WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Riverside Peeps

franky

Reaction score
Burying my dad at Riverside National Cemetary June 23rd. Have a lot of family coming into town and I guess better to fly into Ontario? We are staying at the Hyatt Place in downtown Riverside and want to find a good brewery with food to hang at one night and then a Mexican food place that can accommodate 25 or so of us for lunch after the service. Must have full bar! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

senorpdog

Reaction score
I would definitely go on anchos for Mexican call ahead they have a private patio that should fulfill your party size. As far as brewery downtown I mean there is heroes or slaters 50-50 just opened there’s a pretty good brewery in a place called the food lab but that’s more of like a food court in the mall but with very good food.

senorpdog

Reaction score
Not sure if you have been to that cemetery before I just buried my grandmother there last week there are no masks needed. But please make sure you take the time to check out the monuments while you are there I think everybody in these times needs to go see these monuments they are definitely amazing display for our heroes.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I would second the two previous restaurants mentioned. Wicks Brewing in riverside is a good place to try. Plenty of room and they serve food as well.
My condolences on your dad.

RichieRich

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dad, my Grandfather is buried at Riverside National Cemetery and it is beautiful to say the least.
I would suggest the Heroes for the Brewery...they are on the corner of Mission Inn Ave and Lime St
And as far as Mexican food goes, there are a lot of choices but Mezcal on University Ave right by the Mission Inn is pretty good. But if you want authentic, you can call ahead and see if Templo Del Sol on University can fit you in.

franky

Reaction score
Not sure if you have been to that cemetery before I just buried my grandmother there last week there are no masks needed. But please make sure you take the time to check out the monuments while you are there I think everybody in these times needs to go see these monuments they are definitely amazing display for our heroes.
Yes awesome place, my Mom is interned there.

76 Southwind

Reaction score
I 2nd Wicks Brewing with the Budman for beer. But check out there food selection its still pretty limited. Flatbread pizza, salads, and pretzel bites along with tater tots is about it.

thedan

Reaction score
We needed masks for a service there on May 14 FYI.

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear all the positive comments on Riverside Memorial Cemetery, seems it's dramatically improved with age.
In 1987 and again in 1995 respectively, when I buried both my parents there, the place was so barren and ugly I felt guilt whenever I'd visit despite it being their decision.
I suppose knowing I'd more than likely end up there as a benefit of my own service years, only made it these visits more depressing and increasingly less frequent.
This in contrast to my visits to my uncle's plot at Point Loma, that is stunningly beautiful.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Heroes for the brewery which is right up the street from your hotel.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.. heroes has always been good . The mission inn for mex. Nice patio area and bar

EmpirE231

Reaction score
You got some good suggestions going already. If you decide on a whiskey bar instead of a brewery, proAbition is right there downtown as well. The Mexican food @ mission inn is also pretty good “los campanos”

franky

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear all the positive comments on Riverside Memorial Cemetery, seems it's dramatically improved with age.
In 1987 and again in 1995 respectively, when I buried both my parents there, the place was so barren and ugly I felt guilt whenever I'd visit despite it being their decision.
I suppose knowing I'd more than likely end up there as a benefit of my own service years, only made it these visits more depressing and increasingly less frequent.
This in contrast to my visits to my uncle's plot at Point Loma, that is stunningly beautiful.
Today, I would also describe Riverside as stunningly beautiful.

hallettheck

Reaction score
Try Woodys Brewhouse in Moreno Valley.....BBQ and more...large enough for a group.....indoor and outdoor available....
if you call for reservation tell him BOB recommended

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Going to a memorial there on the 14th myself. Good info on places to go since I haven't been back to riverside for a few years.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
I've eaten at Anchos many times. If you order traditional Mexican food there, like tacos and burritos you'll be disappointed. Any of their seafood type stuff is good. My go to everytime is the Anchos combo, bacon wrapped shrimp and fall off the bone ribs.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
For the bar try Lake Alice directly across the street from Mission Inn. You can reserve the upstairs loft. 2 pool tables with a private bar and servers. Cigar lounge next door if there is interest in that.
Now that Sevilla is gone, there is no great food in Riverside. It's all pretty Americanized. Thank God for Luna in Corona.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
You could also try Raincross Pub and Kitchen. It is also on University, within walking distance from your hotel. This restaurant is also the same owner as the new Romano's in Havasu. He always have several of the local microbrews on tap and a full bar. Plenty of room for a large party.

Prayers for you and your Family. My grandfather and grandmother are both buried there. I live down the street and the wife and I often ride there to visit them.

nowski

Reaction score
Only Heroes are buried at Riverside National Cemetery...

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I've eaten at Anchos many times. If you order traditional Mexican food there, like tacos and burritos you'll be disappointed. Any of their seafood type stuff is good. My go to everytime is the Anchos combo, bacon wrapped shrimp and fall off the bone ribs.
Their carne asada nacho kicks ass👍

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Is pretty clean👍
Lawns look great, the ponds are too.
Went to a service some months ago, while I couldn’t hear some of the service, the reason was somewhat fitting. Military aircraft flying overhead. March field is on the other side of the highway.
Somehow I know Scott wouldn’t have minded the sound of pure Military badassery flying over head.

Taboma

Reaction score
Is pretty clean👍
Lawns look great, the ponds are too.
Went to a service some months ago, while I couldn’t hear some of the service, the reason was somewhat fitting. Military aircraft flying overhead. March field is on the other side of the highway.
Somehow I know Scott wouldn’t have minded the sound of pure Military badassery flying over head.

My parents are in 19A, way out yonder. When my mom was buried, the landscape was barren, and soggy as if it was watered by flooding. It had improved a little by 95' and I do realize it takes time for the fauna to mature. I'm just glad to read so many positive reviews.
What I don't know, because I haven't researched it, is if vets get a choice between Riverside and Miramar ? I just as soon be tossed across the blue Pacific or Havasu so all my friends could taste my nuts. 😂

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
My parents are in 19A, way out yonder. When my mom was buried, the landscape was barren, and soggy as if it was watered by flooding. It had improved a little by 95' and I do realize it takes time for the fauna to mature. I'm just glad to read so many positive reviews.
What I don't know, because I haven't researched it, is if vets get a choice between Riverside and Miramar ? I just as soon be tossed across the blue Pacific or Havasu so all my friends could taste my nuts. 😂
My grandparents are in in 19A also, 700. Yes it has come a long way and is in pretty good shape nowadays.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
My uncle passed away in '80.
Section 8.
He served during Korea.
Only time I've been there. (Riverside)

Dan'l

Last edited: