WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

California is Open! No Masks Required

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Woke up this morning and went to Starbucks (I know, I know, but if I make coffee I drink it all and my heart gets crazy) half asleep I walked in with a mask and noticed everyone didn't have one on. The girls at the counter told me I was free to take it off.

Went to the gym, peaked through the window and saw people with masks on, but my wife told me not to worry about it. Once inside, noticed about half had masks (the dumb driven sheeple) and the rest were clean faced! So amazing to be able to get back to the gym and not suffocate.

It feels so nice! Heading to Best Buy and Kohls with the family. Attitude is positive and life is getting back to normal. Now if we can get a recount and get rid of the Biden/Kamala the world will be whole again.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Wife and I went to CVS this morning in Temecula without them.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My fear is that we're gonna have a large number of sheeple wearing masks for the rest of our (my....) lifetime. Some out of idiocy, some out of paranoia, a ton out of virtue signaling. Every 20-something that I ask "so your vaccinated but wearing a mask, why?" answers with "I just wear it as a respect thing". A respect thing?

We're gonna be looking at masked people for decades.....

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My fear is that we're gonna have a large number of sheeple wearing masks for the rest of our (my....) lifetime. Some out of idiocy, some out of paranoia, a ton out of virtue signaling. Every 20-something that I ask "so your vaccinated but wearing a mask, why?" answers with "I just wear it as a respect thing". A respect thing?

We're gonna be looking at masked people for decades.....

Good!
Easier to profile em!

Meaney77

Reaction score
The fear has been injected into the younger generation already. We see several teenagers riding, skating, walking or whatever down our street and a good majority of them all have masks on, I guess they are scared a little fresh air is going to get to them.

One day while white trashing it in the front yard, we asked a kid why he was wearing a mask ( he was skate boarding by himself) he ignored us until he got further away and yelled "my body my choice" at the top of his lungs and then took off as fast as he could.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, I will probably continue to wear a mask in certain places. Grocery stores, etc. Just because I dont want to be "that guy" where everyone else has one on and I dont. Which is kinda the only reason I wore it in the first place. I get it, it might make me a sheep but if someone needs to buy food and their thought process is "omg im scared i might get sick and die but I need to eat" who am I to barge in and be like "SUCK IT OLD PEOPLE I HAVE FREEDOM!"

braindead

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, I will probably continue to wear a mask in certain places. Grocery stores, etc. Just because I dont want to be "that guy" where everyone else has one on and I dont. Which is kinda the only reason I wore it in the first place. I get it, it might make me a sheep but if someone needs to buy food and their thought process is "omg im scared i might get sick and die but I need to eat" who am I to barge in and be like "SUCK IT OLD PEOPLE I HAVE FREEDOM!"

Fuck that, they have the feeedom to stay inside and have shit delivered!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I get it, it might make me a sheep but if someone needs to buy food and their thought process is "omg im scared i might get sick and die but I need to eat" who am I to barge in and be like "SUCK IT OLD PEOPLE I HAVE FREEDOM!"

Those are stupid people and stupid people no longer get to use that as an excuse as far as I’m concerned. We’ve coddled these people long enough. I’ve had to adjust everything I do to accommodate them.

No more. This guy is going everywhere without my mask. Somebody doesn’t like it then It’s there turn to adjust to me.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Have you heard of instacart....

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I haven’t worn one in many months...like forever.
Pretty sure I haven’t killed anyone...not lately anyway...

A9CDDE32-F04A-4374-A987-D081C5F25457.jpeg

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
No more. This guy is going everywhere without my mask. Somebody doesn’t like it then It’s there turn to adjust to me.

Do you see the job sites that you or your guys have to go on to deliver lifts not requiring to wear masks. We haven't heard anything from any of our GC's yet. 🤷‍♂️

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Do you see the job sites that you or your guys have to go on to deliver lifts not requiring to wear masks. We haven't heard anything from any of our GC's yet. 🤷‍♂️

There has been little to know mask pressure since really the vaccine came out.

