WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

another water question!

azsunfun

Reaction score
western states in aqua shortage, seems to me since states collect taxes on everything, why can't western states charge a tax on eastern states with great lakes shoreline on anything shipped from those states, call it stingy eastern water tax! or a pipeline to recharge the colorado would work!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sooo, charge tarrifs on products from the states with water....like beef, wheat, corn(ethanol in all the shitty gas) soy crops and such?

The western states will have the shits from all the fruits they produce, but won't be able to afford much else.

Tarrifs, or taxes, will be paid by the consumer in the end. The producers will have to raise their price to cover the increased costs. In the end, American producers would possibly export their crops to other countries...unless the fed came in and stopped them. Then you have the government controlling the production and distribution of food. That worked quite well for Stalin, not so much for those that disagreed with him.

azsunfun

Reaction score
Sooo, charge tarrifs on products from the states with water....like beef, wheat, corn(ethanol in all the shitty gas) soy crops and such?

The western states will have the shits from all the fruits they produce, but won't be able to afford much else.

Tarrifs, or taxes, will be paid by the consumer in the end. The producers will have to raise their price to cover the increased costs. In the end, American producers would possibly export their crops to other countries...unless the fed came in and stopped them. Then you have the government controlling the production and distribution of food. That worked quite well for Stalin, not so much for those that disagreed with him.
pretty simple folks, WATER SUPPLY, whats your high IQ come up with? its all double taxation that you talked about, of course no bussiness pays tax! 3% tax was cause for the revolution! what are you bending over and paying?

DLC

Reaction score
Just buy your water in the bottle and you'll be good! Plenty of water!

There is no more water and no less water on earth than when Jesus roamed the deserts!

ITS POUR MANAGEMENT BY OUT GOVERNMENT ! See what I did there….

azsunfun

Reaction score
Just buy your water in the bottle and you'll be good! Plenty of water!

There is no more water and no less water on earth than when Jesus roamed the deserts!

ITS POUR MANAGEMENT BY OUT GOVERNMENT ! See what I did there….
you are correct , just not everywhere that can use it:(

500bbc

Reaction score
Who actually believes politicians so crooked they are funneling 150 billion dollars into a slow speed rail project that will take fifty years to complete give a flying fuck about water in this state?

azsunfun

Reaction score
Who actually believes politicians so crooked they are funneling 150 billion dollars into a slow speed rail project that will take fifty years to complete give a flying fuck about water in this state?
but its not being funneled, comrade biden just handed them cash like iran.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So, what we are saying, is that people that choose to live in and over-populate a desert region, are entitled to the water other people live near? And if they won't share, it should cost them?

I live in a high desert area. I do not have a pretty lawn, I do not irrigate my property. I rely on my own well and equipment for water. If my neighbors have well issues, we have a pretty decent network of folks that can transport or supply water. If a neighbors well goes dry, the same neighbor doesn't start charging costs to those that could help.

Instead of punishing either those that have water, or those that need water, why not punish those that have squadered the funds intended to solve the problem? Instead of legislating an intended solution, why not eliminate those that legislated the problem?

azsunfun

Reaction score
So, what we are saying, is that people that choose to live in and over-populate a desert region, are entitled to the water other people live near? And if they won't share, it should cost them?

I live in a high desert area. I do not have a pretty lawn, I do not irrigate my property. I rely on my own well and equipment for water. If my neighbors have well issues, we have a pretty decent network of folks that can transport or supply water. If a neighbors well goes dry, the same neighbor doesn't start charging costs to those that could help.

Instead of punishing either those that have water, or those that need water, why not punish those that have squadered the funds intended to solve the problem? Instead of legislating an intended solution, why not eliminate those that legislated the problem?
but you cant blame the folks, you nailed on your last paragraph 👍

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Water - Power - Global Warming, errr Climate Change errr Climate Crisis, - Rising Oceans and all that other bullshit could be slowed, and/or solved with one thing.

