2021 Stock Market

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It hasn’t started to squeeze yet. I thought 50 would trigger it but maybe 100

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Sorry meant what’s their monthly payment (percentage) on these shorts?

Technically they never have to pay up if they keep paying the interest. Obviously they can’t go forever at a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The theory is they will be margin called and have no choice

hallett21

Reaction score
The theory is they will be margin called and have no choice

But don’t hedges borrow on a % base? Meaning borrow a $100 for a 5% rate etc.

If they get called then whoever wrote the loan (margin called the shorts) would have a hard time selling to other hedges. Because now they are known as a bank who margin calls.

Not saying you’re wrong but do you think one hedge would kill another? That could put the whole system in a tailspin when hedges don’t trust each other.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

If they get called then whoever wrote the loan (margin called the shorts) would have a hard time selling to other hedges. Because now they are known as a bank who margin calls.

Not saying you’re wrong but do you think one hedge would kill another? That could put the whole system in a tailspin when hedges don’t trust each other.

How much risk are they willing to take on. I thought 50 would trigger it. Eventually they’ll have no choice

zhandfull

Reaction score
AMC up over 100% in one trading day. Lol..
I don’t truly understand why but imagine someone has or will lose their ass. 😁

lbhsbz

Reaction score
566B0F69-BF77-4DBB-A1B1-8DE6C6F15448.jpeg
Damn

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

During the GameStop fiasco, hedge funds backed one another up. They’ll do the same here.

What folks may not realize is that other hedge funds were massive winners during it all. Redditors didn’t exactly stick it to the man as much as they thought….just a few of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hallett21

Reaction score
I’m selling 50% of remaining at $500 and other 50% at $1000/share. Lol.

Maybe sell a bit at $100, if it gets there. [emoji573]🤷‍♂️

Lol I hope you guys get every last dime. AMC as an almost trillion dollar company 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
During the GameStop fiasco, hedge funds backed one another up. They’ll do the same here.

What folks may not realize is that other hedge funds were massive winners during it all. Redditors didn’t exactly stick it to the man as much as they thought….just a few of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hedge funds are losing billions daily on amc.

KingofBeers

Reaction score
For you guys just starting to learn about this stuff look up Gamma Squeeze. Because thats what this is. Ive been trading full time for close to 4yrs and only recently started following option chains on some of this trash.

Here is a pretty good explanation.

Or if you want to see some real time analysis and a shitload of learning material on this and you are on twitter I strongly suggest you follow Alldayfaders@team3Dstocks.
Go read his tweets starting about early the 27th.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Last figure I saw was 8-10 billion year to date. Did someone release new numbers?

I don’t have time to post the videos right now but Jeffrey Forbes and trey trades talk about it a lot

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Trey also talks about gamma squeeze a lot which is why I was saying the squeeze hasn’t started yet. This is a gamma squeeze

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’ve only been reading 6 months so a lot of this goes right over my head, but I’m trying to soak up and make sense of as much as I can as fast as I can

hallett21

Reaction score
I don’t have time to post the videos right now but Jeffrey Forbes and trey trades talk about it a lot

Just read one that says citadel might be exposed more than 57B in January lol. If that’s true Ho Lee Fuk

KingofBeers

Reaction score
Trey also talks about gamma squeeze a lot which is why I was saying the squeeze hasn’t started yet. This is a gamma squeeze
The squeeze has been going on since the 27th. Then the following day the $50 calls were opened, then the $73 calls were opened the day after that...etc. I personally have done nothing more than scalp this name and was done with it once it started skipping dollars into halts. In fact, my last trade was a scalp off the washout from the first halt resume.
AMCnotes.PNG

KingofBeers

Reaction score
Not just AMC but GME as well... Citadel and the other shorters are fukd.
Just read one that says citadel might be exposed more than 57B in January lol. If that’s true Ho Lee Fuk

Citadel owns 5% of Mudrick Capital Managment. Mudrick are the ones who were issued 8.5M shares at ~$27. They likely made out just fine selling to retail over the last couple days.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The squeeze has been going on since the 27th. Then the following day the $50 calls were opened, then the $73 calls were opened the day after that...etc. I personally have done nothing more than scalp this name and was done with it once it started skipping dollars into halts. In fact, my last trade was a scalp off the washout from the first halt resume. View attachment 1009098
Like I said I’m pretty new at this but I’m going to have to disagree. They haven’t started covering short posistions yet. This movement has been all momentum. When the shorts start covering then the squeeze starts.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Citadel owns 5% of Mudrick Capital Managment. Mudrick are the ones who were issued 8.5M shares at ~$27. They likely made out just fine selling to retail over the last couple days.
I believe they are the ones that caused the huge drop yesterday. Bought at 27 sold around 32. Retail investors ate it up like nothing

Yarder

Substantial Member
Reaction score
The squeeze has been going on since the 27th. Then the following day the $50 calls were opened, then the $73 calls were opened the day after that...etc. I personally have done nothing more than scalp this name and was done with it once it started skipping dollars into halts. In fact, my last trade was a scalp off the washout from the first halt resume. View attachment 1009098

So do you think the price action the last few days is from retail FOMO? Or is it still squeezing, gamma or otherwise?

