WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Highways, byways and waterways of America - Summer '21

sirbob

Reaction score
58A2FE12-F3C6-43D8-8B85-B90158D8AA10.jpeg
AD36258F-09A2-4EB8-887C-0E7611905200.jpeg

sirbob

Reaction score
USA Olympic training center at the site of the old Lake Placid Olympics.

sirbob

Reaction score

9F0D86EC-6576-47F2-8A25-CC5B88D1D189.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'm only getting bits and pieces with the majority of videos not showing....but the pics that are showing are great.
Jan has been asking if your kids are with you since she is seeing their instagram posts. Figured you were meeting them in Nu Yahk😉😂😊

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Love the way you did that drive and definitely looks like the Lincoln is a comfy ride. You're correct the only way to "feel" the country is back roads off the super highways. I like others can't see most of the videos but still digging your share and happy trips going so well!

Following along....

sirbob

Reaction score
I'm only getting bits and pieces with the majority of videos not showing....but the pics that are showing are great.
Jan has been asking if your kids are with you since she is seeing their instagram posts. Figured you were meeting them in Nu Yahk😉😂😊

Yes the Kids are in Newport RI and are flying what I call “Cape Fear” airlines here in the morning - Cape Air - haha

Here is a pic of one of times we’ve been here before - my daughter helped 😊
788DC50F-54C0-49E2-966F-A68D3006BB91.jpeg
09DCC8FA-8CEF-4546-B93B-FD953CE3AB1B.jpeg
D4D33608-377C-46F6-AF45-3828EDFB7AE4.jpeg

sirbob

Reaction score
Love the way you did that drive and definitely looks like the Lincoln is a comfy ride. You're correct the only way to "feel" the country is back roads off the super highways. I like others can't see most of the videos but still digging your share and happy trips going so well!

Following along....

The Lincoln is really working perfectly. The load is perfect and I haven’t hit anything it hasn’t handled well.

And it’s comfortable AF.

I’ll try to post more pics - 😊😊😊

clarence

Reaction score
What do people think of your boat back East?

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Looks like a sweet setting and I know I'm missing out on some great vids.... see if RDP can't convert them for ya on return to Havazoo
…I am able to watch them on my iPhone 11 but it takes quite a while for them to load… sometimes there’s a whole lotta buffering going on when they do play???…Dunno???…

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
…I am able to watch them on my iPhone 11 but it takes quite a while for them to load… sometimes there’s a whole lotta buffering going on when they do play???…Dunno???…
We've had plenty of threads on RDP as to that issue..... I only use laptop so my eyes don't get too worked on smaller cell screens.

Hammer

Reaction score
Great Thread SirBob!!! Just read through it. I know what I’ll be doing in my office tomorrow (watching your videos) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thank you for this Awesome thread.

I think covid and the lock down have put a lot of people in a abnormal frame of mind, and this thread is doing wonders to get me back on the right track!

Thanks for the reminder about what getting out of town should Really be like.

You're absolutely doing it right. 👍

Can you give us the story on this camp you're staying at? Are you renting it? Does your family own it? Would love to hear how you came about this place!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Our video hosting on rdp sucks.. I wish I had a better direct option but one doesn’t exist.

I am gonna teach Sirbob how to direct upload to YouTube and link it. None the less it is one of the draw backs of forums vs social media. :(

It's funny how some show fine, and some don't, even in the same post!

Screenshot_20210630-114412_Edge.jpg

sirbob

Reaction score
Thank you for this Awesome thread.

I think covid and the lock down have put a lot of people in a abnormal frame of mind, and this thread is doing wonders to get me back on the right track!

Thanks for the reminder about what getting out of town should Really be like.

You're absolutely doing it right. 👍

Can you give us the story on this camp you're staying at? Are you renting it? Does your family own it? Would love to hear how you came about this place!

An old friends family has been coming since the 1880s, when they built a camp here. They are from NYC. The camp I’m staying i
was bought by his mother’s side of the family in the 1940s.

There is a full time care taker family that lives on site and they keep the camp looking fresh every year.

Lots of old traditions here that have been going on for generations.

I was lucky enough to get invited here one year about 25-30 years ago. And every few years we (now that I’m older with fam!) get invited back - my kids have grown up coming here with his family.

Another note - I have an uncle that has a camp (much more modest) on this lake also. He is an environmentalist that writes and publishes books on hiking etc. in the area.

9B3932C0-7F5D-4FC3-9346-2F11B82BC86F.jpeg
42140B43-D789-414F-A192-DFFDBAD705C3.jpeg

RodnJen

Reaction score
Thank you. It is nice to see how others enjoy this boating life.

Taboma

Reaction score
I thought these upstate NY lakes were the depository for all the classic wooden boats ? They must all be hiding in those boat garages, amazed at the lack of any other boats in your pics.

Sure is beautiful !!!!!!!!!

Tank

Reaction score
JIM!!! How the fuck did I miss this thread so far!? Awesome documentation man. It was so great meeting you in LOTO. We had such a great time hanging with you. I'm so sorry there wasn't room on the boats for a run :( I was trying my hardest to get you on the Tiger.

