WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Channel incidents- just wondering

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I was just breezing through this thread and was thinking wait, isn't this where Californians get blamed for something regarding traffic or street patterns, etc..... Summers officially open in Havasu and I'm giving all the River Rats a high five for zero deaths on the water last weekend! Hope the trend continues....

mobldj

Reaction score
how the fk do you not have boat insurance,on any boat...dcb or bayliner.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Really wouldn't matter. He expenses are gonna go WAY over any standard insurance policy.

GoFundMe says she's getting a lawyer...

Some people's kids.

Reactions: DWC

Water Romper

Reaction score

Ah-ha- so this is the gal that got pinned between a boat and the wall at the channel (mentioned earlier in this thread) Really hope she comes out ok, the picture sure looks painful.
A few side bars:
Boat driver/owner (?) and she did NOT have insurance (her maybe I get it but a boat owner?? No Insurance?? )
The boat driver apparently went to beach the boat in the channel pinning her against the wall. Ummm, wouldn't you LOOK to see if anyone was in front of you before sliding up on shore?-or- did she walk in front of the now committed boat that was "parking" on the beach thus walking in the path of an oncoming boat?
Very easy to second guess here, lots of shoulda. woulda stuff. Again, sorry she was injured. Be interesting to see how this plays out.
We'll just add it to the "Channel Incidents" page

JDKRXW

Reaction score
The boat driver apparently went to beach the boat in the channel pinning her against the wall. Ummm, wouldn't you LOOK to see if anyone was in front of you before sliding up on shore?-or- did she walk in front of the now committed boat that was "parking" on the beach thus walking in the path of an oncoming boat?

Was she ON the boat, not paying attention with legs hanging over the side?

PlanB

Reaction score
I was told by someone on scene that the driver accidentally put the boat in forward when she in front of the boat. He had been drinking but was under the legal limit so was not arrested.

asa400ex

Reaction score
I heard it was a rental boat that hit her. Maybe that is the reason for no insurance. I sure hope for a speedy recovery.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Oh Damn!!!... you can almost calculate the pitch
32EC18F1-9922-4BA8-882E-DC0E766CFD4F.jpeg

Same leg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So we have him to blame for the FUUUUUUCKED up twisty streets, no thoroughfares and no straight shots to anywhere in the city?! City layout drives me nuts!

Just like Disneyland..

Water Romper

Reaction score
I heard it was a rental boat that hit her. Maybe that is the reason for no insurance. I sure hope for a speedy recovery.
hmm, solid possible reason for "no insurance" ...an angle i didn't think about. As far as him "accidently" accelerating forward, adding the possible "rental" factor (inexperience/ unfamiliar boat) sounds like a perfect storm for an accident.

Javajoe

Reaction score
hmm, solid possible reason for "no insurance" ...an angle i didn't think about. As far as him "accidently" accelerating forward, adding the possible "rental" factor (inexperience/ unfamiliar boat) sounds like a perfect storm for an accident.
I find it hard to believe you can rent a boat with no insurance

Javajoe

Reaction score
I figure she would have some type of insurance to cover herself. Right?

Water Romper

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe you can rent a boat with no insurance
I've never rented a boat or PWC- can you buy a 1 day policy for the duration of the rental? Does a policy come with the rental agreement? When I rent a car, I show proof of insurance and have the option of buying an additional policy. I don't think the average auto insurance policy covers boat accidents does it?

riverroyal

Reaction score
What a bummer. Never know how fast shit happens

River Runnin

Reaction score
If it's a rental boat? they need to go after the owner(s) ! 😑

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I have heard about it.. really REALLY BAD IDEA..

I have idled through the channel many times at night at varying times from 10:00 pm to 4:00 am..

I can’t tell you how many times idling through I have seen kids (and I mean young kids) down there swimming and sometimes swimming through or across it..

WTF kids are doing out that late I have no idea, but I’ve seen it on two or three occasions.
Family trips as a kid, I remembered the grownups talking about skiing naked under the bridg. Fast forward to around 2000, we were at LBR celebrating some friends bachelo/bachelorette weekend. A buddy and I were doing shots at Kokomo’s about 11:30 and had the brilliant idea to take my boat for a cruise. We headed out of Thompson towards copper canyon, i got spooked because I couldn’t see shit in that direction so we headed back. Talking about how the old farts told stories of buzzing the bridge, a dare turned into we’re doing this! Bright yellow jet boat rooster high all the way through. We ran all the way around the island scared shitless at this point. Idled back through to LBR, pulled back in our slip and people were telling us we missed the boat that buzzed the bridge. So yeah, done it, but glad we didn’t eat shit anywhere along way and no one got hurt! Grown up and hindsight, pretty stupid, and pretty lucky for the outcome. Definitely not the only time “Crazy Like That” lived up to its name.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Havasu Traffic - when that signal at Havasu Riviera truly becomes functional, its going to be a real shit show. Those coming out of there and turning south towing a boat will be towing uphill. For now, the speed limit on 95 in that area is 55. That will likely be lowered. Add the Mulberry intersection into that area and you have a certified F... Up. Going to be interesting.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Well, fuck if that ain't part of the problem with our legal system. Perhaps "they" need to take some accountability for their actions, and folks need to stop trying to fix stupidity with lawsuits!

But hey, just my opinion here...
Guess I better go back and read! 🙂 .... Read gal was pin'd by pontoon in channel! ... lol didn't read she was part of the ... THEY! :D And agree!! -"they" need to take accountability for their actions!

What I'm saying is, a boat that is rented needs to be insured. If the renter fucks someone up, has an accident with another boat, or used for a crime!
...Who's responsible for letting someone rent/use their Boat??

Last edited:

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
They used to have ski shows at night under the bridge with the bare footers jumping off pontoons. Back in the 80's and early 90's it wasn't cool to hang in the channel.
I wish they would do that again!
CEA517DE-976D-44E5-8B78-9E354DED29C4.png

Channel would be packed end to end both sides. Closed no in or out during ski shows.
Awesome times

Nikwho

Reaction score
Guess I better go back and read! 🙂 .... Read gal was pin'd by pontoon in channel! ... lol didn't rear she was part of the ... THEY! :D And agree!! -"they" need to take accountability for their actions!

What I'm saying is, a boat that is rented needs to be insured. If the renter fucks someone up, has an accident with another boat, or used for a crime!
...Who's responsible for letting someone rent/use their Boat??
You are right! In today's world, someone had better be insured! I didn't mean to come off as attacking. I just get frustrated with all of the frivolous lawsuits, is all. Wasn't intending to lash out at you. I'm sorry for it coming off that way. 🙂

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
your not getting Anywhere in a hurry in that city! The traffic sucks azz, and it's getting worse by the minute.
[/QUOTE]
If you're already here, don't be in a hurry to get across town. Just enjoy your stay. There is traffic everywhere, we all have bigger fish to fry.....

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Welllllll, like my conquest. age of boat plus hp, only 1 company would touch with limited time of use and they wanted 8k a year. At 8000 a year I’ll take my chances
My vector, currently not insured, what company wants to insure a declared value of 100k+ on an 21ft 1989 boat. Working on it, more so for loss not accidents
Toon is insured no problem.
Sandrail , ca registered can’t get insurance if you have even a seatbelt ticket , uninsurable
Plus max pay out of 50k on a sandrail well over 150k into builds.
So in many cases it’s not worth it, until it is. Lol
Sand and water are an at risk sport. Lawsuits rarely work out for anyone.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
No law requiring health insurance for Arizona residents. Trump did away with that on a federal level and some states like California put the requirement and subsequent fines back in at a state level. Even with the fines more young people go uninsured than those with coverage since the annual fine on your state tax return is considerably less than the premiums. That way if you get hurt you and I pick up the tab anyway.

Thats a bad break, I am sure its day to day on if they are going to be able to keep the leg or not.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
If you accidently google : "An Internet classic: Lake Havasu party girls" you might find a not safe for work video that may have some possible footage on old VCR tape of what could be perhaps what you are looking for.

That website will have other scenes as well. Searching for: "Publicsluts - Lake Havasu" is another title that could show up and also not be safe for work.

But yu didn't hear it from me. Note at RDP there are no direct links to adult sites allowed.

Last edited:

WYRD

Reaction score
If you accidently google : "An Internet classic: Lake Havasu party girls" you might find a not safe for work video that may have some possible footage on old VCR tape of what could be perhaps what you are looking for.

That website will have other scenes as well. Searching for: "Publicsluts - Lake Havasu" is another title that could show up and also not be safe for work.

But yu didn't hear it from me. Note at RDP there are no direct links allowed.
For the time those were top fucking quality but now oh my God my eyes hurt

Nikwho

Reaction score
I just went on to her "gofundme" page to donate a few bucks and read the write up there. She does have health insurance, but it states that it won't cover enough. She was taken by ground ambulance to hospital in Havasu, then took a helicopter to Vegas (likely a level 1 trauma center, which is what she needed). That kind of helicopter ride is likely in the neighborhood of $30K, and I doubt that her insurance paid much, if any of that. I don't know her. I have only just read the little bit here, then the aforementioned gofundme page. Sucks. Some things are blatantly obvious to those that have spent much time around boats, but if everyone involved was a newb to boating, whatever happened may not have been as obvious to any of them, as it would be to any of the boaters here... Sounds like she's having a rough go of it!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
i have lived here ten + years and I still use maps to go anywhere other than something on the 95.. it’s fucking crazy
Yup, Kiowa, Acoma and Avalon always get me confused. On top of that let’s name every street in a 5 mile radius the same name but change it to drive, way, lane, court, street and circle.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yup, Kiowa, Acoma and Avalon always get me confused. On top of that let’s name every street in a 5 mile radius the same name but change it to drive, way, lane, court, street and circle.

absolutely correct.. lol