WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I hope they pull that off, however I am a ‘black hat’ type of thinker. 12k units per year is an average of 45 cars a day (factoring in holidays and weekends). That number seems difficult to hit out of the gate. The factory is not that large based on the pics I have seen posted. And they can’t hire up until design is approved, so I am thinking 25 is a more realistic number after 3 months being up and running.
so 2 years to fill current orders. MMMm tastey tastey beer

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I've never even sat in an SXS. My son's in-laws have a Polaris that they love but have had to put in a bunch of 'upgrades' to make it good. I watched a few of the design presentations and put down my deposit for an RG El Jefe.

If the parts are there, I bet they can make 40 per day as Hisun is an experienced assembler. If there are parts holdups (which I expect) it's going to be a cluster.

My wife ordered a new Bronco. We have a bet on who will get theirs first.
I was one of those "I'll never get a SxS" being that I have a nice Manx car. I finally got a ride in a CanAm and realized the capabilities of the SxS's exceeded my Manx for the trail riding we expected to be doing, especially since I built the manx with sand dunes and street in mind....nor did I want to beat the crap out of it.
So last winter we broke down and found a nice used Rzr xp4. No regrets at all.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I hope they pull that off, however I am a ‘black hat’ type of thinker. 12k units per year is an average of 45 cars a day (factoring in holidays and weekends). That number seems difficult to hit out of the gate. The factory is not that large based on the pics I have seen posted. And they can’t hire up until design is approved, so I am thinking 25 is a more realistic number after 3 months being up and running.

Hisun builds more units than anyone in the industry. They build all kinds of off highway stuff, at a variety of price points and specs. RG designed the cars, Hisun is building the cars to their specs.

I’m not saying the debut is gonna be all unicorns and high fives, but they may start at 20-25 per day for a couple months. If they do, whatever, it is what it is.

Like I said, I’m not expecting parts to be readily available for 6 months at least, so don’t go out and pancake your car off a dune the first week you have it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
so 2 years to fill current orders. MMMm tastey tastey beer

Cars will be delivered by years end. :)

And the assembly line preproduction cars are going to be tested in the worst possible conditions this summer. So we all win.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Where do you come up with this statistic because it’s not true at all, even if you saw it on a Robbie video?

I didn’t see it on a video, I did some basic research.

The world is actually bigger than the USA. They build a shit load of crap internationally, not just UTVs. If you want to talk UTVs only, yea Polaris is the market leader.

Hisun is acting as a manufacturing partner, they didn’t design the thing.

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score

The world is actually bigger than the USA. They build a shit load of crap internationally, not just UTVs. If you want to talk UTVs only, yea Polaris is the market leader.

I must admit, it's confusing when the " Hate, Avoid, Buy American, Fuck the Chinese " rhetoric that is shouted from the rooftops by most of those inclined to purchase these RG Speed Cars, turns to glowing embrace when RG decides to have them manufacture his Speed Car ya'll want.
So which is it ? Chinese good or Chinese bad ? Depends if they employee Chinese or Texans ?

It's a real shame there's apparently no American owned manufacturing companies able to provide this service.
Or could it be that the cars would cost more ?
Could it be that those who demean others for shopping at Walmart, think different when it's their wallet ?

🤷‍♂️

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score

Nice deflection and back peddle.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I must admit, it's confusing when the " Hate, Avoid, Buy American, Fuck the Chinese " rhetoric that is shouted from the rooftops by most of those inclined to purchase these RG Speed Cars, turns to glowing embrace when RG decides to have them manufacture his Speed Car ya'll want.
So which is it ? Chinese good or Chinese bad ? Depends if they employee Chinese or Texans ?

It's a real shame there's apparently no American owned manufacturing companies able to provide this service.
Or could it be that the cars would cost more ?
Could it be that those who demean others for shopping at Walmart, think different when it's their wallet ?

🤷‍♂️

The Raptor you drive is made in America with some overseas parts.

The Speed car is made in America with some overseas parts.

Both Speed and Ford are US based companies that use some foreign manufacturing partners.

Explain to me the difference?

