WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So I made mention of a new magic box

Berdes

Reaction score
Got mine. Set up with HDMI, all kinds of channels. Very cool - except can't get audio to work. Suggestion for a fix?

Berdes

Reaction score
Oh. and yes. volumn is turned up, and mute is off.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I found that the sound is an order of magnitude quieter on the SS box vs other inputs. I have played with the volume and mute on the remote and it appears to do nothing. Overall I really like the box and will be canceling dish this month. The only issues I have are the sound which is minor and that it comes with the poorest remote known to mankind. It is an IR remote and if it is not pointed exactly, and I mean exactly at the box --- nothing.

Overall a good product though.

satellitemike

Reaction score
I found that the sound is an order of magnitude quieter on the SS box vs other inputs. I have played with the volume and mute on the remote and it appears to do nothing. Overall I really like the box and will be canceling dish this month. The only issues I have are the sound which is minor and that it comes with the poorest remote known to mankind. It is an IR remote and if it is not pointed exactly, and I mean exactly at the box --- nothing.

Same issue here w the remote and only works within 12' at best. Mike was really responsive and quick w a couple of fixes but nothing really changed?

Berdes

Reaction score
Thanks. Tried switching the cable out. Have note on s creen " Signal is DVI connection. Use HDMI1 and Audio 3 inputs for this AV signal".
Guess my setup is wrong ? Don't know what note means, connected to HDMI ports and cable.

MagicMike909

Reaction score

There is a fix for the remote issue. If you email me I’ll send you a link. I’ve never done it personally but I know two people who have.
[email protected]

buck35

Reaction score
Is there's a way to surf channels, or you have to enter a title?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Is there's a way to surf channels, or you have to enter a title?

when you goto live tv it brings up a channel list.. it takes about 5 seconds for the stream to load at my house so “surfing” isn’t ideal but you can see all the titles while you are scrolling so you can pick what ya want and do it that way..

Get415

Reaction score
When scrolling for something in the apps, the unit will just turn off/on randomly. Is there an update or fix for this?

SoCalDave

Reaction score
When scrolling for something in the apps, the unit will just turn off/on randomly. Is there an update or fix for this?
These units do all kind of shit on there own...drives my wife fukin crazy so she don't switch around much.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I have never had anything like that happen? Is the box behind glass or something?

Get415

Reaction score
No just sitting out in the open. Does the off/ on thing when looking for something to watch. Usually good once I pick something

MagicMike909

Reaction score
The premium SuperStream app is now available on all boxes. Go into the App Store and then find the premium tab then load the SuperStream APK

Attachments

• D4CA0B8D-A72F-4C27-8A44-8311903B9C06.png
    D4CA0B8D-A72F-4C27-8A44-8311903B9C06.png
    401.5 KB · Views: 109

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
The premium SuperStream app is now available on all boxes. Go into the App Store and then find the premium tab then load the SuperStream APK

We have been having a problem with movies. The audio is very difficult to understand. Doesn't happen on any other stuff we watch, just movies. Any ideas? What is the premium version and can you put it on a firestick?

MagicMike909

Reaction score
We have been having a problem with movies. The audio is very difficult to understand. Doesn't happen on any other stuff we watch, just movies. Any ideas? What is the premium version and can you put it on a firestick?

make sure you adjust the volume up with the SuperStream remote. They only provide the links to get you to the content. All the content is provided by third party providers. We have zero control over this. Also if you find a link that is the wrong movie or bad quality. I would suggest waiting to see if they release a better version of the movie. The premium SuperStream app is located in the App Store under premium.
Yes you can buy a subscription to the premium app and put it on a firestick but it’s not going to make it run better. The SuperStream box has dual antenna WiFi with a good amount of ram and memory. The firestick is tiny with zero antennas. My theory is if SuperStream could fit all that technology into a small stick they would.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’d like to add Kodi onto my box because I try to find some random movies sometimes and noticed they aren’t in the super stream lists..

Anyone know how to get a good Kodi build working on my boxes? FYI I added the super stream app to an older box, so I don’t have the newest boxes yet

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I bought two of these earlier this year, they rock.

MagicMike909

Reaction score
How did they get all the boxes to lock up last week during fight?
Have you ever driven down the 10 freeway on a Friday afternoon on a holiday weekend? We have zero control over the streams provided.
I remember once the Mayweather vs Pacquio fight. It was a flawless stream.

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with SS? I bought the upgrade for a box that I have. Been working great for many months but the last couple days I couldn't watch movies but I could live TV. Now it's nothing. Any ideas what to do? It's not an internet issue.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with SS? I bought the upgrade for a box that I have. Been working great for many months but the last couple days I couldn't watch movies but I could live TV. Now it's nothing. Any ideas what to do? It's not an internet issue.

I have been gone for a week but they were working fine when I left.. did you try turning it off and then turning it back on?

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
There is a new app.

I wonder if it's different on mine because I retrofitted an old box I had. When I go into the app store it asks me for my Google password and stuff. Little weary about putting that in.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I wonder if it's different on mine because I retrofitted an old box I had. When I go into the app store it asks me for my Google password and stuff. Little weary about putting that in.

fuck I hope not because I did that on 2.. I have 2 new boxes sitting there I’ve never even opened because I did the retro and it worked amazing

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
Any updates on the on how to do the latest update on a old box that I paid for the new system? I've heard APX or something but can't seem to get it done.

MagicMike909

Reaction score
Anyone with anSuperStream box

Go to App Store download Superstream Tv enter

Activation code:

You may need to delete and reinstall this

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Anyone with anSuperStream box

Go to App Store download Superstream Tv enter

Activation code:

You may need to delete and reinstall this

I emailed you a couple of weeks ago so I could set this up for my son. Went and tried the flielinked download and it was gone. This is on a fire stick. I will send you another email now.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Where is the App Store on the box?

I need to update one box.. the other one looks different than this one. 😳

boatnam2

Reaction score
How do i know when its getting close to time for a new box?

Turnup

Reaction score
Are these good to use in an RV or no because of shady WiFi at campgrounds? Or would they work well off a hotspot?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are these good to use in an RV or no because of shady WiFi at campgrounds? Or would they work well off a hotspot?

I use mine off hot spots, but I prefer to use simple more efficient programs like Netflix.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Figured it out.. I’m an idiot.. when I unplugged my old one I ended up picking up the old box and reconnected it instead of using the new one.. lol

scarabjet

Reaction score
Hi MagicMike.
Uninstalled and reinstalled the SuperstreamTV702 app and used the code you posted. It's showing as invalid. Any suggestions?
Thank you

MagicMike909

Reaction score
Hi MagicMike.
Uninstalled and reinstalled the SuperstreamTV702 app and used the code you posted. It's showing as invalid. Any suggestions?
Thank you
The new activation code should be scrolling across the top right hand of the screen. But here it is anyways
New activation code

scarabjet

Reaction score
Thanks MagicMike. That one was the first one I used and it didn't work.