WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skatter on Lower River

jetur

Reaction score
Came across a decent size skatter on the lower river. Twins with outdrives. My first thought is this guy has elephant balls.
IMG_20210612_123743724~2.jpg

Something broke on the skatter so we towed it in with our Harbor Frieght Yamaha. Just curious if the nice guy that owns the skatter is on here. We were dealing with current and getting him trailered without tearing up his boat so I didn't get the opportunity to ask what happened to the boat.
IMG_20210612_122018399.jpg

I know... It's a push rope.

jetur

Reaction score
Never seen a Skater before on the lower river. Did he not know the area?
Not sure if he's a regular or not. I definitely haven't seen that boat down there but he may run something smaller. There has been a ton of water lately on Saturdays, so we may start seeing bigger boats.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Not sure if he's a regular or not. I definitely haven't seen that boat down there but he may run something smaller. There has been a ton of water lately on Saturdays, so we may start seeing bigger boats.

When I was there last weekend I couldn’t believe how high it was. The gangway to my dock was going up rather than down. It was pretty wild how high it was.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Never good to see a boat broke down. Usually with twins, one can normally idle in on one motor. Hope he gets it up and running soon.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Crazy idea but hear me out...next time maybe ask him if he's on RDP or????? :). You know we all want to know what he broke :)

tx-19

Reaction score
Came across a decent size skatter on the lower river. Twins with outdrives. My first thought is this guy has elephant balls.
View attachment 1013189
Something broke on the skatter so we towed it in with our Harbor Frieght Yamaha. Just curious if the nice guy that owns the skatter is on here. We were dealing with current and getting him trailered without tearing up his boat so I didn't get the opportunity to ask what happened to the boat.
View attachment 1013190
Starter went out

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
When I was there last weekend I couldn’t believe how high it was. The gangway to my dock was going up rather than down. It was pretty wild how high it was.

It has been like that for over 6 months. We have never experienced the water this high for this long.

Definitely enjoying it for the past 3 days and for the next 7.

Wife: Where do you want to go for your birthday.
Me: Let’s go to the river.
Wife: We are there every other weekend.
Me: I know...it’s not enough.
Wife: If that is what you want, let’s go.
Me: It doesn‘t suck.
Wife: It definitely doesn’t suck.
Us: Day 3 today.
Me: I am dumb and let my neighbor make my cocktails today...again. Lol

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
It has been like that for over 6 months. We have never experienced the water this high for this long.

Definitely enjoying it for the past 3 days and for the next 7.

Wife: Where do you want to go for your birthday.
Me: Let’s go to the river.
Wife: We are there every other weekend.
Me: I know...it’s not enough.
Wife: If that is what you want, let’s go.
Me: It doesn‘t suck.
Wife: It definitely doesn’t suck.
Us: Day 3 today.
Me: I am dumb and let my neighbor make my cocktails today...again. Lol

Hahahahaha

You definitely have a sweet setup. I don’t blame her.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
View attachment 1013189
View attachment 1013190
Look at Port Drive...Its Fucked Cocked To the Left Hard by the Looks of it...???

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Is there a point to this? I’m totally out touch with a 30 plus foot twin prop boat on a small sallow river? What I’m I missing?

Last edited:

BingerFang

Reaction score
Is there a point to this? I’m totally out touch with a 30 plus foot twin prop boat on a small sallow river? What I’m I missing?

I heard the Skater was too small for Parker and him and his wife get beat up by the big boats so he decided to bring it down to Blythe instead. ;)

Honestly though it was so out of place when we were there I would like to know the same thing. Sure made for a good show at 9am before a 120 mile run.

The best part was it was running like shit on the trailer and he decided to launch it and head out to the river anyways….

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I saw it on the trailer in the lot prior to launch & really didn't think that much of it.
But I didn't realize how tight it is right at the ramp to turn something that big around.
All things considered, he did a pretty good job spinning it around . . . but it kept stalling.
I told the dude next to me, "I guarantee that thing will break down today and have to be towed back, I'll bet you a Beer".
I'm still waiting on my beer. LOL

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I saw it on the trailer in the lot prior to launch & really didn't think that much of it.
But I didn't realize how tight it is right at the ramp to turn something that big around.
All things considered, he did a pretty good job spinning it around . . . but it kept stalling.
I told the dude next to me, "I guarantee that thing will break down today and have to be towed back, I'll bet you a Beer".
I'm still waiting on my beer. LOL
One motor in reverse and the other in forward spin in own length….still not impressed….Use the boat as intended Catalina for lunch?

Tank

Reaction score
He gets that thing worked on at a buddies neighbors house in Ojai. Or maybe the mechanic brings the boats home to avoid keeping them outside of a shop or something? The mechanic has something to do with HTM. Has HTM stickers and phone numbers on his trucks. It's funky.

My thoughts on him running that thing in Blythe where you don't usually run big boats like that is maybe he was working bugs out and dropped it at the nearest body of water he could run it and test it. Just a thought.

hallett21

Reaction score
He gets that thing worked on at a buddies neighbors house in Ojai. Or maybe the mechanic brings the boats home to avoid keeping them outside of a shop or something? The mechanic has something to do with HTM. Has HTM stickers and phone numbers on his trucks. It's funky.

My thoughts on him running that thing in Blythe where you don't usually run big boats like that is maybe he was working bugs out and dropped it at the nearest body of water he could run it and test it. Just a thought.

Not many performance boats in Ojai lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score

That's why my buddy sent me the photo of it sitting on his street! LOL He knows I'm into boats and he's like, "what is this?" and "what is that?" anytime somethings sitting on his street. Think that Skater may be the nicest of what has been parked out there.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Wasn’t there a guy that was buying HTM’s polishing the turd then reselling? Maybe same guy.

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score

He was supposed to be doing the run with the group.

Hydroman55

Reaction score

Circle boat raced in the 70s at a lake just outside Ojai. Don’t recall the name but about the size of Puddingstone as I recall.

hallett21

Reaction score
Circle boat raced in the 70s at a lake just outside Ojai. Don’t recall the name but about the size of Puddingstone as I recall.

Casitas? I don’t think you can even swim there anymore

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Casitas? I don’t think you can even swim there anymore

Yes that’s it! I raced against Rocky in his GN boat first class team. (Rocky started Benihana Restaurants).
Would have been about 1977 …shit really dating myself now.

AHQVegas

Reaction score
Joe grew up down in that area, Saturday was the lower river outboards event so he was there for that . Not sure what happen to it but I can find out, But makes right around 900HP each motor N/A . Solid running boat normally, He works usually 6-7 12 hour days lately .

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That was me in the skater with Joe! Starter on the power steering motor went out, we could of idled in, but steering was sketchy at best. Thanks again for the help, we super appreciate it! Starter has been changed and we're ready to run again!
Welcome to RDP 👍
Glad it was a simple fix.

jetur

Reaction score
That was me in the skater with Joe! Starter on the power steering motor went out, we could of idled in, but steering was sketchy at best. Thanks again for the help, we super appreciate it! Starter has been changed and we're ready to run again!
Your welcome. I always pay it forward. Never know when it's my turn. Glad it was an easy fix.