WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

what does your screen name mean??

Staubi

Whiskey Tango Fox over
Reaction score
I happen to get mine from a twist on an original nickname, My name being Dustin many a friend and acquaintance call me Dusty.

Well I have quite a few German friends and while my buddies In-Laws (German) were out to visit we were drinkin heavily and next thing I know they started calling me Staubi which means Literally dusty in deutsch.

LB247XS

Reaction score
lb247xs

lb = long beach

247xs = 2001 ultra 247xs:cool:

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Well the boat is a '71 Hondo and Im a little off beat.............I have a boat that is older than me and my frst truck was as well. I swor Id never own anything new, still dont. I really love old things. I was 20 when I got my Hondo, not one of my friends or co-workers knew what a "flatbottom" or "the River" was, but their parents did. I had one friend that said I was stuck in the 70's. The Hondo had been in a garage for 20 years befor I bought it. Stuck in a time warp so to say, thus, warpt71

75 Spectra V-Drive

Gas dock greg fueler
Reaction score
Well the boat is a '71 Hondo and Im a little off beat.............I have a boat that is older than me and my frst truck was as well. I swor Id never own anything new, still dont. I really love old things. I was 20 when I got my Hondo, not one of my friends or co-workers knew what a "flatbottom" or "the River" was, but their parents did. I had one friend that said I was stuck in the 70's. The Hondo had been in a garage for 20 years befor I bought it. Stuck in a time warp so to say, thus, warpt71

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup Ryan, the best boats were made in the 70's:D:D:D:D DONT USE FRAM OIL FILTERS:grumble::grumble:

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup Ryan, the best boats were made in the 70's:D:D:D:D DONT USE FRAM OIL FILTERS:grumble::grumble:

10-4 on that one!!!! Did yours finally take a crap on you? I wont ever use one again

margaritaville express

Reaction score
Margaritaville Express....

We are longtime Buffett fans...

Margaritaville is not a place but a state of mind......best to get there quickly.

The boat is the Margaritaville Express, the river shack is Margaritaville West...

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
my answer is that you use to be a boxer and you thought you were rocky and everybody called you roc for short...you also need to send me a plane ticket, there is no way i am driving that far for 25.00. and thank you..ok guys games over i won..;)

Well I can honestly say I've never heard that one before:D

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
Roland Otto Cook.

Winna winna chicken dinna...get it...chicken dinna!!

LOL. Took ya only three minutes? Guess I gotta make the challenges a little more difficult.:p

PM me your mailing info my man and I'll get the card in the mail manana

Congrats:thumbsup

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
LOL. Took ya only three minutes? Guess I gotta make the challenges a little more difficult.:p

PM me your mailing info my man and I'll get the card in the mail manana

Congrats:thumbsup

Ha Ha ROC...its the first line on yoru website!!!

Hes the deal,I dont eat a lot, especially meat type stuff, so Im sure you have a donor bucket on your counters, Sell the cert, and drop the money in one of the buckets...preferably a public service type of cause, regardless, I know your a stand up type guy, use it in the best way you see fit...

And some day Ill stop by for a potato!!!!:D:D

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
Ha Ha ROC...its the first line on yoru website!!!

Hes the deal,I dont eat a lot, especially meat type stuff, so Im sure you have a donor bucket on your counters, Sell the cert, and drop the money in one of the buckets...preferably a public service type of cause, regardless, I know your a stand up type guy, use it in the best way you see fit...

And some day Ill stop by for a potato!!!!:D:D

HAHA. Good deal. I'll make good use of the card and let you know what I do with it.

With a screen nanme like Baja Big Dog, you sound like a mountain of a man that will eat anything that doesn't get out of the way:D

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
HAHA. Good deal. I'll make good use of the card and let you know what I do with it.

With a screen nanme like Baja Big Dog, you sound like a mountain of a man that will eat anything that doesn't get out of the way:D

Ha ha, at one time almost 500 lbs, its hard to believe I would ever turn down free food!!!:D:D

And the name. well some biker buddies called me the "Big Dog" many ,many years ago, (see above note!!), and I spend a great deal of time in Baja.....;)

lebel409

Reaction score
Ok, my mother in law remarried a great guy who used to drag race flatbottoms, funny cars, dirt bikes, etc. He had 3 Lebels, his drag boat, a daycruiser, and a spare 17'10" he kept under 7 tarps...for quite a few years.

A couple of times he said,"If you want to work on that boat, you can have it...". I finally bit the hook, and went to work on the boat...in a pathetic sort of way...

Along the way I was wondering what motor I was going to put in this thing...and my new father in law said, "I got a nice 409 that would look good in that boat..."

So I know some stuff about boats...but not much about motors...so I join a couple of forums looking for some answers about motors and boats...

What's funny is that the answers to questions aren't the cool art of the boards, it's the people. When I joined HB I lurked for a while, registered and kept my head down for a while. Cools peeps and starting to get comfortable...and the toilet flushes.

So now most of the same peeps are here...a little calmer, gentler...yet still JBB, JBI, Brown, etc keep things....uhhh interesting.

SLOPOKE

Reaction score
With all the 100 + MPH jet boats for sale on craigslist I must be pretty slow. Somebody has to bring up the rear.

Sun burners

Reaction score
Came home from Havasu one of the first weekends. Went to log on, asked my daughter how do you feel?

gigamurph

Reaction score
Back when Hotboat had just become free (it was originally a pay site), a guy asked a question about a Bravo drive.. I had just gone through the same ordeal.

I sat and waited for someone to answer him all day. Finally at the end of the day I just came up with a stupid name to answer the guys question, figuring that I would never post again..

That was about 10 years, and 40 - 50K posts ago. In retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have registered.. LOL

RD
40-50K posts?:lmao

Is that includin' RiverPunk posts and the other aliases?:p

gigamurph

Reaction score
Took the 'giga-' from the computer term 'gigabyte' defined as "a unit of information equal to 1000 megabytes or 10^9 (1,000,000,000) bytes". Chopped off the '-byte' and added my longtime nickname and "VOILA!"; gigamurph is in da house.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Always thought it stood for JustBlowin'By until I found out it meant JetBoatByron.:p

:thumbsup:thumbsup:)

Mine is nothing clever. My Original Business name when I became a General Contractor. Changed it mostly because the show "The OC" came out and after a huge OC this and that I just dropped if off the biz logo. :thumbsdown

I have kept it on forums over the past 10+ years because of the several I have been on. Pretty funny to get a PM from someone who remembers from a long time back on some total different venue.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Self Explanitory if you've seen the movie Wedding Crashers. Someone has a good Mpeg Explanation of it around here. Plus I love Motor Boats so it works out nice. THe license plate on my truck is MTRBOTR, cant believe the DMV let me get away with it. It always gets good laughs at stop lights.

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
:thumbsup:thumbsup:)

Mine is nothing clever. My Original Business name when I became a General Contractor. Changed it mostly because the show "The OC" came out and after a huge OC this and that I just dropped if off the biz logo. :thumbsdown

I have kept it on forums over the past 10+ years because of the several I have been on. Pretty funny to get a PM from someone who remembers from a long time back on some total different venue.

I thought OCMerrill was some derived from some dialect meaning "Tiny"??? :skull

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
No mine is real lack of creativity. My initials

<--------- x2

The fact that I even copied this response pulls creativity to even lower depths.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Mine came from where I spend the majority of my weekends.
Havasu and the Dunes, the reason I am never home on weekends.

rivercookdave

Reaction score
mine is easy, I spend most of my free time at the river and am usually cooking something on the grill :D

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
YO PENGO

Im short, fat and half black and half white. :skull
Actually it’s a fraternity nickname “Pengo”. When I would walk into a party my friends would yell “Yo Pengo”. :cool:

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Pullon is my name. According to an old girlfriend, should have been pullout. :D 62 is the year of the first old Ford Galaxie I fell in love with and rebuilt.

100_0760.jpg

100_0766.jpg

Greg

Earl-Bob

wana c my member
Reaction score
midddle name is Earl, Dads white, moms mexican. Bob comes from an alterego after a few to many/redneck side comes out. My lake buddies started calling me earl-bob after a great bar fight.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Pullon is my name. According to an old girlfriend, should have been pullout. :D 62 is the year of the first old Ford Galaxie I fell in love with and rebuilt.

100_0760.jpg

100_0766.jpg

Greg
Sweet!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
YO PENGO

Actually it’s a fraternity nickname “Pengo”. When I would walk into a party my friends would yell “Yo Pengo”. :cool:

Hey,

I knew this. :D

bshybvrgirl

Reaction score
not what you think...but do you really want to go there :rolleyes:

maxwedge

(Maximus Wedge-i-mus)
Reaction score
Women often tell me that I have the largest possible wedge.:D

...and since I see my ex-GF just posted, that statement will likely be called out as total bullshit here shortly... so lets just go with, it's because my old boat was powered by a 413 Mopar.:D

cakeeater ed

Banned
Reaction score
My Armenian god father called us English descendent's "cake-eaters" after some long ago English queen told the peasants who had no food and were hungry to "let them eat cake" I think she was the one that was be-headed

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I DON'T KNOW?thanks god it wasn't asshole:D;)

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
My Armenian god father called us English descendent's "cake-eaters" after some long ago English queen told the peasants who had no food and were hungry to "let them eat cake" I think she was the one that was be-headed

Pretty sure Marie was French. :D

SecondLife

Banned
Reaction score
My screen name means that at 47 with a seven year old really cool daughter and a BITCH of a soon to be EX, I'm looking forward to my Second Life! :drnkfr

SecondLife

Banned
Reaction score
Right ON Dave!:D

Back when Hotboat had just become free (it was originally a pay site), a guy asked a question about a Bravo drive.. I had just gone through the same ordeal.

I sat and waited for someone to answer him all day. Finally at the end of the day I just came up with a stupid name to answer the guys question, figuring that I would never post again..

That was about 10 years, and 40 - 50K posts ago. In retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have registered.. LOL

RD

C-2

Reaction score

Wow...I like the "Let them eat snatch" version better.....:thumbsup:drnkfr

1. Let Them Eat Snatch
The name of a collection of plays produced in San Francisco. The play on words is in reference to Marie Antoinette's alleged quote "Let Them Eat Cake." Because San Francisco is known as the most openly gay city in the United States, the slogan emerged from an SFSU playwright as ironic commentary in order to protest against the "gay" egocentric image oriented consumer world: "Let Them Eat Snatch"

Person: Why is Ryan Seacrest such a vain closeted asshole?
You: Just "let them eat snatch..."

2. cake-eater
Supposedly dubbed by Marie Antoinette during the French Revolution. When citizens complained to her that the peasants were starving and that she should give them bread, she replied, "Let them eat cake!"

It is now used as a nickname for all people who live in Edina, MN. Although meant to be an insult (for the dominantely white, rich, and stuck-up high school), many students from Edina now take pride in it. Example: An Edina sports shirt that read, "Cake: Breakfast of Champions"

This term is most well known by its reference to Edina native Adam Banks in "The Mighty Ducks."
Stupid cake-eaters, I hate them all!

C-2

Reaction score
Mine is pretty simple.

We started hanging out with another couple back in the AZHB and HB days - he grabbed the screen name of Craig. Since we shared the same name, his wife and others referred to him as C1, I was C2. I never changed the screen name.

Y-A-W-N

Old Man Havasu

Reaction score
I picked the name because I felt so old the first time I cruised the channel during spring break.:eek:

gigamurph

Reaction score
YO PENGO

Liked yer first version better.:thumbsup:p

Essexive G's

Reaction score
I own an Essex boat, my last name starts with G. We have family friends that have a last name that starts with a G, who would always come to the river with us. We normally have 10 - 13 people on board the boat.
Also, when I bought the boat in "03" $56 grand was an excessive amount of money.
3rd option was excessive G force, but the boat is really not that fast, but it sure is stable. Twist a few letters, and viola!

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
:D

Attachments

• IMG_1041.jpg
    IMG_1041.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 178

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
My screen name means that at 47 with a seven year old really cool daughter and a BITCH of a soon to be EX, I'm looking forward to my Second Life! :drnkfr

LOL, me too. Can the boards have two SecondLife's??? ;) :D

I'm sure that you can guess what my username means... :rolleyes: