WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

7:30 A. M. And the channel is already packed.

charlyox

Reaction score
7:30 in the morning and the channel is already packed.
50D4BF73-9863-409D-A3B9-3068DAB35392.png

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
A friend of mine camped out in steamboat last night. He woke up early so he decided to head to the channel at 4am and he barely got a spot. So crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Friends in town have a full house so they used our driveway for boats and vehicles. Got an alert they were moving about. It was at 6:30am. It will be interesting to hear their take on the volume of boats in the channel. :eek:

Water Romper

Reaction score
I actually liked the chaos and crowds....I wouldn't want to do it everyday but it was a big deal for us to pack up on Friday after work, make the ridiculous trek to Havasu from Orange County, feel the Arizona heat and deal with the people and boats. We knew what we were in for and was never surprised that it was crowded. 99% of the time we had no problems, just hurry up and wait. Of course, now a days, Things are a bit different but I do wish I was there RIGHT NOW! Looks like soooo much fun 😁 This is how crowded it is in this neck of the woods

Attachments

• 20200829_154259.jpg
    20200829_154259.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 235

Mike K

Reaction score
Chairs and EZ-Ups ... been seeing more and more of this ... so uncool ... you gotta hand it to the actual peeps that get up in the middle of the night while the rest of his crew or family is “sleeping” ... but this ... going out the night or day before “while it’s convenient for you “ and put down chairs or EZ-Ups ... arrogance ... remember back in the 90’s ... you’d drive by a cove in Mohave and see someone’s chairs and EZ-up thrown way up the hill all jacked up ... yeah ... That was cool !

Groper

Reaction score
Chairs and EZ-Ups ... been seeing more and more of this ... so uncool ... you gotta hand it to the actual peeps that get up in the middle of the night while the rest of his crew or family is “sleeping” ... but this ... going out the night or day before “while it’s convenient for you “ and put down chairs or EZ-Ups ... arrogance ... remember back in the 90’s ... you’d drive by a cove in Mohave and see someone’s chairs and EZ-up thrown way up the hill all jacked up ... yeah ... That was cool !
Especially in front of the Kings View Condos, I'd like to see the LHC Marine assoc. go out at night and remove all the ez-ups and chairs and then donate everything. ;)

CobraDave

Reaction score
I’m fine with that but not on Memorial. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
Holiday weekends are amateur hour. No thanks. Too many dumb people out and potential for bad shit to happen is increased exponentially. Guess when you have kids your view changes on these weekends. They’re a young mans game or a retired couples game with no kids watching the madness from a distance like maybe throw an anchor in Thompson bay or something.

Getting up in the middle of the night to secure a channel spot? 😂😂 that shit makes zero sense to me and being in the middle of the shit show doesn’t appeal to me any more. During dessert storm I’d never seen the lake so crowded. I couldn’t get away from the channel fast enough. 😂😂

Tank

Reaction score
A friend of mine camped out in steamboat last night. He woke up early so he decided to head to the channel at 4am and he barely got a spot. So crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sleeping on the boat overnight at 3 dunes or steam boat actually sounds kinda fun. Ran it by the wife. We’re doing it this coming fall.

Last edited:

sintax

Reaction score
sleeping on the boat overnight at 3 dunes or steam boat actually sounds kinda fun.

i'm with you, i've been trying to talk my brother in law into it with the nieces but hes not into it.

My dad and I did it on Mead and Mojave all the time when I was a kid, it was a blast.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Holiday weekends are amateur hour. No thanks. Too many dumb people out and potential for bad shit to happen is increased exponentially. Guess when you have kids your view changes on these weekends. They’re a young mans game or a retired couples game with no kids watching the madness from a distance like maybe throw an anchor in Thompson bay or something.

Getting up in the middle of the night to secure a channel spot? [emoji23][emoji23] that shit makes zero sense to me and being in the middle of the shit show doesn’t appeal to me any more. During dessert storm I’d never seen the lake so crowded. I couldn’t get away from the channel fast enough. [emoji23][emoji23]
Ain't that the truth.

I'm in the middle of trimming the trees in the front yard now, thought about going down to the channel later...

I'll pass on that.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Groper

Reaction score
I'm hoping when I arrive Wednesday afternoon the PH level will close to 7 so my skin cells can survive a dip in the lake :eek:

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score

Getting up in the middle of the night to secure a channel spot? 😂😂 that shit makes zero sense to me and being in the middle of the shit show doesn’t appeal to me any more. During dessert storm I’d never seen the lake so crowded. I couldn’t get away from the channel fast enough. 😂😂
You nailed it tank, we went out last sat/sun, knowing the shit show was coming, we just got back from walking the channel, half the boats there had nobody in them. I just think of the huge toilet the channel turn into by about 2pm,,,,yuck.

attitude

Reaction score
Wake up at 3am to put boat in channel by 4am, go back to sleep until 8am, wake up and get read, get to the boat around 9:30am and start drinking, post a few pictures on social media, pull off the water at 2pm to avoid 2 hour ramp lines.

Sure sounds like a fun weekend to me!

PlanB

Reaction score
We were out late last night and noticed ez- ups left on beaches. The shit is annoying but what are you going to do? Today will be the first day in weeks that our boat will not leave the slip.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Go move them and let some one beach

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I wonder how many fights there will be with people doing just that.
I can just see the angry pissed-off tattoo'd donkey rolling up and ready ruin someones weekend.
When my buddy was a park ranger at the state beach, his number one call (besides illegal alcohol on the beach) was 'Fire Ring Dispute'. People coming down early to snag a fire ring, leaving a few chairs, then going home.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Packed with CHAIRS. Let the games begin......

View attachment 1007474
I've never understood this shit for holding a spot. If you aren't ready with a boat to park then no spot for you. Someone that is ready for the spot with a boat, it's theirs. Worse is when the bat shit crazy women are given the tasked to defend a spot. Sometimes just looking over at them with no intention of being in the area has sent them in a rage and it's always the ones that are hard on the eyes.

FishSniper

Reaction score

Exactly plan on spending the weekend in the pool and launch on Tuesday morning.

Your ad here

Reaction score
We were out late last night and noticed ez- ups left on beaches. The shit is annoying but what are you going to do? Today will be the first day in weeks that our boat will not leave the slip.
If there was some State Park code or general code that mentioned something to the tune of, unattended property has no claim to reverse area for use and is deemed abandoned and carries a $2000 littering fine. I could see this leaving shit on the beach for later use becoming a big headache with time.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Im just curious what a small family is supposed to do ? Are they not allowed to set up a little beach ? Go out and do a little tubing maybe and come back to there stuff trashed because you think it was rude ? Not all eazy ups and chairs belong to a holes trying to steal everybodys fun .

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth.

I'm in the middle of trimming the trees in the front yard now, thought about going down to the channel later...

I'll pass on that.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
I will be going down around 4 to have a few beers,walk and look at people for a while. Going to the garage to work on my engine now.