WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rudder Needed! 1 1/8 shaft

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Looking for a rudder for a 21RC 1 1/8 shaft, pm me what you have please. Thank you

sintax

Reaction score
What style are you looking for? Material?

Bob Bitchen

Reaction score
Call Brian Bergeron 480-834-1531
He's about the only game left in that business.

sintax

Reaction score
Call Brian Bergeron 480-834-1531
He's about the only game left in that business.

yup, thats what i've found too since Barber is out. I know theres a young kid getting started up in the CA Central valley named Nolte (NME Boats) whos building them also. He bought up what was left of Barbers stock as well. Hes only making wedge rudders though I think. He said he trained under Harold Kindsvater. I dont know much more than that though, he was cheaper than Bergeron, but i wasnt looking for a wedge.

so @Brokeboatin221 keep in mind rudder choice is crucial to handling, esp at speed.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
I’ve read and read and read and I’m pretty sure I don’t want a wedge because of what they’re best for which is exact opposite of my use. Looks like I’m going to drop it like it’s hot and spend some money..... pretty sure a trailing rudder is what I need and want

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
X3 Bergeron I just picked up one yesterday. The previous one rusted and dropped out while running on the Parker strip!!

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
I’m trying to process that last sentence...
It broke and I lost my steering had to get the most important part of a flatbottom out. The paddle. I was lucky I had just got out the throttle Could have been ugly

welldigger00

Reaction score
I’ve got a few used rudders, they’d need to be refinished. Pm me if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sintax

Reaction score
It broke and I lost my steering had to get the most important part of a flatbottom out. The paddle. I was lucky I had just got out the throttle Could have been ugly

how quickly does one have to paddle to keep the boat afloat with a 1" hole in the bottom of it and water shooting in?

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
The shaft stayed in place from what he told me. Otherwise that would have been really shitty

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
how quickly does one have to paddle to keep the boat afloat with a 1" hole in the bottom of it and water shooting in?
I have a collar up high on the shaft right by the cross
how quickly does one have to paddle to keep the boat afloat with a 1" hole in the bottom of it and water
[i have a collar up high on the shaft by the stabilizer to prevent that from happening Might want to check how tight it is when I put the new rudder in😃