WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I’m a shitty golfer...

DWC

Reaction score
Played this morning and started off with a double bogey then a bogey and was able shoot an 82, best round yet!
Shitty part was we played skins and I beat the other three guys who shot 87, 88, and 87 and ended up paying all of them[emoji2959]!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
You in So Cal? Thinking about playing Refuge in the AM

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Played emerald canyon in Parker this week with @riverlynchmob. Course is in solid shape. Leaving for Cabo this week on Wednesday and we’re scheduled for Cabo Real and Cabo Del Sol courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinR

Reaction score
Feeling a bit stiff this morning after 36 holes yesterday.
Walked 18 with my buddies in the morning, then took a cart for 18 with wife and another couple.
Did not get to play much last year with Covid and some health issues, but ready to get back at it.
Was so great to be on the course again, even won $15. Big payday!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Reading some of this gave me an idea for a movie to watch. Torn between Caddy Shack, Happy Gilmore and Tin cup. Hmmmm

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I’m so fucking dumb I didn’t know they made right and left clubs 🤔 ( long story I’ll make short ) I was at a storage wars lost the unit I talked to the guy that won , sell me those clubs , full set everything Ok I gave them to a kid I know , he said thanks I can’t use them 🤔🤬WTF ? They are right handed 🤔so , 30 mins later yep he can’t use them ( 7 years in my closet ) 😫I have them in my truck now for a kid on site that is right handed , lol I need to stop not watching sports 🤔 who would have thought L-R handed clubs ? 🤔

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I’m so fucking dumb I didn’t know they made right and left clubs 🤔 ( long story I’ll make short ) I was at a storage wars lost the unit I talked to the guy that won , sell me those clubs , full set everything Ok I gave them to a kid I know , he said thanks I can’t use them 🤔🤬WTF ? They are right handed 🤔so , 30 mins later yep he can’t use them ( 7 years in my closet ) 😫I have them in my truck now for a kid on site that is right handed , lol I need to stop not watching sports 🤔 who would have thought L-R handed clubs ? 🤔

thats frigging hilarious

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
thats frigging hilarious
I was up in Nm for 6 months in RV park , working at White Sands ( stallion base ) he lived across from me , we bullshited and drank beer with lots of park peeps , he Golfed not to many clubs . I could not believe it I stood there WTF R-L 🤔 I never thought L-R ?been in closet for 7 years , every time I open that door “ Golf Sucks “ 🤔

Reactions: DWC

satellitemike

Reaction score
Sunday may not be good, most likely be on the road home as I dont want to deal w the cluster later in the day! I was almost thinking Thursday morning/early afternoon prior to the street fair. Maybe Friday morning as well.

BingerFang

Reaction score
3 over going into 12… then my normal self came back to finish. best game yet!

B4952DF9-4986-4F6F-808F-443074316309.png

77charger

Reaction score
Went tuesday to a local course with my father in law had my best game so far on same course i play shot 87 on a par63 course some holes i choked but like improving

BingerFang

Reaction score
What’s the trick to get on that early? I tried booking it for next Saturday and the men’s league had the first 2 hrs booked up…. Those bastards 😂

It’s kinda bull shit because they play every Saturday….. like dudeyou live there full time so play on a Friday and leave the Saturday tee times for the weekend warriors.

They would have let you book the tee time before the men’s club, however I already have it booked 😂 We have two 4 sums teeing off at 5:30 and 5:45 next Saturday, Sorry waffles!!! If anyone bails and we have an open spot I will let you know 👍🏻

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
It’s kinda bull shit because they play every Saturday….. like dudeyou live there full time so play on a Friday and leave the Saturday tee times for the weekend warriors.

They would have let you book the tee time before the men’s club, however I already have it booked 😂 We have two 4 sums teeing off at 5:30 and 5:45 next Saturday, Sorry waffles!!! If anyone bails and we have an open spot I will let you know 👍🏻
Don’t threaten me with a good time…..I’ll fucking be there.
Did Eagle Glen this morning and I was on a good one.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I haven’t play Eagle for a couple years. I like that course

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I can not golf.
Im built more for shot putt. Lol

BUT...my short game is bad ass.
Croquet champ, putting green hero, putt putt golf pro.
Throw the ball on the green anywhere and I’ll bet my paycheck against anyone...getting there is where I fail miserably.

JD D05

Reaction score
Hit my best score 3 weeks ago at 74 with a 3 putt par. Played a few days later and popped my groin so have been taking time off.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I can not golf.
Im built more for shot putt. Lol

BUT...my short game is bad ass.
Croquet champ, putting green hero, putt putt golf pro.
Throw the ball on the green anywhere and I’ll bet my paycheck against anyone...getting there is where I fail miserably.
Uh huh, sure.🤣

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
i smell a challenge??
Not even, it just has been my experience that many who boast about their golf prowess usually have none.😉😁😁
My golf talent is described perfectly in the thread title

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Not even, it just has been my experience that many who boast about their golf prowess usually have none.😉😁😁
My golf talent is described perfectly in the thread title

I suck at golf. lol
That’s my whole point. It’s my short game and short game ONLY that I make mention of!!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I suck at golf. lol
That’s my whole point. It’s my short game and short game ONLY that I make mention of!!
My short game(100yds and in) some days is great, usually when the long game is crappy and vice-versa when I can hit my driver straight. It's a rare occurrence that they both are working. Generally, by time a get around to the 13th/14th my back is jacked anyhow so at that point I tend to survey a lot of the course. Lol, at least I know where most of the snakes hide out😁
Long putts I am ok but I have a serious yip problem on the short 3-4 footers.....🤨

BingerFang

Reaction score
79 at Emerald is a good score. A 78 at that Fullerton course, not so much. That Fullerton course has a bunch of par 3s. Looks like par for the course is only 68?

Yup! I just started golfing last year hence the thread title 😜

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Walked a round at Chula Vista Muni two weeks ago. Shot 38 on the front, looking good... then I carded a 7 for 10, 11 and 12. :( 👎 :mad: Finished OK, but not like the day started. LOL

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Got my ass kicked at Glen Ivy in Corona today. 1st time playing there, it plays well but man the rough was thick. I could not get my drives under control, just spraying all over. They were either Money or gone. Had at least 12 penalty strokes and shot 96. Plus is was one of those days where you know your ball should be in a certain area and its just GONE!

Still had a good time but sucks to shoot in the 90s lol.

Last edited:

BingerFang

Reaction score
Got my ass handed to me today by Ike over at Industry Hills…. Wish I could say I lost more than 1 ball but I’d be lying 😂👍🏻

Last edited:

BingerFang

Reaction score
That place is just plain mean. Played it when i was hitting the range and playing on a regular basis. The fairways were tough to hit and the greens were like asphalt.

They have some of the hardest greens I’ve ever played! Excellent course for the money and the location.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Have you played Black Gold in Yorba Linda. I was in the men's club for many years. Those greens are hard and fast. Tight fairways.

I have not played there yet but I’m itching to. I told myself I need to play better golf before I hit the big boy courses.

DWC

Reaction score
Have you played Black Gold in Yorba Linda. I was in the men's club for many years. Those greens are hard and fast. Tight fairways.
Great course. Played it quite a bit with some co-workers before they went to the competition. :oops: Bought a Ping 2 hybrid just for that place. Balls disappear in bunches out there.