American workers are assembling the car, ( I don’t know why you’d bring over a bunch of chinese nationals to work on an assembly line but maybe they did?) Americans designed the car. We are almost all driving SXS made by companies outside the US now assembled with foreign parts, so who cares?

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Where in the fuck do you see that I agree with that??? You are delusional.

No, you just can’t read apparently.

I said they make more off highway shit than anyone,

You took that to mean UTVs in the USA, which is only a subset of what they make internationally.

You backpedal by accusing me of backpedaling

I gave you an out to agree with me after restating what you didn’t comprehend the first time around.

And here we are... I guess if I’m delusional, yore illiterate in both sarcasm and the written word 😂

Taboma

Reaction score
The Raptor you drive is made in America with some overseas parts.

The Speed car is made in America with some overseas parts.

Both Speed and Ford are US based companies that use some foreign manufacturing partners.

Explain to me the difference?

American workers are assembling the car, ( I don’t know why you’d bring over a bunch of chinese nationals to work on an assembly line) Americans designed the car. We are almost all driving SXS made by companies outside the US now assembled with foreign parts, so who cares?

Nice spin, nice try. You'd get creamed in P&G 🤔 😂

Comparing American or Canadian owned ( Can -Am) companies to Hisun, really ?
Nope, those are American (except CannedHam) owned and operated manufacturing facilities that build vehicles that contains some components made in China or other foreign countries.

Hisun is clearly Chinese owned and that Chinese owned company is wisely manufacturing in the USA in order to avoid import taxes and gain political and consumer support, as if they really weren't Chinese.
Exactly what the Japanese and Koreans did and it obviously worked. Yet both those countries get called out whenever the conversation turns to " Buy American ".
From a personal perspective, I don't know in today's world how any of us could avoid buying much of anything that didn't contain foreign components if not 100% Chinese made.

Hell, my wife and I rub elbows with an international and extremely overweight demographic at Walmart simply because they stock things other stores do not. And Price !!
But I don't write posts bad mouthing Wallymart or those who shop there like so many of those who enjoy offroading seem to.

I made the post to make a point. So relax, I'd buy one today if I wanted one and I only bought Textron cuz I was mad at Polaris.
I bought my Ford because my ass likes the seats and a Raptor because I always wanted to be that old "Cool Guy", and especially since apparently "The Dirty Ole Man " gig is no longer vogue. :oops: 😂 That and my wife has a mean aim. :oops:

Why am I not reading any pushback directed at Robbie for choosing a Chinese manufacturing partner to build a vehicles that will be purchased and driven by a demographic that is generally extremely "Anti-Chinese" ? Is the real excuse, " Because all SxS contain Chinese parts " ?
Or is it because, Hey it's Robbie 👍👍👍

Why is this now OK ? Or am I just outside the loop and there's many who are pissy about it ? Where is this line in the sand ?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Nice spin, nice try. You'd get creamed in P&G 🤔 😂

Comparing American or Canadian owned ( Can -Am) companies to Hisun, really ?
Nope, those are American (except CannedHam) owned and operated manufacturing facilities that build vehicles that contains some components made in China or other foreign countries.

Hisun is clearly Chinese owned and that Chinese owned company is wisely manufacturing in the USA in order to avoid import taxes and gain political and consumer support, as if they really weren't Chinese.
Exactly what the Japanese and Koreans did and it obviously worked. Yet both those countries get called out whenever the conversation turns to " Buy American ".
From a personal perspective, I don't know in today's world how any of us could avoid buying much of anything that didn't contain foreign components if not 100% Chinese made.

Hell, my wife and I rub elbows with an international and extremely overweight demographic at Walmart simply because they stock things other stores do not. And Price !!
But I don't write posts bad mouthing Wallymart or those who shop there like so many of those who enjoy offroading seem to.

I made the post to make a point. So relax, I'd buy one today if I wanted one and I only bought Textron cuz I was mad at Polaris.
I bought my Ford because my ass likes the seats and a Raptor because I always wanted to be that old "Cool Guy", and especially since apparently "The Dirty Ole Man " gig is no longer vogue. :oops: 😂 That and my wife has a mean aim. :oops:

Why am I not reading any pushback directed at Robbie for choosing a Chinese manufacturing partner to build a vehicles that will be purchased and driven by a demographic that is generally extremely "Anti-Chinese" ? Is the real excuse, " Because all SxS contain Chinese parts " ?
Or is it because, Hey it's Robbie 👍👍👍

Why is this now OK ? Or am I just outside the loop and there's many who are pissy about it ? Where is this line in the sand ?