Boat looks great on the water, the cabin and property looks amazing. You're family looks fantastic. GREAT thread man. Thanks for sharing everything. Kelly and I really look forward to seeing you again and hanging out a little longer next time and get you on the Cig.

Keep the updates coming and have safe travels brother!!

sirbob

Reaction score
I thought these upstate NY lakes were the depository for all the classic wooden boats ? They must all be hiding in those boat garages, amazed at the lack of any other boats in your pics.

Sure is beautiful !!!!!!!!!

It’s a rainy day today but I’ll get some wood boat pics up - the 4th has a great wood boat parade we will be at for sure.

And yes, those boat houses are filled with wood boats!

JIM!!! How the fuck did I miss this thread so far!? Awesome documentation man. It was so great meeting you in LOTO. We had such a great time hanging with you. I'm so sorry there wasn't room on the boats for a run :( I was trying my hardest to get you on the Tiger.

Boat looks great on the water, the cabin and property looks amazing. You're family looks fantastic. GREAT thread man. Thanks for sharing everything. Kelly and I really look forward to seeing you again and hanging out a little longer next time and get you on the Cig.

Keep the updates coming and have safe travels brother!!

Haha - thxTank! We are still in LOTO head / just a diff view😊

It’s so crazy having the boat here!

Tank

Reaction score
It’s a rainy day today but I’ll get some wood boat pics up - the 4th has a great wood boat parade we will be at for sure.

And yes, those boat houses are filled with wood boats!

Haha - thxTank! We are still in LOTO head / just a diff view😊

It’s so crazy having the boat here!

How's the neighbors on the lake taking to the through hulls? Are your buddies there digging your boat being at the docks? Little different for them.

sirbob

Reaction score
How's the neighbors on the lake taking to the through hulls? Are your buddies there digging your boat being at the docks? Little different for them.

I am making a effort to be quite ! The sound carry’s here.

My host was concerned the boat would be obnoxious but once it was on the dock everybody was really into it being here.

My boat is such a low profile and the grey / black color scheme blends it with the dark land scape here. The little bit of color I do have mixes with the green trim on the deck chairs etc haha !!

Its been well received so far - how ever I must say I’m running much easier than at Havasu. I’m more cocktail cruising or tip toeing around

sirbob

Reaction score
A man and his baby chilled at a dock.... doesn't get much better I bet.... very special and I can imagine your boat stands out up there.

There really is some thing about having your boat tied up at the dock while you hang out and enjoy the atmosphere.

I only wish I had a permanent set up like this!

Taboma

Reaction score
Never been to upstate NY. When is the area inhabitable, with some degree of comfort I mean. June through Sept ? November through April most folks aren't around ?

RichL

Reaction score
Never been to upstate NY. When is the area inhabitable, with some degree of comfort I mean. June through Sept ? November through April most folks aren't around ?
Inhabitable? Ha. That made me laugh. As a former New Yorker. I guess it's all relative.

😄

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

We went to Lake George (saw a lot of what he posted) and to our friends near the finger lakes in 2019. I think it was July. Weather was pretty good that far north. Temps dropped pretty good at night. We had to wear sweat shirts at night.

Based on some of our earlier conversations we did not choose this area for a summer home. Very beautiful in upstate New York, but we said no because:

1) It is still NY
2) It is too far north for us. That far north and it shortens your summer. We are weather wimps and want it warmer than that.

Our friends by the finger lakes are looking near us in TN, because they want it warmer longer.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Taboma

Reaction score
Inhabitable? Ha. That made me laugh. As a former New Yorker. I guess it's all relative.

😄

Oh for sure, I mean people actually live and work year round in North Dakota, but not me, that's for sure. 🥶

What I was referring to was how I surmise these area lakes as being rather late spring, summer and early fall, seasonal. Vacation homes, not year around residences with a few exceptions of course.

sirbob

Reaction score

obv the locals don’t fret the winter but these lake are a prettyshort season for many of the camp owners that only visit them in the summer.

That said it’s 50 something and raining the last day or two / cold 4 th weekend!

Taboma

Reaction score
obv the locals don’t fret the winter but these lake are a prettyshort season for many of the camp owners that only visit them in the summer.

That said it’s 50 something and raining the last day or two / cold 4 th weekend!

Oh that's not very summery boating weather :oops: I'm curious what you mean by camps ?
Several cabins on a property, so people rent a cabin for a weekend or week or two ?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
So lows of 50 at night eh..... does that keep the bugs down or are mosquitos and gnats in play? I guess when rains clear you'll know for sure when sun comes back out..... funny I was just looking at Havasu weather; 112/ 90

sirbob

Reaction score
Oh that's not very summery boating weather :oops: I'm curious what you mean by camps ?
Several cabins on a property, so people rent a cabin for a weekend or week or two ?

The cabins / houses here on the lakes are referred to as “camps”.

Here is a little bit to tell about how and when these were built. This listing refers to the “great” camps but you will understand the history better of the area if you check out the link...

Taboma

Reaction score
The cabins / houses here on the lakes are referred to as “camps”.

Here is a little bit to tell about how and when these were built. This listing refers to the “great” camps but you will understand the history better of the area if you check out the link...

Very interesting history lesson, thanks. 👍👍👍