WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4th Is over and everyone is selling their toys??

Meaney77

Reaction score
Whats the deal, everyone seems to be selling their shit today?

I have seen more boats, off road toys and trucks go up for sale online and on various IG pages than I have seen in the previous months. People are trying to get top dollar? People are getting nervous or are people over extended???

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Whats the deal, everyone seems to be selling their shit today?

I have seen more boats, off road toys and trucks go up for sale online and on various IG pages than I have seen in the previous months. People are trying to get top dollar? People are getting nervous or are people over extended???
yes, yes and yes, add in to that the gas prices

gqchris

Reaction score
I think these folks are a little late to the party! That ship has sailed, as Covid lockdown 2.5 is about to be announced.

The same boats that were listed 4 weeks ago are still listed from what I can see. But they are priced higher than giraffe pussy, so that could be the cause as well.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think these folks are a little late to the party! That ship has sailed, as Covid lockdown 2.5 is about to be announced.

The same boats that were listed 4 weeks ago are still listed from what I can see. But they are priced higher than giraffe pussy, so that could be the cause as well.
Didn't say it was a good idea...more of a greed thing, not too well planned. The week before the 4th I saw a few boats with for sale signs.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Sold my boat last week. Hopefully sell my dually this week. Going to follow the trend of everyone telling me that the market is going to tank. I will say, it took longer to sell toys in the last month than anytime previous.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen this much boat inventory hit the market in such a short period of time. The lower river wasn’t nearly as busy as it usually is on the holiday weekend either.

I hate to see a correction, but I wouldn’t mind all the rookies that bought boats in the last couple years go back to traveling. The river was amazing from 2009-2013.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Once all the free covid cash flushes thru the system and makes it's way to depreciationville.....were gonna see toys come down in price.
Will we see $2500 used PW50's again this desert season? - BTW I have a clean one if anyone is interested :cool:

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Wait till all the houses hit the market that people haven’t been paying the mortgage on for over a year . Wait till all the houses hit the market that landlords own that haven’t been collecting rent …inflation at all time high , incompetent leaders , it’s gonna be a hell of a ride

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Sold my boat last week. Hopefully sell my dually this week. Going to follow the trend of everyone telling me that the market is going to tank. I will say, it took longer to sell toys in the last month than anytime previous.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen this much boat inventory hit the market in such a short period of time. The lower river wasn’t nearly as busy as it usually is on the holiday weekend either.

I hate to see a correction, but I wouldn’t mind all the rookies that bought boats in the last couple years go back to traveling. The river was amazing from 2009-2013.
We don’t need to sell anything we are in good shape , I did hear rumors the housing market Is going to take a huge shit , tons of repos will flood the market this came from a high end realtor in LV , so if it’s houses it will be toys 🤬

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Wait till all the houses hit the market that people haven’t been paying the mortgage on for over a year . Wait till all the houses hit the market that landlords own that haven’t been collecting rent …inflation at all time high , incompetent leaders , it’s gonna be a hell of a ride
Ya but dumb fucks Should have been banking the $$$$

hallett21

Reaction score
Didn’t the rent memorandum get pushed till September?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satellitemike

Reaction score
I am just sitting back waiting for the bottom to fall out, IT IS COMING!!!
Sold most of my stuff a few years ago, a little early but got plenty of $$$ just waiting.
My son and daughter in law are waiting as well w a GOOD down for thier first house.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
There isn’t an agent or loan officer that will agree with you.

Wonder if that’s because they want to milk this buying frenzy as long as they can? Lol

Magic Mike

Reaction score
I got hurt bad in 2008 RE, this is a different situation…
I am erring on the side of caution this time.
I feel a slight shift beginning.

If you have not seen “ The Big short”, it’s a great movie!
Many great scenes, watch closely when they are looking at a street of homes that have been sold several times recently, for huge profits and there are new boats and motor homes in most of the driveways…
Different deal, very interesting though…

Last edited:

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
I got hurt bad in 2008, this is a different situation…
I am erring on the side of caution this time.
I feel a slight shift beginning.

If you have not seen “ The Big short”, it’s a great movie!
Many great scenes, watch closely when they are looking at a street of homes that have been sold several times recently, for huge profits and there are new boats and motor homes in most of the driveways…
Different deal, very interesting though…
We got fucked over by one of our kids at the worst time in our life , now setting back ready for one of the places by us to go tits up or hers 🤬

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
I can see toys going on discount. Not sure I’m convinced that homes will go on a fire sale.

Unless you bought 1 year ago your payment is likely significantly cheaper than comparable rent.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I can see toys going on discount. Not sure I’m convinced that homes will go on a fire sale.

Unless you bought 1 year ago your payment is likely significantly cheaper than comparable rent.

This guy gets it.

No this isn’t the bottom falling out.. it’s the people that bought shit last year that realize they no longer have the time to use the stuff with sports, school and work all back in session full time and people booking expensive vacations again.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Wait for it.....the re brokers are about to tell everyone, sing Kum bye yaaa. All will be great and no down turn

We haven’t even come across the RE peak yet.. So when it drops it will go back to early 2020 prices, which everyone here thought was too expensive :).

We are likely going to have a run up for the next year and a half at least unless something stops it, which seems unlikely.

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
We haven’t even come across the RE peak yet.. So when it drops it will go back to early 2020 prices, which everyone here thought was too expensive :).

We are going to have a run up before for the next year and a half at least unless something stops it, which seems unlikely.

Yeah, kind of what I think.

A healthy reset would be back to Jan 2020 pricing which was a healthy appreciation point. The froth of 2021 ( 15-20%+) should come off as supply chain normalizes unless the government can scare everyone back under a rock with the so called delta strain.

