WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Howard SDS

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Just think, its going to look twice as good IN the boat!

RECIPE-
1-BAD ASS BOAT
1-BAD ASS INTERIOR
1-BAD ASS MOTOR

"DREAMS COMING TRUE!"
ONLY IN AMERICA!
v6toy, it’s getting really hard to be patient, the closer this gets to completion! This boat is very much a dream come true! Thank you!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Oh great news. I spoke with Gene a week ago or so about getting an SDS or 288 built and he said join the list with a deposit and you'll see it anywhere from 2.5 to 3 years. Don't have the patience for that sorry. He's got over 22 boats in the que already.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Oh great news. I spoke with Gene a week ago or so about getting an SDS or 288 built and he said join the list with a deposit and you'll see it anywhere from 2.5 to 3 years. Don't have the patience for that sorry. He's got over 22 boats in the que already.

Selling the 335?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Selling the 335?

As they say, Looking is free. SDS would be easier around the beach but I love the 335 so who knows. Don’t want to wait 2.5 years for a new boat either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Get a spot in line! Who knows, maybe some people will drop out and it will be faster for you! Everyone has a pretty big waiting list right now from what I hear. Kind of crazy!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Get a spot in line! Who knows, maybe some people will drop out and it will be faster for you! Everyone has a pretty big waiting list right now from what I hear. Kind of crazy!

This, the 2 years will be over before you know it! I figure wait 2 years and enjoy the boat I want for 15 more!!

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
A2B1560A-997E-4A6E-832B-20EB0BBB8541.jpeg
Engine is in for the last time. I think they are waiting on the rocker switches then up to final rigging. These are the longest weeks of my life!

the510

Reaction score
just bought some dogecoin!! praying it makes some cash so I can buy my HOWARD! your boat is a BEAST. GREAT TASTE ON EVERYTHING

v6toy4x

Reaction score
View attachment 1001755
Windshields are gel coated,

Once I turned down the TV I could here that thing grumbling from here!
You have to post a video from behind it while its just sitting idling, nothing better than a hungry beast waiting to let it rip!!
The black out at the bottom is gel? interesting, gives me an idea, thx! any update on water test?

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Once I turned down the TV I could here that thing grumbling from here!
You have to post a video from behind it while its just sitting idling, nothing better than a hungry beast waiting to let it rip!!
The black out at the bottom is gel? interesting, gives me an idea, thx! any update on water test?
Yes, the bottom of the windshields are gel. It’s done to match your graphics. From what I can gather, we might be water testing in the next couple of weeks. I’m trying not to get too anxious so I am not let down too much if its not ready. But rest assured, when it’s done, I will post pics, vids, numbers and everything!

Last edited:

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I know how that feels the couple weeks before.. You’re so close and it looks so good. I’m so excited to see it on the water.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
What’s with the railroad track piece?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They use them around the shop for weighting things down. Being used here to hold the seat down during alignment before holes are drilled.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Are you local and taking all of these pictures yourself?
I’m about 2 hours away. I visit a lot. These pics of interior are from Rafael at the shop. He is one of the two guys working on my boat right now. I asked him a while ago if he could update me.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Is this supposed to be a tease?

Or am I too dumb to figure out how to get the video portion??

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Water test date?
It’s going to Teague on Monday so they can build the exhaust pipes and install the drive. From what I understand that will take 1-2 days. Then they will let me know when they are ready to water test which I will be present for. The anticipation is killing me!!!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
It’s going to Teague on Monday so they can build the exhaust pipes and install the drive. From what I understand that will take 1-2 days. Then they will let me know when they are ready to water test which I will be present for. The anticipation is killing me!!!

How does that saying go??
ANTICIPATION IS WHAT MAKES IT GREAT!

I am going down Monday I was going to offer to get some pics but sounds like it will be up the street.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
How does that saying go??
ANTICIPATION IS WHAT MAKES IT GREAT!

I am going down Monday I was going to offer to get some pics but sounds like it will be up the street.
If you don’t mind take some pics for me please!
Are they starting your build on Monday? Awesome!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
If you don’t mind take some pics for me please!
Are they starting your build on Monday? Awesome!

Gladly, if it is not over at teague's.
Supposed to get started, going down to go over changes to the build sheet, and just look up-close at one.

Its one thing to wait for what you want to be built, but its another to have that options list sitting in front of you for months, things seem to just get added!

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Gladly, if it is not over at teague's.
Supposed to get started, going down to go over changes to the build sheet, and just look up-close at one.

Its one thing to wait for what you want to be built, but its another to have that options list sitting in front of you for months, things seem to just get added!
Very cool for you to start your build! My advice, make a list of items that you want to talk to Mike about and go over them in person! It’s a lot easier in person with him. Maybe it’s just me, but I had a lot of questions, wants and needs, and it was just easier to deal with those in person. I have been to Howard approximately 15-20 times during my build and I think that has greatly helped with my satisfaction in the final product. Just what I have learned.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Very cool for you to start your build! My advice, make a list of items that you want to talk to Mike about and go over them in person! It’s a lot easier in person with him. Maybe it’s just me, but I had a lot of questions, wants and needs, and it was just easier to deal with those in person. I have been to Howard approximately 15-20 times during my build and I think that has greatly helped with my satisfaction in the final product. Just what I have learned.

Agree 100%, list is made on excell and is 3 pages long broke out into
"REVISED BUILD SHEET" basically cost, of course it always goes up never down!
"IN THE MOLD" scheme and color selection, rubrail impact, pretty sure I have beat this one to death
"RIGGING" adds, substitutions, relocates, special requests from different switch panels to main battery switch location and alternate wash-down system.
"SPECIFIC PICTURES TO TAKE"
"MEASUREMENTS TO TAKE" need to decide if all my do-dads will fit in convinient locations or if I need to get new do dads and thinga-majigs

I have discussed most of this over the phone with gene and sent illustrations, most did not seem a problem some they opted out of which is no problem I can do afterwards if I really need them.

I cant make that many trips but I do plan on flying down at least once a month. Take a different family member each time, try and make it fun.
I anticipate the build process to be as much fun for me as using it! Anticipation is a double edged sword, one minute it gives you that "something" to think about and look forward to, the next it drives you batty cause you can't wait! You and Mecasa echoed that sentiment through your builds.

How you feelin' right now!!!!!!!
The day that badboy hits the water the first time will run a close third to your wedding and kids births, if so inclined of course!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I think the most important thing for you is it DID go to Teague today!!!

I grabbed a couple quick ones on the floor before they trailered it
MIKE SDS 5-24-1.jpg

MIKE SDS 5-24-2.jpg

MIKE SDS 5-24-3.jpg

and one more spy photo from upstairs!!
MIKE SDS 5-24-4.jpg

I should have asked you if there was any specifics to capture, sorry!
I did suggest a few changes they are going to do :eek: :eek:

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
I think the most important thing for you is it DID go to Teague today!!!

I grabbed a couple quick ones on the floor before they trailered it
View attachment 1006009
View attachment 1006010
View attachment 1006011

and one more spy photo from upstairs!!
View attachment 1006012

I should have asked you if there was any specifics to capture, sorry!
I did suggest a few changes they are going to do :eek: :eek:
It looks so good! I’m blown away by how good everything is looking! Thank you for taking some pics!
How did your visit go for you?

v6toy4x

Reaction score
It looks so good! I’m blown away by how good everything is looking! Thank you for taking some pics!
How did your visit go for you?
It went great spent 3 hours, mixed some colors, added a bunch of money!!! spent some time with Mike about some stuff in rigging I would like to change, add or substitute he seemed very receptive. This is going to be FUN!

I have built street rods, rock crawlers and a variety of "add ons" for my toys but this is going to be the funnest!
I had said, waiting to get something exactly the way you want is no problem, but waiting with an options sheet in your hand is all BAD!!!!

I doubt our paths will cross, but needless to say if they do I will recognize you and @MeCasa from a mile away! ENJOY

v6toy4x

Reaction score