WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Genesis GV80

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Just test drove one of these last night, very impressive package. My wife fell in love with the interior, I'm still 50/50 on the steering wheel. Looks much better in person than it does in pictures but still a bit weird. The quality felt very much on par with german stuff, and a class above the Lexus and Acuras of the world.

Anyone on here have one?

1622732263361.png

1622732337840.png

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
I wanted to get my wife one badly but they weren't fully out yet and she wanted something a little bigger so we went with an Expedition. One of my neighbors works pretty high up in genesis and would bring a new one home almost every week before they were even available. I thought it was a great looking car and the price point on them is almost unbeatable for being a luxury car

Reactions: DWC

gqchris

Reaction score
Alot of the specs and tech remind me of my Explorer ST. But the fit and finish is way better in the Genesis. I hate that Ford shit the bed on the interior of my car. I already have a broken lower seat panel, center console door, and other little plastic pieces. So cheap but all the tech is the same. All warranty covered but finding the time to drop off and all that crap is what is irritating.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Alot of the specs and tech remind me of my Explorer ST. But the fit and finish is way better in the Genesis. I hate that Ford shit the bed on the interior of my car. I already have a broken lower seat panel, center console door, and other little plastic pieces. So cheap but all the tech is the same. All warranty covered but finding the time to drop off and all that crap is what is irritating.

Looked at the ST right after the genesis and my wife's comment was something to the effect of "these cars are the same price???"

Obviously hard to compare the 2.5T in the gensis to the ST drivetrain, but she doesn't care about that.

gqchris

Reaction score
Looked at the ST right after the genesis and my wife's comment was something to the effect of "these cars are the same price???"

Obviously hard to compare the 2.5T in the gensis to the ST drivetrain, but she doesn't care about that.
Yes I love the Genesis luxury touches. I do love the dual captains in the ST, but it looks like the Genesis will have it also with the VIP seating?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Yes I love the Genesis luxury touches. I do love the dual captains in the ST, but it looks like the Genesis will have it also with the VIP seating?

I don't know if the captains chairs makes sense in the GV80, the third row only comes in specific option packages and is virtually unusable for adults so easy access back there isn't very necessary.

Also, my wife said that middle seats are better for babys? This is going to be her mom car so I'll default to her on that stuff

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The Explorer Enthusiast ST sounds pretty cool, supposed to be out later this year.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don't know if the captains chairs makes sense in the GV80, the third row only comes in specific option packages and is virtually unusable for adults so easy access back there isn't very necessary.

Also, my wife said that middle seats are better for babys? This is going to be her mom car so I'll default to her on that stuff

Baby in the middle rear seat usually blocks more rear view and it is harder to get the kid in and out. Depending on the car, the baby seat usually more stable in one of the side seats, instead of the "hump" in the middle.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Baby in the middle rear seat usually blocks more rear view and it is harder to get the kid in and out. Depending on the car, the baby seat usually more stable in one of the side seats, instead of the "hump" in the middle.

I was told its safer in the middle? Makes sense to me if you take a side impact. Lifting a child into the middle seat sounds like a great way to throw your back out.

Taboma

Reaction score
GV80 2.5T, ummm nope, but the pics of the GV70 sure look great and with the 3.5T, sounds like one fun Sports Ute. Don't know about the diamond tuft
seats, haven't spent much time in one.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I was told its safer in the middle? Makes sense to me if you take a side impact. Lifting a child into the middle seat sounds like a great way to throw your back out.

Sure it is potentially safer in the middle, if the kid is properly in the seat and the seat is properly attached to the car. If the car seat is sliding around on a leather hump in the middle of the back seat, it is not any safer, probably even less safe. Putting a child into the middle seat in an SUV sucks. Start looking into cars and see how many people actually have a single car seat in the center position in back.. almost no one.

RodnJen

Reaction score
If I were looking at luxury SUV's, it would be on my short list. If you want to spend a little less, the Mazda CX-9 is a good car for the money.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Might have a deal made on this one, have an appointment on Saturday to potentially finalize

Despite the appointment, and deal that was discussed on this one, and a confirmation text that I sent this morning, we drove an hour over the to find that this one was sold yesterday.

I was under no pretenses that it was being held for me, but a heads up that it had sold before making the drive would have been nice. Now this puts me on a time crunch to find another one as we already had outside financing done.

Looks like the startup luxury brand is being betrayed by the cheap car dealer network it has built. Definitely didn't feel like I was going in to make a $60k purchase.

Blubyu

Reaction score
We wanted to get one of these, but ended up with the Tesla Performance Y.

They kept jacking us around on our order so we finally just pulled it and got our money back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
What is re-sell value ? Historically Hyundai re-sell values have not been good . They have stepped up their game though . It’s to predict on these new models .

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
What is re-sell value ? Historically Hyundai re-sell values have not been good . They have stepped up their game though . It’s to predict on these new models .

This model has only been out for about 6 months so hard to know. I don't buy cars with intent to sell them, so I don't really care about resale.

As a brand, Genesis is better than merc, BMW, and audi on depreciation based on some studies I have seen.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Any car, truck, SUV, boat or motorcycle that comes with diamond tuck upholstery is a non= starter for me, yes I hate it that much. That being said, other than the diamonds that is a nice looking car and Genesis is making a name for themselves. 👍

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Any car, truck, SUV, boat or motorcycle that comes with diamond tuck upholstery is a non= starter for me, yes I hate it that much. That being said, other than the diamonds that is a nice looking car and Genesis is making a name for themselves. 👍

Diamond stitch is only on the 70k plus premiere package, the one I am trying to get doesn't have it. There is one in Sacremento that we are now trying to get shipped

sirbob

Reaction score
This brand has come a long way in the last few years.

And the LA county Sheriff says that the reason Tiger wasn't hurt worse in his wreck is that the vehicle he was driving was incredibly safe... He was in a tournament loaner - GV80

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Update, the Sacramento dealer is willing to do the trade but the shipping cost is $900 more than the shipping from Corona.

I don't feel as though I am being unreasonable to say that I shouldn't have to eat that?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Update, the Sacramento dealer is willing to do the trade but the shipping cost is $900 more than the shipping from Corona.

I don't feel as though I am being unreasonable to say that I shouldn't have to eat that?

They likely won’t care if you take the deal or not the way vehicles are selling right now. It’ll be gone by Sunday whether they ship it or keep it.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
They likely won’t care if you take the deal or not the way vehicles are selling right now. It’ll be gone by Sunday whether they ship it or keep it.

Dealer ate some cost on shipping and was able to get my OTD number $200 less than the one I had a deposit on coming from Corona. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Dealer ate some cost on shipping and was able to get my OTD number $200 less than the one I had a deposit on coming from Corona. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Right on. Seems like they’re being fair to you and their own organization. Now they just need to execute on the action plan.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, now the Sacramento dealer won't play ball. So back to square zero on this whole thing.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Or lose a shoulder 😂 3 car seats in the back of my truck, talk about a nightmare.