A house that was 700k that appreciated to 1M during trump, then jumped to 1.3M during covid doesn’t seem like foundational appreciation that will stick once we get back to normal, if we ever do get back to normal. I have no hard money out right now for that reason.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah, kind of what I think.

A healthy reset would be to Jan 2020 pricing which was a healthy appreciation point. The froth of 21 ( 15-20%) should come off as supply chain normalizes unless the government can scare everyone back under a rock with the so called delta strain.

The economy isn’t loosing jobs, people aren’t loosing money. They are reassessing their priorities as they go back to their normal lives.

Let’s face it, boating, off roading and RVing eat up a lot of discretionary income even when they aren’t being used.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
This guy gets it.

No this isn’t the bottom falling out.. it’s the people that bought shit last year that realize they no longer have the time to use the stuff with sports, school and work all back in session full time and people booking expenses or vacations again.
I don’t think so I think rent is coming due , all theses homes not getting paid something has to give

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Are you putting all your hard earned assets value on red? Put your money where your opinions are

I have been for 18 months. I was going to buy RE in 2020, and when Covid happened I put that money in the markets. Unless they shut the economy down again, you are going to have people taking trips and spending money for the next year to year and a half. These people that have put their lives on hold want to get back to living.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
In real terms, the value and purchasing power of "jobs" are being eroded by govt intervention on a daily basis....wages and real employment are on a steep decline, despite govt mathematics

As people have proved time and time again, they don’t give a shit. They will find ways to spend all the money they have been saving for the last 18 months.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Sort term maybe. Long term ahhhh nope

Who said anything about long term? I said we haven’t yet hit the peak. I give it 18 months ish before we come back to reality a bit and everyone blows their cash and business burn through their government cheese.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don’t think so I think rent is coming due , all theses homes not getting paid something has to give

Foreclosures en mass won’t happen again. It benefits no one. Banks will get shored up and bailed out on the back end and the consumer will be stuck with the bill on the back end of their loan.

Anyone that bought 2019 or earlier has a great rate and no real reason to leave their home anyway. That is evidenced by the low inventories.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Reality? That left the bus station a wile back.

Helium.....it only elevates until the balloon until pricked. And the Balloon is stretched so thin its funny at this point

Its gonna keep stretching. We have had this discussion before, but it is not all inflation, there are also supply and demand forces at work and as the supply chain normalizes, things will start to even back out.

Will there be another recession after this one, sure, of course there will.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Foreclosures en mass won’t happen again. It benefits no one. Banks will get shored up and bailed out on the back end and the consumer will be stuck with the bill on the back end of their loan.

Anyone that bought 2019 or earlier has a great rate and no real reason to leave their home anyway. That is evidenced by the low inventories.
So you go to church 😎😉 tax payers are going to get it with No Lube 😩😩😩😩

caribbean20

Reaction score
Interesting to see the toy market cooling. We all knew it was bound to happen. Is real estate next? Here in the Denver market, real estate has cooled, but it’s only gone from white hot, to just hot.

I’m just a spectator having watched these boom bust cycles so many times. Waiting on the sidelines for that Caddy Slade when sanity returns.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
¹
The rules of real economics and MATH will come home to roost. BAd policy squared or quintuppled will have consequences. Is just a matter of time.

Suggestion. Get out of debt and out of big cities asap. It has even began to get ugly yet

Well when you have a Military Industrial Complex, and are the reserve currency for the world, not all the basic rules of economics apply.

Being out of debt means nothing if you don’t have fluid reserves.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Me too. On A adjusted for inflation basis

So in the pit of the next recession we should expect to see threads from you about how houses, trucks, boats, RVs and off road toys are still too expensive 😉.

2Driver

Reaction score
Things are so fucking out of whack that the person Id be least likley to take advice from is the one that claims they know for certain what’s going to happen next.

PaPaG

Reaction score
If and when the housing market tanks as I am positive it is going to do sometime within the next 24 months, its time to buy buy buy!!!!!!!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Huh? You have more faith In govt economic policy than me. That's all.

BTW. Investing is the opposite of trucks, boats, rvs, and offroad dirt toys. Even homes are not really investments. They are roofs over families heads.

Huh? A home purchase is inflation control, the exact thing you concerned about. You can’t live inside gold ingots.
Additional homes beyond the primary are and can absolutely be investments.

If you have that little faith in the currency here, you should follow your own advise and move to another country that has a more sound economic policy, oh there really isn’t one :)

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You clearly misunderstand. A debt free home is the best place to be. The purpose of a home is an asset that protects a family.

A investment is beyond those asses necessary for basic living and to provide family stability.

It is a philosophical debate here. A debt free home carries with it a potential massive opportunity cost. There is no reason to rush to pay off your home when you can make more in nearly every other investment out there.

What inherent benefit does a free and clear home give you aside from not making the payment? Paying off the house leaves money inaccessible, locked into the property. Investing that money instead let’s you dictate how it should be managed and used.

There are no hard and fast rules here, every situation is different.

RodnJen

Reaction score
100 % of rent free income to amass REAL net worth.

Everyone needs a place to live. Its an essential asset. Better it unburdened by money rent.

This way there is no risk of loosing one's basic necessities. And maximizes income to invest in
Net worth producing assets and cash flows

Better, but not the only path to wealth.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
100 % of rent free income to amass real net worth.

Everyone needs a place to live. Its an essential asset. Better it unburdened by money rent

By your own account, I am better investing now at lower inflation levels with increased buying power, as opposed using all income to pay off an appreciating asset with a fixed payment at very low interest.

Literally the basic laws of math, compounding interest, and inflation tell you that paying off a low interest rate is a losing strategy when you can gain a higher return on the money putting it elsewhere sooner.

In this economy rushing to pay off your house is a less effective method to build net worth that yields less flexibility.

Last edited: