatula works great for flipping delicate things.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Here's an accessory for those of you too cheap to buy a Blackstone 😲 😲 😲

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 6.04.17 PM.png

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
If Blackstones are so bad ass, why the fuck don't they just all.come with a lid? Who the fuck wants to put a dirty ass cover on over just the griddle? 😂😂🤩🤩

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If Blackstones are so bad ass, why the fuck don't they just all.come with a lid? Who the fuck wants to put a dirty ass cover on over just the griddle? 😂😂🤩🤩

Because it’s so bad ass they know they can charge extra for the lid and people will pay it out of their stimulus and PPP funds.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
You don't clean your griddle when your finished cooking?

1621529000832.png