Not open for further replies.

JayBreww

Reaction score
But are they using dodge dash parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Just watching this unfold for curiosity, however I can't seem to remember how I was getting the updates, instagram, facebook?
Can you help out an old guy who has CRS (cant remember shit) and post a link

Thx

I am watching the presentations when they are posted on youtube. They do do them live on FB and IG.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
But are they using dodge dash parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will know for sure in a couple weeks when they throw a production dash in this car.

I will say the shifter assemblies were in this car and look bad ass.

RaceTec

Reaction score
There have been a ton of postings of the production parts, I am surprised that you guys aren't all over that too!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I keep thinking it’s closer than it is.. I want to sell my temp RZR, but not sure if we are there yet..

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Soooo... what’s the latest speculation? Picked up a 14’ trailer today. Old lady has a bug for a SXS. I’m leaning one of two directions... 1. Spend around 20k on a clean, well-maintained and built RZR... or Bite the bullet and put a deposit down on a base model El-jefe- 32k plus fees. Any shooting from the hip guesses on delivery if I order today? Or price increases if I wait? Does the base model have 32” tires? It appears all that I’ll need to add is a roof windshield and spare....

Im a month or two out on a purchase, but I would place the deposit soon if it makes a difference. Not in a huge hurry for the car itself, but don’t really want to wait a year or more.

As much as I’d like to spend 20 on a clean RZR, if the extra nut is worth it, I’m willing to wait on a superior car. And I’m not sure 20k buys a clean low mile RZR in this market. I want a car ill be happy with for many years. But don’t want to have to spend a bunch of money after purchase to get things dialed.

4Waters

Reaction score
Soooo... what’s the latest speculation? Picked up a 14’ trailer today. Old lady has a bug for a SXS. I’m leaning one of two directions... 1. Spend around 20k on a clean, well-maintained and built RZR... or Bite the bullet and put a deposit down on a base model El-jefe- 32k plus fees. Any shooting from the hip guesses on delivery if I order today? Or price increases if I wait? Does the base model have 32” tires? It appears all that I’ll need to add is a roof windshield and spare....

Im a month or two out on a purchase, but I would place the deposit soon if it makes a difference. Not in a huge hurry for the car itself, but don’t really want to wait a year or more.

As much as I’d like to spend 20 on a clean RZR, if the extra nut is worth it, I’m willing to wait on a superior car. And I’m not sure 20k buys a clean low mile RZR in this market. I want a car ill be happy with for many years. But don’t want to have to spend a bunch of money after purchase to get things dialed.
You'll have it by spring.........what year 🤷‍♂️, but You'll have it by spring🤣

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score

Let me know on what you want to spend , I dont have to sell mine but it just sets , 2018 can am 4 seat 40 hours , 400 miles ,sand tires/rock 14’ trailer 2018 + extras

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I’m looking for a clean 4 seater with all of the appropriate mods, and maintained with reasonable hours/ miles, for around 20k.

On the flip side, I’m thinking about a deposit on an El Jefe base with roof, windshield, and spare tire. Don’t really need the other stuff right away.

Either way, it’s going to be a cash transaction, and I have a 7x14 flatbed with removable ramp door and set of ramps- so should be able to fit whatever. Willing to travel throughout the SW for the right deal. I’m in PHX. Been talking to a couple of inmates about their rigs, but if anyone has a rig I might be interested in, let me know.

DLC

Reaction score
There are some nice cars out for sale but $20 k is in the low side.
Do you want a turbo ? Havasu turbo isn’t really needed. 4 seat is better in the bumps - longer wheelbase

If you are looking for used make sure to get one with radios - intercom and car to car, shocks/springs upgrades at a minimum

On the speed car I would guess they will hit the market in October

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I don’t need the turbo. If I were buying a new Polaris it would be a Turbo S 4. Total budget is 35ish, but for that coin I’d just get the speed car instead of used. I’m willing to entertain just about any RZR or MAV 4 seater, but it used it needs to be built right and well maintained, and not beat to death. From what I’ve seen, 20k will get me there. If I buy used, it needs to be fully built with maintenance records and SUPER clean. Not in a rush.

DLC

Reaction score
One of my buddies has his rzr for sale he has it listed for $24k 1000 rzr 4 2016 runs great! All done up cage, radios, shock work, seats etc

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I owe you that text, sorry that slipped my mind.

