WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So Mexico tourist spots are safe??...

Dettom

Reaction score

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
McDonalds!
Portuguese sausage McMuffin 👍
It’s a must any time I’m there!
Or the Portuguese bowl.
Not a MacD fan for the most part.
2 exceptions are donations to Ronald McDonald house and the Portuguese sausage on island 👍

Haupia pies are good as well. Never had one until friends came to town from Havasu and insisted we have one. LOL

baja-chris

Reaction score
You really taking your Avalon down there? Be sketchy towing that big wide boat on some of those narrow roads.

It's the same width as most trailers. I've been towing race and prerun trucks up and down the peninsula for a long time.
I pick my days and go slow when needed. There are a few turns that I treat as single lane.
I'll have a buddy in a truck ahead of me on the race radio to warn of oncoming trucks, busses, trailers.
The new highway south of San Felipe is a breeze so that gets you deep into Baja before narrow highways (less traffic there).
I'd like to take my DP down there one of these winters too.

Dalton

Reaction score
Mexico has more chances of gunfire, but Bali and Singapore have way higher chances of bombings these days. We have FBI Bomb Techs going over their to help local PD’s on post blast investigations on a monthly basis. Local Cops are being targeted, stay away from those dudes[emoji41]

The insurgency in Asia is generally under reported on. My old co worker married a Filipino girl and built a house in her hometown in the southern Philippines, that is another place that can be scary at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
The insurgency in Asia is generally under reported on. My old co worker married a Filipino girl and built a house in her hometown in the southern Philippines, that is another place that can be scary at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100%
They have so many assassination bombings in that region it’s crazy.
Bombing yachts, private jets, you name it
Even Police Motors in command fire

baja-chris

Reaction score
If you are a person who feels the need to be armed roaming around the USA or at their home in the US, then I can imagine the thought of going to a country that is more dangerous (real or perceived) than the US without being able to carry would be thought of as an insane risk. I've no issues with guns at all, but never felt the need to own one. To each their own. I have been in some sketchy parts of the world with armed guards at the hotel, tear gas in the air, and seriously unhappy people on the street.
Even third world shitholes have good areas and bad areas. Situational awareness and common sense can go a long way in making for a safe return. If you jump on a Jeepney after getting liquored up in a dive bar in Manila, make sure you know where its going!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If you are a person who feels the need to be armed roaming around the USA or at their home in the US, then I can imagine the thought of going to a country that is more dangerous (real or perceived) than the US without being able to carry would be thought of as an insane risk. I've no issues with guns at all, but never felt the need to own one. To each their own. I have been in some sketchy parts of the world with armed guards at the hotel, tear gas in the air, and seriously unhappy people on the street.
Even third world shitholes have good areas and bad areas. Situational awareness and common sense can go a long way in making for a safe return. If you jump on a Jeepney after getting liquored up in a dive bar in Manila, make sure you know where its going!
I have to agree with you on most of this. My view of Mexico is based on what I know. The areas I used to go to around TJ and Ensenada are pretty much hell holes now. Same can be said of some of the areas in SoCal I used to hang out in. I've never been to the areas some of you guys go to. They look beautiful, getting to them is the unknown to me. There are definitely places within the US that are as dangerous as some parts of Mexico...but I try to avoid those as well.

and then there's this.

I don't know if situational awareness helps with stray bullets. No cartels want to hurt tourists. They bring in money, which they get some of. Usually bad things happening to a US citizen are because they were in close proximity to a target, or in some cases, targeted by lower level jackasses...not much different than the crazies we have here.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Of the Kauai in August with family. Looks like we will be back to indonesia entering through Bali for our first business trip abraod in 18 months. November all will be open in most of Asia. Hit Singapore on the way back.
Just had dinner with friend dating a gal in Beijing for 5 years now.... she basically visits him for 6 mths per stay on visa, then returns to China and then rotates back to US etc.... They want to be married.... Covid trapped her in China and just when things were looking like she might be able to get back to US soon a new Covid strain appeared in China and now they've locked down again. Well, thank goodness for FaceTime ... these two freaks are getting real creative with phone sex.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
KM 59 is closed

Attachments

• Dan & Bill 2 In Baja 1.2021.jpg
    Dan & Bill 2 In Baja 1.2021.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 108

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Knowing what I know about Mexico, I will never go back there, ever. The intel photos we used to get of cartel victims, would make the Saw series look like Disney. Fk that place.
Go check out the YNC.com or even kaotic.com

.shit pops off EVERYWHERE. Even here. To each their own though lol

Flippindough

Reaction score
Just spent a week in Cabo. Hotel is walking distance to downtown. Was either in squid row, mango deck, ediths, the office etc every evening till past dark. Never felt unsafe. Lost count how many times I was propositioned for blow and hookers, some may call that a win? haha

boatnam2

Reaction score
Just spent a week in Cabo. Hotel is walking distance to downtown. Was either in squid row, mango deck, ediths, the office etc every evening till past dark. Never felt unsafe. Lost count how many times I was propositioned for blow and hookers, some may call that a win? haha
Had a spot at casa dorada next to the office, its only 20ft stumble to gate, so pretty safe lol.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Big difference is I can legally mitigate the threat in the US. Anywhere else, I’m screwed.

You can
but in a self-defense situation, a civilian like me may not be treated so kindly in any number of places in the US.

But yeah, it’d be worse in most other countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
100%
They have so many assassination bombings in that region it’s crazy.
Bombing yachts, private jets, you name it
Even Police Motors in command fire

Not to mention kidnappings-for-ransom, which is seldom reported on.

My buddy was a contractor whose team specialized in “executive kidnappings” for a few years in Latin America.

The stories he told were borderline unbelievable.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

My buddy was a contractor whose team specialized in “executive kidnappings” for a few years in Latin America.

As in protection from...or performance there of?
I'm sure both pay well. "The Hitman's Bodyguard" comes to mind :oops:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Thats a win baby.... Cabo style

LowRiver2

Reaction score

SIS: LAPD’s top surveillance squad, tails, captures Mexican Kidnap rings all the time in LA.
Their success equates to no one hearing about it.
Happens a lot.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Being safe in a Mexican resort and being safe in Mexico in general are 2 different things. I follow quite a few living in Mexico vloggers, one thing for sure, you don't keep your eyes open you will get your onion peeled for sure.

rivergames

Reaction score
I just went down to Bay of Los Angeles in Baja 2 weekends ago to go fishing. The day before I arrived, multiple cartel dudes got capped up by other cartel dudes in San Felipe. The Federalis we mobbing around in a few army Humvees to try and tame the situation.

Cartels are throwing down with other Cartels. There are a bunch of new Cartels coming to Baja from he main land of Mexico. Shit is ruthless down there.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I have a lot of friends who love going to Mexico, but I stopped going there because of incidents like this. This was in the middle of the day at a tourist beach. It used to be that you were safe if you stay in the touristy areas especially during the day, but it seems like things have changed. I don't think that tourists are targeted, but with hits taking place on a crowded beach there's a risk of being caught in the middle of something. Everyone makes their own choices, but I know that I would not have any fun on a Mexico trip because I would have a hard time relaxing. It's too bad because I've had some great trips to Mexico before.

FCT

Reaction score
SIS: LAPD’s top surveillance squad, tails, captures Mexican Kidnap rings all the time in LA.
Their success equates to no one hearing about it.
Happens a lot.
Kidnap victims here and takes them to Mexico?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Kidnap victims here and takes them to Mexico?

I imagine it’s extortion & prostitution type human trafficking locally. Like the shit you commonly saw on Backpage & Craigslist.

Reactions: FCT