I’m rarely on jobs anymore but spent the day in the field last week. First job I go on we walk into the GC trailer and he says “if you want to wear a mask you’re not welcomed on my job!” Lol

CalOsha is till requiring them so it’s still mandatory. I don’t see anyone pushing it though.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Those are stupid people and stupid people no longer get to use that as an excuse as far as I’m concerned. We’ve coddled these people long enough. I’ve had to adjust everything I do to accommodate them.

where does that fall in line with a businesses right to refuse service to anyone? if Albertsons or Target's policy is to wear masks, pretty sure you gotta do it to shop there right? You can sit there and pound sand all you want, or simply take your business elsewhere. However I'd imagine that MOST large businesses are going to keep the mask policy in place for quite some time because they dont want the responsibility/liability.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
where does that fall in line with a businesses right to refuse service to anyone? if Albertsons or Target's policy is to wear masks, pretty sure you gotta do it to shop there right? You can sit there and pound sand all you want, or simply take your business elsewhere. However I'd imagine that MOST large businesses are going to keep the mask policy in place for quite some time because they dont want the responsibility/liability.

Liability for what?
Honest question.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… very simple …if you go somewhere and they say mask required keep one in your pocket kind of a no-brainer???…Probably easier than driving miles out of ones way to find a store where masks are not required???.,,

Last edited:

HitIt

Reaction score
I am going to start taking pictures of people that are wearing masks and I am going to be super obvious about it. Should make for some good conversation.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Most big chain stores don’t say shit. At the beginning staters pushed back and I hit them with my medical condition prevents me from wearing a mask.

I’ve been to Lowe’s and target dozens of times for over a year. Never wore a mask and nobody said shit.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

You’re combining two separate issues. One being a state mandate (which no longer exists) and the other being whether or not a store continues to require mask wearing regardless of the state.

I’m 100% in support of stores going beyond the state mandate if they choose. That is their right. I’ll respect that position and shop elsewhere in those instances.

I’m just tired of the never ending non sense and the degree that people will allow it just to keep harmony. It started with 14 days to bend the curve, then one month to bend the curve, then masks will bend the curve, then vaccines will bend the curve, then it’s even if your vaccined you should still wear a mask.

Does anyone not see the insanity they’re subjecting us to all the while they’re out getting caught left and right not obeying the very guidelines they want us to comply with?

It’s the frog and boiling water effect. Throw a frog into boiling water and it immediately leaps out. Throw him in room temp water and slowly turn the water up and he’ll boil to death.

So no, I’m not conforming to this non sense any longer. I refuse to be controlled for their amusement.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
you think Home Depot gives a shit about your health? Their lawyers decided it not their goodness of their hearts.

I haven’t worn a mask in Home depot since last year.
What I’m asking is what are they going to be sued for?
There is no mask mandate, no law, no anything to compel any store of any size to continue a mask mandate for strictly legal reasons.
Keep in mind Home Depot (your example) has allowed pets inside the store all along and continues to now.
So does every grocery store.

Im not saying they can’t if they want to, I won’t go there but it’s their store so their choice/ my choice just as you said.
My question stands, where is the liability for not making customers wear masks?
There isn’t any that I can see.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You’re combining two separate issues. One being a state mandate (which no longer exists) and the other being whether or not a store continues to require mask wearing regardless of the state.

I’m 100% in support of stores going beyond the state mandate if they choose. That is their right. I’ll respect that position and shop elsewhere in those instances.

I’m just tired of the never ending non sense and the degree that people will allow it just to keep harmony. It started with 14 days to bend the curve, then one month to bend the curve, then masks will bend the curve, then vaccines will bend the curve, then it’s even if your vaccined you should still wear a mask.

Does anyone not see the insanity they’re subjecting us to all the while they’re out getting caught left and right not obeying the very guidelines they want us to comply with?

It’s the frog and boiling water effect. Throw a frog into boiling water and it immediately leaps out. Throw him in room temp water and slowly turn the water up and he’ll boil to death.

So no, I’m not conforming to this non sense any longer. I refuse to be controlled for their amusement.

E5ABB4C9-245D-40B7-8D18-29E8C3254ADD.gif

Singleton

Reaction score
About to walk into the dentist - they still require them. Time for a new dentist

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Keep in mind Home Depot (your example) has allowed pets inside the store all along and continues to now.

No Home Depot has a policy and sign on the door saying no dogs. Service animals only (which is a whole diff debate… hah) Again, if someone was bit in the store so they’re not liable. It’s just all the morons who can’t follow the rules and bring them in.

MSum661

Reaction score

Yes,
But I also saw the insanity by injecting messenger RNA into the bodies of millions and millions of unsuspecting and willing Americans.
By far the Craziest "New Normal" reset I've ever witnessed in my life.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
No Home Depot has a policy and sign on the door saying no dogs. Service animals only (which is a whole diff debate… hah) Again, if someone was bit in the store so they’re not liable. It’s just all the morons who can’t follow the rules and bring them in.

So you’re saying that they’ll just leave the mask sign up?

DWC

Reaction score
The fear has been injected into the younger generation already. We see several teenagers riding, skating, walking or whatever down our street and a good majority of them all have masks on, I guess they are scared a little fresh air is going to get to them.

One day while white trashing it in the front yard, we asked a kid why he was wearing a mask ( he was skate boarding by himself) he ignored us until he got further away and yelled "my body my choice" at the top of his lungs and then took off as fast as he could.
Passed a family a couple days ago. Mom walked by with no mask. 5 kids from teen to toddler with her all with masks heading to the pool. All outside.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

I see what you're saying and it's certainly your choice, but I don't think we should allow someone else's fears or feelings compel us to do anything that is beyond normal. They can feel free to wear masks themselves or do home grocery delivery if they are that concerned.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

Question: why would you mess with a kid riding his skate board, minding his own business just because he was wearing a mask?

Also he is correct.

Reactions: Rye

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I read an article (might have been posted on this site) that said some folks will keep wearing masks because they don’t want to be mistaken for Trump supporters [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

braindead

Reaction score
you think Home Depot gives a shit about your health? Their lawyers decided it not their goodness of their hearts.

wrong example! I’m in depot or Lowe’s at least 2-3 times a week, never wore a mask in either, EVER!

The one I was in today in Hawthorne had at least 6 to 7 different people not wearing masks, nobody said a thing

gqchris

Reaction score

I get what you're saying kinda, but why worry about what other people think of you? Especially if it is suffocating and unhealthy?

I feel like shit when I wear a mask more than 5 minutes. I can only assume its because I am breathing my own exhaust fumes.

gqchris

Reaction score
wrong example! I’m in depot or Lowe’s at least 2-3 times a week, never wore a mask in either, EVER!

The one I was in today in Hawthorne had at least 6 to 7 different people not wearing masks, nobody said a thing
I did no mask at Lowes this weekend in HB. Sheeple gave me virtue signal eyes but who gives a damn. Employees did not care one bit!

I bet the workers at the food places are rejoicing today! I cant imagine making a living making pizza next to the blazing hot ovens wearing a damn diaper!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
My wife and I traveled the South a few weeks ago, where there were very few if any mask mandates. I dont know how to say it any other way than saying but the white people predominantly did not wear masks while the majority of the black people did, small kids included. I just thought it was bizarre and I dont want to speculate on the why, even though some thoughts did run through my head.

D19

Reaction score
It will be funny to see how many people relieve themselves of their mask, because of some arbitrary date that their masters made up.

Seriously. I haven't been wearing one since this BS started 1+ yr ago unless I was forced too. I've been going to the gym w/o one. Nobody ever says anything. I get more praise for not wearing than I have grief.

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
All of the big box stores, Walmart, Target, Home Depot etc, removed the mask requirement once our state ended the mandate. KS

Reactions: DWC

Tank

Reaction score
My mother in law (hard core right winger) had lunch with her long time friend the other day and the friend says, through her mask, "we need to eat outside because of COVID". So, they sit outside. My MIL can't help herself and starts with, "so whats with the mask? You've been vax'd, why are you still worried?" her answer is, "the variants". So then my MIL is like, "so, you're basically never going to go with out a mask from now on?" answer, "I'll be wearing a mask in public the rest of my life" 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ Guess she shouldn't drive a car, take a walk, eat a cheese burger, or even leave her house....EVER. Fuckin people. :rolleyes:

Meaney77

Reaction score
Question: why would you mess with a kid riding his skate board, minding his own business just because he was wearing a mask?

Also he is correct.
We werent messing with him, just asked a question.

We did find it funny that he was more scared of being outside catching COVID with a mask on than staring at his phone while skateboarding down the street.

And you are correct- it is his body his choice just like its our body and our choice not to wear one, why isnt it acceptable to go both ways?