Unless you buy a place in line, you probably won’t get a car until 6-8 months after they debut. There are a few thousand cars that are bought, reserved, spoken for, whatever you want to call it. After the debut there will be markups at dealers for sure as well.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don’t need the turbo. If I were buying a new Polaris it would be a Turbo S 4. Total budget is 35ish, but for that coin I’d just get the speed car instead of used. I’m willing to entertain just about any RZR or MAV 4 seater, but it used it needs to be built right and well maintained, and not beat to death. From what I’ve seen, 20k will get me there. If I buy used, it needs to be fully built with maintenance records and SUPER clean. Not in a rush.

Well $20k will get you my RZR :)

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Well $20k will get you my RZR :)
Yours is at the top of my list. I’m not in a rush on a used rig- but if I’m going with a speed car I’d like to get my deposit in. Ideally- give me a Speed car- but that’s 15k more. Just want to see what else is out there, lol.

riverroyal

Reaction score

Order it now you might get it as a xmas present

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I’m looking for a clean 4 seater with all of the appropriate mods, and maintained with reasonable hours/ miles, for around 20k.

On the flip side, I’m thinking about a deposit on an El Jefe base with roof, windshield, and spare tire. Don’t really need the other stuff right away.

Either way, it’s going to be a cash transaction, and I have a 7x14 flatbed with removable ramp door and set of ramps- so should be able to fit whatever. Willing to travel throughout the SW for the right deal. I’m in PHX. Been talking to a couple of inmates about their rigs, but if anyone has a rig I might be interested in, let me know.
Will a speed car fit on a 7 by 14 trailer? Lots of folks have been saying they won’t fit in toy haulers.

DLC

Reaction score
I look at these listings

DLC

Reaction score
The width is 77
And the longest wheelbase is 120

Over all length is 161
4F41CB7D-19D3-4935-A25A-3EE097C4D824.png

Supercup

Reaction score
If you order a Speed car now - you are likely 2 years out from now with first releases still unknown but now are being projected for October 2021. They have 5,000 + deposits (per Speed) - just depends how fast they can ramp up building the cars - sourcing parts for a high end car in mass will not be easy. Price wise a new car for $32k today - by the time your order is up - prices may be up.

I saw Speed at 2019 Sand Show - liked it ,but was not willing to plunk down large deposit for a car they had not yet built. Bought a XP Pro 4 in 2020 figuring I could enjoy that for a few years and when the Speed is out - if it lives up to all the hype can get in line - by that time I will be ready for a new car! 1,000 miles of fun later - my vote is get a car now, go have fun - life is short - when the Speed is real - get you order in and move up.

GLWD

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Will a speed car fit on a 7 by 14 trailer? Lots of folks have been saying they won’t fit in toy haulers.
Trailer is 82 1/2 x 168 with ramp up. I could take ramp door off and use my aluminum ramps if I needed to overhang.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
If you order a Speed car now - you are likely 2 years out from now with first releases still unknown but now are being projected for October 2021. They have 5,000 + deposits (per Speed) - just depends how fast they can ramp up building the cars - sourcing parts for a high end car in mass will not be easy. Price wise a new car for $32k today - by the time your order is up - prices may be up.

I saw Speed at 2019 Sand Show - liked it ,but was not willing to plunk down large deposit for a car they had not yet built. Bought a XP Pro 4 in 2020 figuring I could enjoy that for a few years and when the Speed is out - if it lives up to all the hype can get in line - by that time I will be ready for a new car! 1,000 miles of fun later - my vote is get a car now, go have fun - life is short - when the Speed is real - get you order in and move up.

GLWD
Looked at the XP Pro 4. I love the car. But if I’m buying new, I want the 72” width. Hence the turbo 4 S. I could order now and get by end of summer. Would need a roof and windshield, plus probably shock tuning. But should hopefully be done after that? Idk. I don’t know a bunch about these SXS. If I need to start a new thread I can, or mods can move my posts. Just trying to get some info. Thanks to LOF and everyone else for the knowledge and opinions.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
At this point, if I get a speed car, I’ll use my flatbed, buy a 5th wheel, and tow doubles.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Spoke to the old lady. We are leaning el jefe base model. What are the must have mods?

