WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trailer ID Light Bars

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
My trailer ID light bar mysteriously broke in half so I need to replace it. I’m trying to find an LED light that has the 3 lights on with the running lights on and when I hit the brakes all the other lights light up. I can only find ones that are only 3 or all lights on or high and low brightness. Is there such an animal out there? And yes, I’ve checked eTrailer, Super Bright LEDs, eBay, and Amazon.

Taboma

Reaction score
My trailer ID light bar mysteriously broke in half so I need to replace it. I’m trying to find an LED light that has the 3 lights on with the running lights on and when I hit the brakes all the other lights light up. I can only find ones that are only 3 or all lights on or high and low brightness. Is there such an animal out there? And yes, I’ve checked eTrailer, Super Bright LEDs, eBay, and Amazon.

Just to be clear --- well first off, thanks for educating this ole coot --- I had no idea that 3 light bar I've replaced a 100 of, each requiring different hole spacing --- was called an ID bar. 👍

So you want one with three LED lights ( The norm), but also has either more LEDs or the dual LED singles that also act as a center brake light ? Never seen one, sounds cool though. Now I'll have to look.

Taboma

Reaction score
Had no idea they made these -- Cool. I read where they're multi-purpose design, any legal conflict if you also connect a trailer ID light ( ID, because I now know it denotes a trailer wider than 80" --- can't believe I'm this old and didn't know that !!!!!!!!!!!) to your brake lights circuit ? Good idea really.
Here's a Amazon page with a few different ones with similar function

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Shadow Trailers has them in Havasu and i will assume as well in their California location.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Looks like this multifunction one from Wallyworld will do what need. I’ll just not connect the wires for the turn signals.

Actually it’s $5 cheaper going to the source.

Last edited: