WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ez up or ?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I am looking for an ez up or something like it. Who makes good one not cheap walmart crap? looking for a 10x10.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I've got the cheap wal-mart one for the river as its if not when a storm takes it out. I have this one from costco for the around the house and at the MX track. Its definitely much more sturdy and higher quality than the cheap stuff out there

Eurmax 10' x 10' Instant Canopy with Sidewalls | Costco

Last edited:

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
The Tommy Bahama umbrella is where it’s at in my program right now. Easy setup / move and they are great in the wind.

Adding a 2nd stepped the whole game up 👌

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Keep in mind, typically the more expensive ones have the crossbars in the center. I have 4 of them and they suck at the river. If you angle them at all everyone is smacking their head on the center bars. If your plan is to use for something else besides the river, you can pick up the commercial ones at Sam's or Costco. They are pretty heavy too, so something else to think about.

For the water go with the cheaper ones but get the straight leg instead of the slant leg. Gives you extra shade. I look at them as disposable now days being they are pretty cheap.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I am going to get the EZ up. I am going to put it over my spa for shade and it helps keep it cooler during the summer.

KenJoeBob

Drunk Member
Reaction score
Try impact canopies USA out of Corona. They have a lot of different colors also.

KenJoeBob

Drunk Member
Reaction score
They have aluminum, I just picked one up today. They have about five or six different frame types there .

outboard_256

Reaction score
I have had bad luck with ez-up brand. I have killed 4 of them in light winds. Been having better luck with the cheapy brands.

bonesfab

Reaction score
I have a heavy duty aluminum frame EZ up brand and it's been great so far. No issues with the wind. They also make them with flaps at the peak to let the wind out.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I use the Walmart ones for 35 bucks. They last about 5 years for me and then replace. I’m on my second one in 6 years

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I've gone cheap... Pretty much been leaving them in the closest dumpster after a few uses

They're disposable ..

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I use the Walmart ones for 35 bucks. They last about 5 years for me and then replace. I’m on my second one in 6 years
My walmart one didn't last 2 weeks, that's why I am looking. Have an ez up on the way. 25% off this week.

nowski

Reaction score
These guy's have the right idea: I saw this EZ Up in Steamboat last week, looked pretty cool under there...

Ez Up.jpg

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I have had the same Ezup frame for 10 years and its still in great shape...I have replaced the fabric a couple of times, every time was free, I just grabbed the fabric off frames that were crumpled by the wind and were going to be thrown in the trash..

77charger

Reaction score
Longest lastin i had was a big5 version.It finally went whena dust devil picked it up.But like said they are all throw away and any little wind lifts them or breaks them and seems its always windy.In boat i switched to umbrellas way easier

77charger

Reaction score
I have had the same Ezup frame for 10 years and its still in great shape...I have replaced the fabric a couple of times, every time was free, I just grabbed the fabric off frames that were crumpled by the wind and were going to be thrown in the trash..
I have fixed a couple ez ups with parts from trashed ez ups tossed by dumpsters.Sometimes i just had a bent or broken bar grab a good one cut it to size if needed and drill new hole and install.5 min deal.

calkid

Reaction score
Just go to the EZUP showroom off of Second and the 15 in Corona/Norco. You can see all of their models and sizes first hand. If they don't have one set up that you want to see they'll set one up for you. Some of their products are "entry level" to be competitive with cheaper manufacturers but they have high end, very sturdy products as well. It's hard to compare products by looking at a picture on a box.

nowski

Reaction score
A friend of mine wants to get into selling the circular rings that float ezups…. I told him I thought it was a waste of time.

Someone is already out there selling them I just don't think there for everyone. It was a novel idea to stay cool...

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I have fixed a couple ez ups with parts from trashed ez ups tossed by dumpsters.Sometimes i just had a bent or broken bar grab a good one cut it to size if needed and drill new hole and install.5 min deal.
I love this thought process, this is the mindset that has seemed to dwindle over the years. Now with everything being designed to be throwaway and built cheap, its good seeing something being fixed by being resourceful. That was the way or father's and grandfather's thought, the idea of disposable and not rebuildable wasn't common in the 40s 50s 60s

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Professional grade EZup, the best way to go! They last forever with some regular maintenance. I don’t like lugging these things around but it helps extend the day sometimes.

25% off now with code, “fireworks” [emoji12]

IMG_8756.jpg

IMG_7502.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77charger

Reaction score
I love this thought process, this is the mindset that has seemed to dwindle over the years. Now with everything being designed to be throwaway and built cheap, its good seeing something being fixed by being resourceful. That was the way or father's and grandfather's thought, the idea of disposable and not rebuildable wasn't common in the 40s 50s 60s

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
My dad and uncles were raised to fix their shit in the 60s as teens.Most ez ups break a pole or two theres hundreds of poles to get a replacement and thrown away.So what a grey is mixed with white the damn thing pops up and holds for 5 min of parts.
Like your thought too

DanG

Reaction score
The Tommy Bahama umbrella is where it’s at in my program right now. Easy setup / move and they are great in the wind.

Adding a 2nd stepped the whole game up 👌

This right here...I have three of them. After bending, breaking, multiple canopy's in one season, I thought I would give them a try, especially great for when it is just the wife and I. Purchased one at Costco and tried it out. Went back the next weekend and purchase another, etc. I even put one in the foot area on our seadoo when we take it out. All around, so much easier than a canopy. Screw in the ground and they even flex in the wind.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
@DanG purchased mine at Costco too 👌

My favorite feature is how it can be tilted with the touch of a button. When it’s just the lady and I, the second one doubles as a shore spike and a cool place for the pup to rest.