Combination nuclear electric / ocean water desalination plant. Waste heat from electric generation could be directed for flash evaporation and potable water production. A couple of 3 or 4 plants on the west coast could provide all the power and water to sustain both northern and southern California. Decommission the MWD canal and transfer system and Lake(s) Powell, Mead, and Mohave would be at capacity within a few years.

The terrain isn't friendly for reverse transfer of water from the Coast to the Lakes for storage, at least not with the current pipe-canal system, but at least it'd keep the Colorado River water in the Colorado River. Not to mention scrapping the Owens project.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
My pool deserves to have water because its blue and blue lives matter. I bought in the desert because the weather kicks ass here. Don't like it move east. There's a whole country full of people who gave up on their dreams.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My pool deserves to have water because its blue and blue lives matter. I bought in the desert because the weather kicks ass here. Don't like it move east. There's a whole country full of people who gave up on their dreams.
Funny you should say that...the only thing my wife would really like here is a pool. F' me! I'd have to build a greenhouse for it for wintertime!
Trade off I guess. The pool was not a part of my dream...maybe in a few years!

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Funny you should say that...the only thing my wife would really like here is a pool. F' me! I'd have to build a greenhouse for it for wintertime!
Trade off I guess. The pool was not a part of my dream...maybe in a few years!

My comment was in jest but I know the struggle. Happy wife happy life my friend.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Yes sir! She's put up with me for 26 years...I should be digging that pool by hand!

As Bart Simpson says Didi mao! Lol. Hear ya on that one. Theres a big cart full of bullshit the stoutest f150 couldn't tow that's strung around my neck but for some reason she still loves me.... Let me know if ya need a hand I'll bring a shovel and beer.

azsunfun

Reaction score
With all due respect Sir, and I certainly don't know you, but I suspect most of us in the east and around the Great Lakes have different thoughts regarding your idea.
how did just a couple states make this pact?
idea of piping Great Lakes water to Nevada, Arizona, and other desert states in the region is not exactly intuitive, but it has been discussed for decades.

“The idea's been dismissed for as long as it's been pitched, with adamant opposition from Great Lakes states, whose representatives crafted a pact with Canada just to stop such a thing,” the Detroit Free Press reported.

The idea is back — and the foremost water policy leaders in the nation are discussing it, including Jay Famiglietti, the chief water scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California. He discussed the pipeline possibility in an interview with Ideastream this month, noting that global water supply challenges are an almost “unsolvable problem.”

RichL

Reaction score
how did just a couple states make this pact?
idea of piping Great Lakes water to Nevada, Arizona, and other desert states in the region is not exactly intuitive, but it has been discussed for decades.

“The idea's been dismissed for as long as it's been pitched, with adamant opposition from Great Lakes states, whose representatives crafted a pact with Canada just to stop such a thing,” the Detroit Free Press reported.

The idea is back — and the foremost water policy leaders in the nation are discussing it, including Jay Famiglietti, the chief water scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California. He discussed the pipeline possibility in an interview with Ideastream this month, noting that global water supply challenges are an almost “unsolvable problem.”
Just because the man brought up the idea doesn't make it a good idea or the right thing to do.

RichL

Reaction score
Yes sir! She's put up with me for 26 years...I should be digging that pool by hand!
This is making me laugh. Back in the 60's my grandfather did that in north Jersey. Partially for recreation but also as a water supply in case of fire. Fast forward to the early 80's and my dumb ass hand dug a basement under our small house that's on a hill next to the small lake we live on.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This is making me laugh. Back in the 60's my grandfather did that in north Jersey. Partially for recreation but also as a water supply in case of fire. Fast forward to the early 80's and my dumb ass hand dug a basement under our small house that's on a hill next to the small lake we live on.
Then you may be my go-to for that project 😂

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Building an aqueduct from the Columbia river to the existing norther CA aquaduct is only a few hundred miles. But as everyone knows, that would solve all the water issues for the west. Then the commies wouldn’t’ be able to play the world is ending game and charge us all an exorbitant amount for water. The libs never want to solve a problem, they only want to use it to gain power and money.