Reactions: DWC

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

So much for the December 2020 deliveries that RG had promised last summer, lol. I had really given some serious thought about dropping a deposit on one but with all the shortages going on in the industry now you will likely not see Car #1 until 2022 at the earliest. Going to be a lot of pissed off folks that will miss Dune Season this fall. 😳

BRONCOBOY

Reaction score
I have not watched a single video on the Speed Cars, my question is where will these be produced and by whom? How well of a parts supply will he have? you wont be able to rely on the aftermarket because he will sue them if they try to improve or build parts for the car. This is a Hugh undertaking and a lot of hype but right now I see it as a limited production always evolving custom car (Unicorn). Kind of like owning a Jimco race car. I drive hard and tear shit up all the time, well I be able to buy parts from any of the parts suppliers we use now for our Polaris's or Can Am's?

Supercup

Reaction score
I have not watched a single video on the Speed Cars, my question is where will these be produced and by whom? How well of a parts supply will he have? you wont be able to rely on the aftermarket because he will sue them if they try to improve or build parts for the car. This is a Hugh undertaking and a lot of hype but right now I see it as a limited production always evolving custom car (Unicorn). Kind of like owning a Jimco race car. I drive hard and tear shit up all the time, well I be able to buy parts from any of the parts suppliers we use now for our Polaris's or Can Am's?

I heard Robby say early on that the Speed cars will be built in Atlanta by Textron - who makes the Wildcat (and which Robby was involved with) and at the same location they are also the largest mfg. of golf carts (Ez Go) - they have over a 1M sq.ft. production facility.

But the key point you have made again - is parts supply - first to make them and then to support them after you get them - last I heard they had signed up over 75 dealers across the Country (with more applications in) and for initial run of cars you can have your car delivered directly to you or to the dealer closest too you.

First assembly line built frames were completed last month and sent to Speed for inspection - they have asked for a number of mod's to upgrade some welds and how some things go together in an improved fashion. They are engineering as they go and bringing it to you weekly! If they deliver on their promises to date it will be a game changer - if they can deliver on dealer network and parts supply - they will put a big dent in Polaris and Can Am's sales - until they ramp up their game - all good for us the consumer (except the ever escalating costs!).

Key to their start was getting $15-$20 million in deposits - good way to get your R&D money for free - they learned from Tesla - now they have to deliver!

Supercup

Reaction score
Looked at the XP Pro 4. I love the car. But if I’m buying new, I want the 72” width. Hence the turbo 4 S. I could order now and get by end of summer. Would need a roof and windshield, plus probably shock tuning. But should hopefully be done after that? Idk. I don’t know a bunch about these SXS. If I need to start a new thread I can, or mods can move my posts. Just trying to get some info. Thanks to LOF and everyone else for the knowledge and opinions.

I went to buy a Turbo S4 - but ended up taking the XP Pro instead - better seats, more comfortable interior, longer wheelbase, stronger frame, larger fuel tank, fold down rear seats - overall just an improved platform - trade off was 66" over 72 - but the new platform suspension geometry is a step forward as well. With adding 15" Methods with 5/2 offset I am at 68" wide. Car is amazing - super stable - 3 buddies with Turbo S and they have nothing on me in any terrain - but I have a much more comfortable and flexible car. Would have preferred a 72" car - but have no regret getting an XP Pro. If they make the XP Pro "S" at 72" I would go that route for sure.

Turbo S is a great car as well - out of the box comes with most everything you "need" - you can add roof and upgraded springs (stock springs are crap) and be pretty much good to go. But you will soon learn once you get a SXS the things you "think" you need to add - it will be an endless list!

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I heard Robby say early on that the Speed cars will be built in Atlanta by Textron - who makes the Wildcat (and which Robby was involved with) and at the same location they are also the largest mfg. of golf carts (Ez Go) - they have over a 1M sq.ft. production facility.

But the key point you have made again - is parts supply - first to make them and then to support them after you get them - last I heard they had signed up over 75 dealers across the Country (with more applications in) and for initial run of cars you can have your car delivered directly to you or to the dealer closest too you.

First assembly line built frames were completed last month and sent to Speed for inspection - they have asked for a number of mod's to upgrade some welds and how some things go together in an improved fashion. They are engineering as they go and bringing it to you weekly! If they deliver on their promises to date it will be a game changer - if they can deliver on dealer network and parts supply - they will put a big dent in Polaris and Can Am's sales - until they ramp up their game - all good for us the consumer (except the ever escalating costs!).

Key to their start was getting $15-$20 million in deposits - good way to get your R&D money for free - they learned from Tesla - now they have to deliver!
They are being built by Hisun in Texas.