KingofBeers

Reaction score
I believe they are the ones that caused the huge drop yesterday. Bought at 27 sold around 32. Retail investors ate it up like nothing
A fund playing this is not selling a market order for a $5/sh profit. There are lots of games that get played with hidden sellers, bid props, iceberg orders....but one thing I know for sure is Mudrick didnt just dump a bunch of supply on one candle.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Be pretty cool to make a million bucks being wrong. I ain’t bad at the guy

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
A fund playing this is not selling a market order for a $5/sh profit. There are lots of games that get played with hidden sellers, bid props, iceberg orders....but one thing I know for sure is Mudrick didnt just dump a bunch of supply on one candle.
Profit is profit.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The video is 5 minutes. I’d like to hear your feedback if you have time to watch it

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Holy shit, that guy is a bit much for me. I can't disagree with what he's saying though, lol
Try watching him at 1.5x speed 😂😂 I always speed up my videos because time is never on my side. They only good thing about my commute is I do nothing but learn about stocks and trading

Yarder

Substantial Member
Reaction score

I can't imagine that they wouldn't take that $5 a share profit for a cool $40 million + for hodling overnight...

KingofBeers

Reaction score
So do you think the price action the last few days is from retail FOMO? Or is it still squeezing, gamma or otherwise?
This is from people selling way out of the money calls getting ran over. There were no more stupid way out of the money strike calls introduce today. Does it gap up? Does it gap down? nobody really knows. That $72 blow off move was pretty powerful and then the volume dried up and has just drifted sideways. I dont hold anything like this overnight. I likely wont touch it unless I see a pretty clear confirmation that its done. And even then there may be easier plays that present themselves in the am.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I personally don’t think they would hold it any longer in fear it goes back down to 12. I personally think it’s exactly what happened

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
This is from people selling way out of the money calls getting ran over. There were no more stupid way out of the money strike calls introduce today. Does it gap up? Does it gap down? nobody really knows. That $72 blow off move was pretty powerful and then the volume dried up and has just drifted sideways. I dont hold anything like this overnight. I likely wont touch it unless I see a pretty clear confirmation that its done. And even then there may be easier plays that present themselves in the am.
But you think a hedge fund with millions out will hold it?

hallett21

Reaction score
I personally don’t think they would hold it any longer in fear it goes back down to 12. I personally think it’s exactly what happened

Back to 12 puts the shorts back in the money I bet. So holding it would let them hedge in case it keeps ripping up

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Back to 12 puts the shorts back in the money I bet. So holding it would let them hedge in case it keeps ripping up

Possible but my gut and all the channels I follow tell me different. We will find out for sure soon enough. I can’t wait

KingofBeers

Reaction score
But you think a hedge fund with millions out will hold it?
Yes. Given that they are a lot smarter than me and likely had a much better understanding of the options that were being sold and scooped up at ridiculous strike prices that day. Once way out of the money calls are in the money...there is almost 100% chance people are getting run over and there will be more way out of the money calls introduced to hedge those positions that are now underwater. Its just a vicious cycle.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Yes. Given that they are a lot smarter than me and likely had a much better understanding of the options that were being sold and scooped up at ridiculous strike prices that day. Once way out of the money calls are in the money...there is almost 100% chance people are getting run over and there will be more way out of the money calls introduced to hedge those positions that are now underwater. Its just a vicious cycle.
Well that’s kind of the basis for this whole movement. We are dumb money and they think they are smarter than us.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I did really well on AMC last week but missed the recent run. I bought some Late July AMC and BB Puts. I'm in CLOV now. I believe short % is over 35% and it's starting to move. Hoping that is the next big stock to move like AMC.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I did really well on AMC last week but missed the recent run. I bought some Late July AMC and BB Puts. I'm in CLOV now. I believe short % is over 35% and it's starting to move. Hoping that is the next big stock to move like AMC.
I’ve been down on clov for a long time now. Talked about it in this thread. I think chamath is a money making machine though so I’ve let it ride for a few months. Hopefully it runs.

hallett21

Reaction score
I have too much CLOV I need it to run lol

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I thought SoFi would tank with the merger, but momma was wrong again

KingofBeers

Reaction score
Well that’s kind of the basis for this whole movement. We are dumb money and they think they are smarter than us.
Just be aware that just as retail learned a lot about the whole GME saga, so did the market makers and firms that run the big funds. They simply have much more data at their disposal and can see how everybody is positioned. If there is one thing ive learned over the years its to keep my distance from shit like this.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Just be aware that just as retail learned a lot about the whole GME saga, so did the market makers and firms that run the big funds. They simply have much more data at their disposal and can see how everybody is positioned. If there is one thing ive learned over the years its to keep my distance from shit like this.
Stock moe mentions that a lot in his videos. At this point there is no reason to stay away. I’ve already profited and now it’s just exciting to watch. If it hits zero I’m still money ahead.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
For the record stock moe isn’t in on amc anymore either. He moved his money back into some ev plays. I’m willing to gamble it on this one. I said it months ago in this thread. Moon or zero