WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Father’s Day weekend trip!

Socalx09

Reaction score
Haven’t done one of these threads in awhile.

Of course it’s going to be freakin hot all weekend! It’s Father’s Day weekend and my dads health is iffy at best, so should be an fun trip. As many of you know, my love of havasu and boating comes from my dad.

hoping this isn’t the last Father’s Day trip as he started to take care of his health a bit. Already got a box of Romeo and Juliet cigars for him which will most likely be gone by Sunday.

We got a good group going this trip! And, one too many things planned. My mom is heading out tomorrow early morning to enjoy the pool. Then, my dad follows Thursday and my boyfriend and I head out Thursday night.

One friend group is expecting to bring 15 people, which their pontoon only holds 11. So I believe they are renting a second pontoon.

One of my moms friends is joining us for her first boat ride. She’s been to havasu many times, but never on a boat. My dad is picking up his friend and his wife at the springs Friday morning to take them around havasu for the first time.

So we have 3- possibly 4 boats this trip. Everyone reserved a slip at the marina to make things easier.

I’m hoping to boat early, head back to the pool for lunch and boat again later in the day. But, with this many people, I’m not sure how it’s going to play out. Also, have tentative plans to meet friends at steamboat cove. You know how plans go...

if you see us, say hi! I’ll be in a 22’ Howard offshore.

I’ll update this thread with pictures. Need to wash the trucks and place a giant order on Walmart to pick up the groceries since it’s too hot to do that!

Post your Father’s Day weekend pictures here as well! Happy Father’s Day to all of you!

7DDC2413-B234-44D4-A65A-999B9E51C578.jpeg

edit- decided to remove the personal note out since it hit too close to home once I reread it with everything going on.

Last edited:

69hondo

Reaction score
Mom and Dad took me at a few weeks old as well and I have done the same with my kids now. Happy fathers day to your dad and I will try to remember to add pics to this thread over the weekend.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Haha the 4 hours of sleep didn’t help with the heat.

It is running great thanks to your hard work! My dad is having a great time with it!

@namba860 well I spoke too soon lol. Thinking the shift cable failed. His throttle locked up going into the marina. Barely goes in forward and reverse. On throttle only- it goes all the way forward and backwards. I’ll call you Monday! All in all- still a great weekend!

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
I'm sure your father enjoyed the time with you. Hope he continues to stay healthy.

BUSTI

Reaction score
Looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing. It has been hot for sure.