BRONCOBOY

Reaction score

So would the Lawsuit filed by TEXTRON, Wildcat have a impact on their relationship? Once again who is building these cars? Hisun?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Yea you will be able to buy parts. They are planning on making 12000+ cars per year. There are over 12000 on preorder now, so they basically have a 1 year backlog of cars. There is going to be a Speed dealer in Havasu, and one in OC, so I am not worried about parts long term. For the first 6 months, there probably wont be many parts aside from filters, belts and other consumables, as they are going to be fulfilling car orders, not stocking shelves.

It is not going to be an "always evolving" custom car. It is going to be a mass produced UTV. They will make adjustments every model year. At this price point it can't be a one off custom race car.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So would the Lawsuit filed by TEXTRON, Wildcat have a impact on their relationship? Once again who is building these cars? Hisun?

There is not really a relationship any longer. Hisun is building the SPEED cars in Texas. The SPEED car has 0 textron parts, Robby owns all the patents for the Textron geometry, etc. The Speed car is a ground up new car, except for the Dodge truck dash parts :)

Last edited:

BRONCOBOY

Reaction score
There is not really a relationship any longer. Hisun is building the SPEED cars in Texas. The SPEED car has 0 textron parts, Robby owns all the patents for the Textron geometry, etc. The Speed car is a ground up new car, except for the Dodge truck dash parts :)

Hopefully Robby keeps away from another lawsuit, He has a talent to swim with the sharks and then end up in court.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Hopefully Robby keeps away from another lawsuit, He has a talent to swim with the sharks and then end up in court.

I don’t know for sure but I believe there was a non-compete that has since expired. He claims to have more Speed cars presold than Wildcat XX cars sold to date.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I don’t know for sure but I believe there was a non-compete that has since expired. He claims to have more Speed cars presold than Wildcat XX cars sold to date.

Probably very true, Artic Cat dealer network is ATROCIOUS everywhere that isn't snowmobile country.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score

GLWD
Well... went to the dealer, mind set on a XP Turbo 4 S or speed car. After sitting in the cars back to back and actually using the ride command, Ended up ordering a XP 4 PRO sport. Will start another thread once I start ordering parts. 4-8 weeks until delivery, supposedly. Let the build begin. Thanks to everyone- especially LOF and Supercup- for all of the knowledge and advice. Will be quite the step up from our Yamaha Viking, lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well... went to the dealer, mind set on a XP Turbo 4 S or speed car. After sitting in the cars back to back and actually using the ride command, Ended up ordering a XP 4 PRO sport. Will start another thread once I start ordering parts. 4-8 weeks until delivery, supposedly. Let the build begin. Thanks to everyone- especially LOF and Supercup- for all of the knowledge and advice. Will be quite the step up from our Yamaha Viking, lol.

What dealer did you go to that you got to sit in a speed car? None of the dealers have them yet?

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
What dealer did you go to that you got to sit in a speed car? None of the dealers have them yet?
Never saw the speed car in person, not knowing delivery date made me nervous. Only compared the Polaris models, didn’t want a canned ham.

Edit: Also wanted a car I can easily fit in a toyhauler when we get another one in a year or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
Your going to love it!

Just being able to get out and ride is a great time! It really doesn’t matter what your driving, just get out and have fun.

Singleton

Reaction score
Yea you will be able to buy parts. They are planning on making 12000+ cars per year. There are over 12000 on preorder now, so they basically have a 1 year backlog of cars. There is going to be a Speed dealer in Havasu, and one in OC, so I am not worried about parts long term. For the first 6 months, there probably wont be many parts aside from filters, belts and other consumables, as they are going to be fulfilling car orders, not stocking shelves.

It is not going to be an "always evolving" custom car. It is going to be a mass produced UTV. They will make adjustments every model year. At this price point it can't be a one off custom race car.

I hope they pull that off, however I am a ‘black hat’ type of thinker. 12k units per year is an average of 45 cars a day (factoring in holidays and weekends). That number seems difficult to hit out of the gate. The factory is not that large based on the pics I have seen posted. And they can’t hire up until design is approved, so I am thinking 25 is a more realistic number after 3 months being up and running.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I've never even sat in an SXS. My son's in-laws have a Polaris that they love but have had to put in a bunch of 'upgrades' to make it good. I watched a few of the design presentations and put down my deposit for an RG El Jefe.

If the parts are there, I bet they can make 40 per day as Hisun is an experienced assembler. If there are parts holdups (which I expect) it's going to be a cluster.

My wife ordered a new Bronco. We have a bet on who will get theirs first.

Status
Not open for further replies.