WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need input...

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
DB,
Forget Ride Now, they are w huge rip off. Go to Northern AZ dealers for much better deals.

My dad and buddy both bought SXS’s from Four Seasons Powersports. Lowest prices in Az…1 Polaris General Limited in 2020 and 1 CanAm x3 Max in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kinda knew what I was going up against by even calling a ride now dealer, unfortunately they have been only place I have seen with a constant flow of inventory of the "trail boss" model. So, I gave it a shot. Complete joke!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Went to RideNow yesterday. Terrible experience. They don't have anything in stock and no one knows anything about what they can order. Good thing we had done our research ahead of time.

The sales guy was an idiot. After talking about what we ultimately wanted, he says "okay, we can do that. Are you ready to put down the $500 deposit?". I laughed at him and said, "you haven't even shown us what our final number is, I'm not giving you a dime until I know what the total is gonna be". It was like pulling teeth to get a final number down on paper. Who the eff buys something without knowing what the price is?!?!!! So anyway, he finally comes back 20 min later with the breakdown. We added a roof and stereo. Everything penciled out for the Polaris XP1000 Trail Boss with the extras we added (and install) and TTL. Then I see the dealer freight and dealer assembly bs. WTF is that?! I called him out on it and he said there was nothing he could/would do. Seems dumb to me. Dealer freight & assembly seems like their cost of doing business - why am I paying for it? Shit, at least at the car dealership they hide it in the sticker price 😆

Anyway, we told him that we're set with all the toys/vehicles we already have and aren't in a hurry. We were ready to buy yesterday, but the sales experience was just so crappy it didn't make us want to pull the trigger. The dealer ad ons aren't necessarily a deal breaker, but it soured an already sub-par experience to the point where I wasn't stoked to give them our money. Gonna reach out to another dealer (not RideNow) in town and see what they have to say.

I don't know why, but even after I said I wasn't gonna deal with them... I called back next day.

It pissed me off that the first sales guy never got back to me after he asked to start a txt conversation. I was waiting for his $7600 breakdown on fees. I made it clear with the second sales guy a day later that I wasn't playing games, if they wanted to make a sale they needed to disclose the fees in writing for me. Still never provided that, but the short version over the phone was $2100 for freight, $1950 for assembly, $2400 taxes and some other misc stuff including registration and tags. Tried to get him to take an offer to his manager and he straight up told me that his manager would not go for that. I said, we done... call me back when you need a sale and a new pair of shoes for your kids. By the way, freight is typically $900-$1100. Assembly can be done for a lot less too!

So, I'm watching inventory still and another day or two go by. They post another unit available in stock. I call and now talk to a third sales guy, he says it sold. I tried to confirm the vin # with him and he says, "I dunno man, we sold it tho". OK, thanks again for reminding me not to call you ass hats back ever again!

I'm trying to be patient, but I just don't know if I am going to wait for a "trail boss" model now. I can put A arms on a "premium" model and sacrifice having the EBS (electric brake system), ADS (active decent control) for less money. They are calling it a pre order and it basically sounds like they put you in line for a unit to be shipped to your dealer when it becomes available in 6 weeks. I have done business at AZ West in lake havasu previously and am confident that they will be fair with us. And since I am not really in a hurry the 6 weeks doesn't hurt.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We have had offroad toys previously and now have a Rubicon. We prefer that for offroading now. Just basically looking for a more powerful bar hopper and something that will launch the boat.

Zero desire for the RZR/Maverick type vehicle. Sorry, I'm one of those people that really, really dislikes them.
I 100% had the same attitude toward SxS's.......like, fuk that shit I got a bitchen offroad car, blah, blah.
As it turns out, we absolutely love that we did get one now. Their capabilities are amazing and will take you just about anywhere.....many spots I'd not even attempt to take the manx on. So even though you don't plan to use it for 4x4ing I predict you will, sooner or later.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
That price is crazy. If I have time next weekend I can ask at Parker Yamaha for you and Throttle. They can order or check what they have on order. Just time line is not for sure currently.

my curiosity is aroused, because the trail boss is limited. IF they knew they had access to the "trail boss edition" and were fair on fees, I would consider doing business with them. I will follow up with them this week just to make sure before I pull trigger.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
I would call Coyne in El Centro and tell them what you want and see what price they give you. They are a high volume dealer and most likely can beat anyone’s price. Plus warranty issues are somewhat close to home if you needed it.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I used both for launching wave runners, only problem with g-cart is a crappy ramp like echo lodge you have to get in a little deep and a wet belt wont allow cart to pull out ski. I pretty much used my rzr everything.

RJ65

Reaction score
Cochise Motorsports in Sierra Vista can smoke Ridenow price wise if you don’t mind the drive. Worth a call anyway.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cochise Motorsports in Sierra Vista can smoke Ridenow price wise if you don’t mind the drive. Worth a call anyway.

Thank you! I appreciate the tip. That's a little far for us from Phoenix.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would call Coyne in El Centro and tell them what you want and see what price they give you. They are a high volume dealer and most likely can beat anyone’s price. Plus warranty issues are somewhat close to home if you needed it.

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it! Unfortunately El Centro isn't very close to us in Phoenix.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know why, but even after I said I wasn't gonna deal with them... I called back next day.

It pissed me off that the first sales guy never got back to me after he asked to start a txt conversation. I was waiting for his $7600 breakdown on fees. I made it clear with the second sales guy a day later that I wasn't playing games, if they wanted to make a sale they needed to disclose the fees in writing for me. Still never provided that, but the short version over the phone was $2100 for freight, $1950 for assembly, $2400 taxes and some other misc stuff including registration and tags. Tried to get him to take an offer to his manager and he straight up told me that his manager would not go for that. I said, we done... call me back when you need a sale and a new pair of shoes for your kids. By the way, freight is typically $900-$1100. Assembly can be done for a lot less too!

So, I'm watching inventory still and another day or two go by. They post another unit available in stock. I call and now talk to a third sales guy, he says it sold. I tried to confirm the vin # with him and he says, "I dunno man, we sold it tho". OK, thanks again for reminding me not to call you ass hats back ever again!

I'm trying to be patient, but I just don't know if I am going to wait for a "trail boss" model now. I can put A arms on a "premium" model and sacrifice having the EBS (electric brake system), ADS (active decent control) for less money. They are calling it a pre order and it basically sounds like they put you in line for a unit to be shipped to your dealer when it becomes available in 6 weeks. I have done business at AZ West in lake havasu previously and am confident that they will be fair with us. And since I am not really in a hurry the 6 weeks doesn't hurt.

We've had two other dealers tell us that the Trail Boss was a limited edition and that it's not available to order anymore. Definitely different than what RideNow told us. I'm gonna call
When we purchased our RZR from Coyne, they met me in Yuma to transfer the title and complete the sale.

Well, dang! Looks like I'll be making a call then. Thank you!

NicPaus

Reaction score
I stopped by Parker Yamaha yesterday. Never seen it that empty. He said no to getting a trail boss the last 2 I saw sold before they arrived and were prepping them when I saw them.

Yamaha skis are now January if you are lucky. All presold. They had a 2020 super jet for 12k new on consignment that was it. Said Yamaha cut there orders from what they were supposed to get.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
20210731_092906.jpg

New toys are fun 😁 Just picked her up from Liberty Motorsports in Yuma.

Ranger XP 1000 in Ghost White, 3in lift, 30in tires, Fuel wheels

J&k beer can

Reaction score
nice........
now start the shopping..💰💰💰.
LRG in tempe.. lytle racing group for parts.. tell them jeffro sent you..