No I wouldn’t get creamed in P&G and it is not a spin at all. Here is why-

You are typing that response on a device made overseas by the lowest bidder and components were probably made by slave or near slave labor by “American” companies. So you tell me where people are supposed to draw the line?

If people actually cared, there would be a market for 100% USA made electronics. People want the lowest cost crap. Yea sure you’d buy an American made phone for $2k ...
Many talk the talk and then wear sweatshop made clothes, and post on the internet from near slave labor built devices.

To your specific point, where does that leave Toyota, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, etc? it’s the same situation. The “off-road” people grew up riding “foreign” bikes and quads. They have 0 room to talk.

Taboma

Reaction score
No I wouldn’t get creamed in P&G and it is not a spin at all. Here is why-

You are typing that response on a device made overseas by the lowest bidder and components were probably made by slave or near slave labor by “American” companies. So you tell me where people are supposed to draw the line?

If people actually cared, there would be a market for 100% USA made electronics. People want the lowest cost crap. Yea sure you’d buy an American made phone for $2k ...
Many talk the talk and then wear sweatshop made clothes, and post on the internet from near slave labor built devices.

To your specific point, where does that leave Toyota, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, etc? it’s the same situation. The “off-road” people grew up riding “foreign” bikes and quads. They have 0 room to talk.

I clearly understand the problem and futility of "Buy American" especially when we were performing government construction contracting for 20 years.

Zero room to talk, doesn't mean they don't and won't, hypocrisy, it's a real thing, I realize it and at times I'm guilty of it.

So the answer is --- No pushback directed at RG for his choice, because all off-roaders fully realize it's impossible to buy a SxS that's fully American made and based on their buying history, they have zero room to talk ? Is that correct ?

I'm asking you, not to berate you or the product, but you're involved and aware, you're watching his media and possibly his blogs, so I'm to understand his customers are all OK with this ?

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I'm asking you, not to berate you or the product, but you're involved and aware, you're watching his media and possibly his blogs, so I'm to understand his customers are all OK with this ?

I'm guessing so they have plenty of orders. I think politics is the furthest thing from the purchaser's minds when selecting a toy.

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm guessing so they have plenty of orders. I think politics is the furthest thing from the purchaser's minds when selecting a toy.

I'm old, I still recall during the 70's getting ribbed and ridiculed for ridding my " Jap Crap" Kawai 750 triple by the good ole boy Harley crowd.

I truly appreciate the compromises we're often forced to make and I certainly don't stand in judgement.

Best car we ever owned was a 90' Lexus LS my wife was driving. But at the time, the rumor was, if you lived or drove in the South East, you best be driving American. Of course the many if not most of the offspring of those good folks are now getting a pay check from some foreign owned company who's vehicles they're assembling near their hometown.

Thankfully as far as I know, we can still purchase boats manufactured by American owned companies, but our PWCs clearly sport Kawasaki and Yamaha brand names. Many larger boats and yachts made in Taiwan, this started a generation ago, but so far they've stayed out of the sports boat market.

I tend to believe the vast majority of offroading enthusiasts, would classify Hisun UTVs as " Chinese Junk" to be avoided so long as there were alternatives.
So yes, it does surprise me that RG would choose them as a manufacturing partner, despite his rationale that it's because they have the capacity and capability to mass produce his cars.
But, it appears I'm wrong, that his customer base understands and accepts his rationale and more than likely appreciate there's cost savings involved.

Taboma

Reaction score
Kinda arguing just to argue you aren’t you guys?

Arguing, who's arguing ? I'm agreeing with LOF in his defense of RG's choices.
I'm curious how receptive RG's customer base is to him choosing a Chinese owned company to manufacture his cars.
I'm not in the know, many of you are.
I think based on the political climate and with due consideration to the often anti-Chinese sentiment of the SxS purchasing demographics, it's a reasonable inquiry.

