WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

“Do I get a discount for being black?”

azsunfun

Reaction score
a restraunt is charging a tax on all white customers, do the same. whats really funny when i was running a audio shop, dude walked in, didn't speak a lick of english. white as my irish white ass, was from deep south mexico!

77charger

Reaction score
We use to have a half black guy work for but he wanted to be treated more like white and act it unless he can play the black card. Yeh cried about my dukes of hazard sticker cause it had a confederate flag. I confronted him he said he just asked boss if I was a fan. Bullshit boss is my best friend said he complained.

but funniest was when he asked for mlk day off boss said you claim and want to act white he says well it’s a black holiday do I get it off. Boss replies well your half white half black so I will let you have half the day off.Ended that fast and funny to watch it go down.

Tank

Reaction score
Reminds me of that SNL skit a while back where everyone treated the black people overly friendly, even when they did something rude. Wanted to buy their coffee, etc etc. I can't find the skit to save my life (probably banned now for not being woke). Pretty funny skit.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Blazing Saddles

The new sheriff is near............
1625087735604.png
1625087793795.png

Taboma

Reaction score
You should have acted offended,
"You just assume I'm in charge because of the color of my skin?"

I had my moment a few weeks ago when I called Verizon to upgrade our data to unlimited after we got dinged for the first time.

The account is in my wife Patricia's name, because mine had forever been with AT&T on my work account. But she was busy, so I decided to call.

Verizon lady hearing my voice asked " Is this Patricia ?" , I said "Yes", not attempting in any way to disguise my voice. She got real quiet for a moment, then repeated the question ---- wrong move on her part, I immediately responded with " You're not assuming my gender are you ? " It was all I could do not to start breaking out laughing, she got so quiet, then very meekly replied " Oh no, of course not, I apologize if I offended you" --- I swear by now I'm damn near on the floor, pissing myself. My wife was in her office and had overheard me, by now she's got her head out her office door laughing her ass off at my comment.
Funny thing was, now this gal is acting like my best buddy, she was amazingly helpful, working to get me every discount she could muster, we laughed, shot the shit for a bit, but me never revealing I wasn't Patricia. 😂 I still get a chuckle just imagining what she was imagining. 😁

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I had my moment a few weeks ago when I called Verizon to upgrade our data to unlimited after we got dinged for the first time.

The account is in my wife Patricia's name, because mine had forever been with AT&T on my work account. But she was busy, so I decided to call.

Verizon lady hearing my voice asked " Is this Patricia ?" , I said "Yes", not attempting in any way to disguise my voice. She got real quiet for a moment, then repeated the question ---- wrong move on her part, I immediately responded with " You're not assuming my gender are you ? " It was all I could do not to start breaking out laughing, she got so quiet, then very meekly replied " Oh no, of course not, I apologize if I offended you" --- I swear by now I'm damn near on the floor, pissing myself. My wife was in her office and had overheard me, by now she's got her head out her office door laughing her ass off at my comment.
Funny thing was, now this gal is acting like my best buddy, she was amazingly helpful, working to get me every discount she could muster, we laughed, shot the shit for a bit, but me never revealing I wasn't Patricia. 😂 I still get a chuckle just imagining what she was imagining. 😁
😂 😂

You should have said "Oh, you can call me Patty"😁

Taboma

Reaction score
😂 😂

Thought it was " Pat ", I remember that from SNL, so does my wife --- you can call her Patty, but you best never ever call her Pat :oops: 😁

The odd part, was how this gal was suddenly treating me like I was her BFF. 🤔 I immediately thought of it while watching the Eddie Murphy SNL skit vid.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

😂 😂

Didn’t SNL do a skit about “Pat” 😂

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Thought it was " Pat ", I remember that from SNL, so does my wife --- you can call her Patty, but you best never ever call her Pat :oops: 😁

The odd part, was how this gal was suddenly treating me like I was her BFF. 🤔 I immediately thought of it while watching the Eddie Murphy SNL skit vid.
beat me to it.😝

rrrr

Reaction score

For an old fucker you're adapting to the new world quite well. 😁

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

You know you are “Pat” from now on...right?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

My wife is Patricia goes by Pat and I call for her all the time and nobody ever questions me about it.

Taboma

Reaction score
My wife is Patricia goes by Pat and I call for her all the time and nobody ever questions me about it.

Mine hasn't liked it since a kid I'm told, long before SNL. One of her older sisters uses Pat, always has apparently, so gets a pass.

Taboma

Reaction score
For an old fucker you're adapting to the new world quite well. 😁

Talk about hip ole dude and me adapting --- the call was initiated to boost our data plan, because this hip old fart had bought him a new kick-ass smart phone. 😁

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Talk about hip ole dude and me adapting --- the call was initiated to boost our data plan, because this hip old fart had bought him a new kick-ass smart phone. 😁

No!!!!

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
When I worked at a hotel in college, I had a similar aversion to people asking for a senior discount. Just because you haven't died yet I'm supposed to charge you less?

BingerFang

Reaction score
When I worked at a hotel in college, I had a similar aversion to people asking for a senior discount. Just because you haven't died yet I'm supposed to charge you less?

Now that’s funny! Lmao

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Put another way:
“Do you make white people pay a premium?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Taboma

Reaction score

Your parents must have been so proud of their little baby. You treat Vets that make this amazing life you lead even possible with the same lack of respect ?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Your parents must have been so proud of their little baby. You treat Vets that make this amazing life you lead even possible with the same lack of respect ?

Where did I disrespect people? I find it disrespectful to be so entitled just because of age that people demand discounts and berate the kid working the front desk when we don't have one.

Being respectful of people is reciprocal.

Vet discounts are earned by the sacrifice that they laid out for our country, a discount for being old is an unearned entitlement.

Taboma

Reaction score
Where did I disrespect people? I find it disrespectful to be so entitled just because of age that people demand discounts and berate the kid working the front desk when we don't have one.

Vet discounts are earned by the sacrifice that they laid out for our country, a discount for being old is an unearned entitlement.

Different times, different upbringing I suppose. I was taught to respect our elders, to address them as Sir and Ma'am, I still do regardless of their age, until I'm given a reason not to.
When and if your attitude allows you to reach maturity, you will discover that many many places offer as a show of respect for us of retirement age, senior discounts.
Rarely will I ever ask, just not my nature, but I'm always gracious and thankful when a respectful younger person at the counter, offers or just applies a discount.

So with consideration to the vast number of businesses, including hotels, that do offer senior discounts, I don't think them asking is out of line at all.
I do however definitely feel you were and before I left, you'd have known exactly how I felt about your ill advised, smart-ass comment.

Taboma

Reaction score
He said nothing about veterans.....

Oh I see, so you think is arrogant ignorance and general lack of respect was only limited to seniors, but not seniors that might have been vets ?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

It’s offered because of fixed income reasons, among other things.