WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rude People

just_floatin

Reaction score
I was sitting in Sacramento International Airport yesterday awaiting my flight back to Phoenix. What I observed was nothing short of ghetto fabulous. Women barely dressed in the latest hood rat wear including house slippers and yoga pants that leave nothing to the imagination. Cell phone conversations on speaker, foul language in proximity of children and the kicker is the flight attendant over emphasizing the need for a stress free non dramatic two hour flight with passengers verbally acknowledging “YES” before take off. Evidently there has been an uptick of conflicts on boarded airlines as of late with no accountability to the offenders. WTF is up with people and where is their self dignity? Clearly we are living in a WAP 🤡 world.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I was sitting in Sacramento International Airport yesterday awaiting my flight back to Phoenix. What I observed was nothing short of ghetto fabulous. Women barely dressed in the latest hood rat wear including house slippers and yoga pants that leave nothing to the imagination. Cell phone conversations on speaker, foul language in proximity of children and the kicker is the flight attendant over emphasizing the need for a stress free non dramatic two hour flight with passengers verbally acknowledging “YES” before take off. Evidently there has been an uptick of conflicts on boarded airlines as of late with no accountability to the offenders. WTF is up with people and where is their self dignity? Clearly we are living in a WAP [emoji1782] world.

Yeah but take your mask off and they’ll reign holy hell down upon you…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Badchoices03

Reaction score
My wife is pretty much anti-people, she always has been...its actually caused fights between us in the past, because although I don't really like huge crowds, I do enjoy hanging out with people and doing things in groups...but lately more and more, I find myself not wanting to be around anyone because people are assholes...younger generations have no respect, most parents let their little kids do whatever they want, etc...

TVMNick

Reaction score
I have definitely noticed a lot more confrontational people than ever in the past few months. I believe it falls in line with what some others have said, there are no repercussions for acting that way.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I think it’s the social media generation. They’re used to spouting-off like an online tough guy keyboard warrior.

Then they’re faced with real people and think they can act the same.
It will all change once they eat a fist…

To misquote Mike Tyson:
Every online tough guy thinks they’re the same in real life, until they get punched in the face.

Kel

Reaction score
Throw them in the pool to swim.what are u crying about? You want something to cry about?
Does anyone remember that?
Entitlement issues don't do any favors.
I'm the only girl of an only girl 3 times over.my mom and I are the. Youngest as well.
I learned right away .if u hit someone, your getting hit back.know that.

There's no respect or fear of God ...so to speak
I knew better than to mess around .Didnt you?

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Kel

Reaction score
And on that' note... I had to call my mom and say hi

Kel

Reaction score
Boating safety course
Can't say it enough.there are boaters and boat owners.the later are usually the ones who are problematic.
I've never ran over a line in the water with a flag up.,have u?

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The problem is that society has become so overly litigious that it has made it impossible to put the assholes in their place when they act up. Not too long ago those types didn't dare step over the line or they risked having their ass handed to them. These days they can get away with acting like instantly offended twat nuggets because if anyone attepmts to shut down their shitfit they sue, bomb social media, etc. Can't wait to get my island and tell everyone who isn't invited to fuck right off. 😁

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
I feel the same way you do. I often analyze situations and my behavior all the time. I've come to the realization that I was raised with good solid moral character traits, often thinking about others before myself. The rest of society seems to think about only themselves and no one else. It won't be long before I have the same idea as you and sell everything and live quietly off grid somewhere in the woods. The country is in a sad state of affair at the point!

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I have been pleasantly surprised here in West TN. This is our second summer here and have not met one asshole. Yes we are in a rural area. Everybody is just so damn nice.

Just yesterday I was in town. Talking with someone and this guy comes up and joins in the conversation. Just bs'ing. Subject turn to my electrical project and I explain I have to get these trees trimmed back for them to run power. Can't get anyone out here for awhile because everyone is booked due to storms that came through.

This guy that had walked up said where do you live. I told and he live just down the road. Anyway he says I can trim them back for you, lets go look. We head to my place and I show him. He goes home and comes back with a big ladder. I am thinking that the ladder still isn't big enough. This guy goes up the ladder with a chainsaw hanging off a rope. Then climbs the other 10 ft to get to the branches. Cuts off what is needed and climbs back down. I am amazed that this older guy could do it. He is 66. Anyway, I say what do I owe you. He says do you have a beer? LOL hell yes. Sat there and had a few beers with him. All kinds of stories out of him. He pointed to some poison sumac that is off to the side and says I have a bunch of that I need to have pushed into a pile, so I can burn it one night. He says I am allergic to it, so I need a tractor to move it. Well I have a tractor and will be going over today to help him. Yes I discussed the burning of the sumac and he said he is going to do it at night when there isn't any wind. Point of the story was he helped me out without wanting anything in return.

Water Romper

Reaction score
I have been pleasantly surprised here in West TN. This is our second summer here and have not met one asshole. Yes we are in a rural area. Everybody is just so damn nice.

Just yesterday I was in town. Talking with someone and this guy comes up and joins in the conversation. Just bs'ing. Subject turn to my electrical project and I explain I have to get these trees trimmed back for them to run power. Can't get anyone out here for awhile because everyone is booked due to storms that came through.

This guy that had walked up said where do you live. I told and he live just down the road. Anyway he says I can trim them back for you, lets go look. We head to my place and I show him. He goes home and comes back with a big ladder. I am thinking that the ladder still isn't big enough. This guy goes up the ladder with a chainsaw hanging off a rope. Then climbs the other 10 ft to get to the branches. Cuts off what is needed and climbs back down. I am amazed that this older guy could do it. He is 66. Anyway, I say what do I owe you. He says do you have a beer? LOL hell yes. Sat there and had a few beers with him. All kinds of stories out of him. He pointed to some poison sumac that is off to the side and says I have a bunch of that I need to have pushed into a pile, so I can burn it one night. He says I am allergic to it, so I need a tractor to move it. Well I have a tractor and will be going over today to help him. Yes I discussed the burning of the sumac and he said he is going to do it at night when there isn't any wind. Point of the story was he helped me out without wanting anything in return.
Neighbors helping neighbors-what a concept. I notice the key to the story- He's 66, wouldn't catch some dirt bag with his pants down to his ass helping. Heck the punk would be asking for a hand out. Nothing like "Home Town USA- Good for you!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think people are becoming more disrespectful for sure. Last evening a dude was knocked out at Windsor launch. He stopped breathing and had to get cpr. Another man who looked to be is hs 60's(?) was sitting holding his bleeding head. we were told it was over cutting in line to load their boats. We were told that a girl punched one of them.....sad world. Almost killed a man. Oh ya, and someone had a gun!

This happened in Havasu?? Like Windsor Havasu?? Wtf?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The problem is that society has become so overly litigious that it has made it impossible to put the assholes in their place when they act up. Not too long ago those types didn't dare step over the line or they risked having their ass handed to them. These days they can get away with acting like instantly offended twat nuggets because if anyone attepmts to shut down their shitfit they sue, bomb social media, etc. Can't wait to get my island and tell everyone who isn't invited to fuck right off. 😁

let me know if ya want partners on that.. you stick to your side though unless invited over for dinner. 🤪🤪

pkbullet

Reaction score
The overwhelming majority of people I have met on our lake have been friendly and courteous. The surrounding properties to our ranch every person we’ve encountered has been extremely helpful and friendly. I think small towns still instill the type of values much of the country is missing. We spend as much time as possible in these places since most cities are full of self absorbed idiots. Side note, most these properties fly the American or TX flag. With the exception being a Trump flag.