Orders would suggest it doesn't matter who's getting paid to manufacture his cars, if that's the case fine, I'm not inline to buy one and that wouldn't stop me. But I thought it might others, obviously I'm wrong, not arguing.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Arguing, who's arguing ? I'm agreeing with LOF in his defense of RG's choices.
I'm curious how receptive RG's customer base is to him choosing a Chinese owned company to manufacture his cars.
I'm not in the know, many of you are.
I think based on the political climate and with due consideration to the often anti-Chinese sentiment of the SxS purchasing demographics, it's a reasonable inquiry.

Orders would suggest it doesn't matter who's getting paid to manufacture his cars, if that's the case fine, I'm not inline to buy one and that wouldn't stop me. But I thought it might others, obviously I'm wrong, not arguing.

Yes..

bu lt I was kinda referring to everyone not you in particular

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I clearly understand the problem and futility of "Buy American" especially when we were performing government construction contracting for 20 years.

Zero room to talk, doesn't mean they don't and won't, hypocrisy, it's a real thing, I realize it and at times I'm guilty of it.

So the answer is --- No pushback directed at RG for his choice, because all off-roaders fully realize it's impossible to buy a SxS that's fully American made and based on their buying history, they have zero room to talk ? Is that correct ?

I’m going to answer in the form of a question. Why would they suddenly care when it comes to a Speed car? It is the same difference as the SXS they currently have or the off road quad/dirt bike they grew up with or currently have their kids on.

The prospect of buying a product that is possibly engineered better than anything in the industry today, is safer, better equipped, and was fully designed and developed in America by a company founded by a successful and decorated motorsports enthusiast/driver, vs buying a car from a giant multinational corporation that is trying to nickel and dime you to death on their products, while bean countering the things to death, and then having to spend thousands on day 2 modifications to get the features you want...

You tell me what you’d be more excited about and if you’d care who the assembly contractor was beyond knowing they were assembled in the USA?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm old, I still recall during the 70's getting ribbed and ridiculed for ridding my " Jap Crap" Kawai 750 triple by the good ole boy Harley crowd.

I truly appreciate the compromises we're often forced to make and I certainly don't stand in judgement.

Best car we ever owned was a 90' Lexus LS my wife was driving. But at the time, the rumor was, if you lived or drove in the South East, you best be driving American. Of course the many if not most of the offspring of those good folks are now getting a pay check from some foreign owned company who's vehicles they're assembling near their hometown.

Thankfully as far as I know, we can still purchase boats manufactured by American owned companies, but our PWCs clearly sport Kawasaki and Yamaha brand names. Many larger boats and yachts made in Taiwan, this started a generation ago, but so far they've stayed out of the sports boat market.

I tend to believe the vast majority of offroading enthusiasts, would classify Hisun UTVs as " Chinese Junk" to be avoided so long as there were alternatives.
So yes, it does surprise me that RG would choose them as a manufacturing partner, despite his rationale that it's because they have the capacity and capability to mass produce his cars.
But, it appears I'm wrong, that his customer base understands and accepts his rationale and more than likely appreciate there's cost savings involved.

To your point, the car is not a Hisun. It is being assembled by Hisun to Speed’s specifications.

Just because Hisun builds some items that are less than top tier, does not mean they are incapable of assembly and manufacturing to a higher specification at a higher price point with tighter QC standards.

But In truth, that really remains to be seen until we start getting these things delivered. So we will see.

Taboma

Reaction score
I’m going to answer in the form of a question. Why would they suddenly care when it comes to a Speed car? It is the same difference as the SXS they currently have or the off road quad/dirt bike they grew up with or currently have their kids on.

The prospect of buying a product that is possibly engineered better than anything in the industry today, is safer, better equipped, and was fully designed and developed in America by a company founded by a successful and decorated motorsports enthusiast/driver, vs buying a car from a giant multinational corporation that is trying to nickel and dime you to death on their products, while bean countering the things to death, and then having to spend thousands on day 2 modifications to get the features you want...

You tell me what you’d be more excited about and if you’d care who the assembly contractor was beyond knowing they were assembled in the USA?

