WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

You guys get another day off of work!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Juneteenth is now an official federal holiday! June 19th!

Reactions: Rye

c_land

Reaction score
Vin can’t wait for Juneteenth 2021

Loo Dog

Reaction score
It’s just another “tweener” holiday nobody will have off unless you’re a federal employee. If you’re happy about gov’t employees getting yet ANOTHER day off the rest of America doesn’t, good for you.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Hoping this brings some healing to those who’s families were indentured slaves in this country. However I feel it’s wrong for the Federal Government to grant themselves paid holidays while the majority of the people that this is intended to honor are not paid for this holiday. Is that racist in and of itself?

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I think it is important to take the time to teach the history of Emancipation Day, which is what we were taught the day was called. It commemorates exactly what the bloodiest conflict in US history was fought over.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Hoping this brings some healing to those who’s families were indentured slaves in this country. However I feel it’s wrong for the Federal Government to grant themselves paid holidays while the majority of the people that this is intended to honor are not paid for this holiday. Is that racist in an of itself?
Entitled?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
This will be another day on top of losing what amounts to about a week a year because of California's infrastructure and fire issues.

Sadly the lost revenue from missing another day of production and shipping, while having to cover payroll, will take a healthy chunk out of the bonus pool.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This will be another day on top of losing what amounts to about a week a year because of California's infrastructure and fire issues.

Sadly the lost revenue from missing another day of production and shipping, while having to cover payroll, will take a healthy chunk out of the bonus pool.

Must it be observed by everyone? This seems like it will fall under MLK, Presidents’ Day, Columbus Day, etc. Or is all your production and shipping related to the federal government?

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
hey "Don' t worry about the Government"

Some civil servants are just like my loved ones
They work so hard and they try to be strong
I'm a lucky guy to live in my building
They own the buildings to help them along

It's over there, it's over there
My building has every convenience
It's gonna make life easy for me
It's gonna be easy to get things done
I will relax along with my loved ones

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Must it be observed by everyone? This seems like it will fall under MLK, Presidents’ Day, Columbus Day, etc. Or is all your production and shipping related to the federal government?

We tend to offer X days a year of holidays and try to keep that consistent adding or taking a day away based on when holidays fall so people can take a long weekend vs say a wednesday off.

Most of our business is private and public industry, but we certainly have a chunk of government.

If the shipping companies observe it we lose the days revenue regardless of what we chose to do.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I think it is important to take the time to teach the history of Emancipation Day, which is what we were taught the day was called. It commemorates exactly what the bloodiest conflict in US history was fought over.
This isnt even that. Juneteeth is supposedly the day where the last enslaved black people were freed from a confederate state, which was in Galveston Texas. Essentially this would equate to VE day whereas Pearl Harbor Day would equate to Emancipation Day.

Icky

Reaction score
If our union recognizes it next year, it will be just another double time day the guys work.

SixD9R

Reaction score
It shouldn’t apply to anyone registered democrap since they were the party that wanted to keep slavery alive.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Well I’m shocked. SCE just sent an email out that in the future if you would like to take time off to celebrate Juneteenth. Use 1 of our floating holidays.
I would have put money on getting it off.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Geez guys........ Who cares what it is called, we just got another summer holiday weekend to ad to Memorial, The 4th, and Labor Day. They could call it Russian Independence Day for all I care, I just like having another holiday.

Then again..... I treat Cinco De Mayo as an American holiday. St Pattys too. But I do like to drink!

Anybody know Thailand’s Independence Day? I’ll celebrate it too, if I only knew the date!

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
June 19th is a Saturday. Hardly an extra day off. Hell, you can have June 20th off too!! LOL

Joker

Reaction score
Of course to satisfy blm they had to put it in before the 4th.🤬

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Juneteenth is now an official federal holiday! June 19th!
Yep, Republicans freeing of slaves. Thank you for reminding everyone how the right has always been in support of PoC.

Now, how about the democrats, who started the KKK?

You still cool with your roots to abject racism?

Thank you for being such a douche, that you litterally pee in your own face. In public view. Your dog must be proud.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score
I guess I'm not really understanding why so many of you have such a problem with a holiday that celebrates the ending of slavery when most of you have said you either don't get it off or won't be celebrating it? 🤷‍♂️

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I guess I'm not really understanding why so many of you have such a problem with a holiday that celebrates the ending of slavery when most of you have said you either don't get it off or won't be celebrating it? [emoji2369]
We don't understand why you didn't give Republicans the credit for ending slavery?

GRADS

Reaction score
We don't understand why you didn't give Republicans the credit for ending slavery?

Kudos to the Republicans of 1860. Not sure where the party took a wrong turn since then...oh wait yes I do, 2016.

Reactions: Rye

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Of course to satisfy blm they had to put it in before the 4th.🤬
There was BLM in 1865. :eek: J/K It’s the actual date from what I read. They didn’t make the date up.

Reaction score
June 19th is a Saturday. Hardly an extra day off.

but in 2023 it will be on a monday, so a 3 day weekend/holiday

RDP could be the only forum with members that complain about free beer and new holidays...

Last edited:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
June 19th is a Saturday. Hardly an extra day off. Hell, you can have June 20th off too!! LOL
We tried to get insurance for a job we are starting on Monday. Office was closed. We will start Tuesday.

GRADS

Reaction score
RDP could be the only forum with members that complain about free beer and new holidays...
giphy-5.gif

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Grads is like the kid in 5th grade dodge-ball that you saved till the end . . . You plucked-off the cool kids and girls at the feet to be nice, then you saved the Kook till the end and beaned him in the face in front of everyone watching on the sideline. 🤣 🤘 🇺🇸

stoker

Reaction score
Kudos to the Republicans of 1860. Not sure where the party took a wrong turn since then...oh wait yes I do, 2016.

I wish I was as dumb as you because life would be so much easier.