On the basis of your response and your previous ones, it's obvious I'm either failing at properly communicating my point or you're tactfully avoiding it.

However, you're making great points, not a single argument from me, if I needed that level of one, I'd buy one for sure.

Have a good one 👍

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
On the basis of your response and your previous ones, it's obvious I'm either failing at properly communicating my point or you're tactfully avoiding it.

👍

To be honest. I can't figure out WTF yore point is.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

However, you're making great points, not a single argument from me, if I needed that level of one, I'd buy one for sure.

Have a good one 👍

Are you asking if people care that a China based company with a plant in the US is being used to assemble Speed UTVs in the US?

That is what I think you are asking, and I’ve stated what I believe are the answers to that question but to distill it down to a single word, I’d say the answer is NO.

Are you asking a different question?

Taboma

Reaction score
Are you asking if people care that a China based company with a plant in the US is being used to assemble Speed UTVs in the US?

That is what I think you are asking, and I’ve stated what I believe are the answers to that question but to distill it down to a single word, I’d say the answer is NO.

Are you asking a different question?

I honestly think I've beat the horse sufficiently and the point isn't really worth much more finger exercise.

But since you're being kind enough to indulge, I will certainly respond.

I know there's a certain demographic, a certain contingent of offroaders that are extremely passionate and vocal about purchasing American made products.
This isn't about me, or my personal rationales for what I purchase and how I base my purchases. This is about THEM, and I was simply curious, how much if any bitching, bickering, moaning and pushback there's been towards RG for making this business decision. I understand there's exceptions, there's limitations, but I'm not them.

From what I can garner from your responses, it sounds like everybody is onboard and realize it's a viable solution, so in this case, there's apparently no objections to this arrangement and the exception to use a Chinese company is agreeable.

Did I do better ? 😁

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I honestly think I've beat the horse sufficiently and the point isn't really worth much more finger exercise.

But since you're being kind enough to indulge, I will certainly respond.

I know there's a certain demographic, a certain contingent of offroaders that are extremely passionate and vocal about purchasing American made products.
This isn't about me, or my personal rationales for what I purchase and how I base my purchases. This is about THEM, and I was simply curious, how much if any bitching, bickering, moaning and pushback there's been towards RG for making this business decision. I understand there's exceptions, there's limitations, but I'm not them.

From what I can garner from your responses, it sounds like everybody is onboard and realize it's a viable solution, so in this case, there's apparently no objections to this arrangement and the exception to use a Chinese company is agreeable.

Did I do better ? 😁

RG has said he will hand build several of them a year in small numbers for $90k... so there is that.

Everyone realizes that to get this car down to a competitive price point it has to be mass produced. This car is not a 100% USA made custom car.

You can read through the pages and pages of this thread, and some people either heard wrong, or simply don’t know what’s going on
and assumed the entire car is made in China, which is not the case.

Last edited:

asa400ex

Reaction score
#1819 Here. I can't use it till Oct because its to dam HOT in Havasu. I am OK waiting.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
hahahhahahahaha

Its built by the Chinese, oh lord, you all got took hard lol

my ribs hurt, let the nuts swingers start talking about how great it is.

Taboma

Reaction score
hahahhahahahaha

Its built by the Chinese, oh lord, you all got took hard lol

my ribs hurt, let the nuts swingers start talking about how great it is.

That topic is Sooooo --- Yesterday actually 😁 It's built by Texans damnit, Chinese just write the checks 👍

riverroyal

Reaction score
#1819 Here. I can't use it till Oct because its to dam HOT in Havasu. I am OK waiting.
if they build 20 a day starting today thats 90 days. Not bad. Add weekends and logistics your closer to 120 days out if they only do 20....and start now. 4 months.

riverroyal

Reaction score
you will have tire number 7272, 7273, 7274, 7275.. Thats where shit gets tricky. There better be one huge warehouse full of tires today somewhere.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
That’s funny orange man is pacing the room it’s going to be a lot of finger exercise today

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The boys at Hisun have done a great job of knocking off the RZR.........how long till "El Round Eye" comes out?

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 5.01.03 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.