WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cross country trip....

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Alot of clean, close knit farming communities in that area just to the north. My buddy's son goes to school there and also has family that runs several large dairy operations. Most out there would give you a tour if you stopped in I'd wager.

the University of SD looked pretty cool when I drove by. Their stadium is right off the major road.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Talking to the Co employee who takes care of the park for a while this evening. His name is Tim and he is retired Air Force. Nice guy. He was at the water talking to a lady that was going to go for a swim. Told her he didnt want to have to hook her up. No swimming posted everywhere.

anyhow…no poisonous snakes her at all.They built a storm shelter by FEMA after a tornado came thru about 2010.Said if I hear the siren get in there pronto. Also told me the MO River flooded the park around that time as well.

we just BSd for a while and laughed a bit.

enjoyed the conv while Roxy sat quietly by us.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Not really anything poisonous in iowa and the area. The tornadoes aren’t usually an issue but one hit a Boy Scout camp a couple of years ago. Bad shit.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Not really anything poisonous in iowa and the area. The tornadoes aren’t usually an issue but one hit a Boy Scout camp a couple of years ago. Bad shit.

YIKES! They have a very stout shelter here in the park with the siren nearby.

I have decided to stay another week here before heading to Sturgis. Anything I need is about 15 miles away shopping wise and the park is quiet, clean and safe. Cost effective as well. No reason to move on right now.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
morning!

One reason why still here.
0D6B5DD5-7385-4A62-8B3E-E0379B29DCD8.jpeg

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
What’s the temp this morning? 82 out in Cave Creek with 58% humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now about 64 with humidity at 91% .....high today 82

Supposed to be like this for the next week. Very comfortable.

You guys got some good rain a few days back?

AZBrummett21

It's a Brummett
Reaction score
That’s is fantastic. I’m envious of your trip and enjoy your thread.

Yeah we had a good one come through and shoot my umbrella out of the stand on to Tatum Ranch Golf course. I welcome the storms as every year become hotter and dryer.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
That’s is fantastic. I’m envious of your trip and enjoy your thread.

Yeah we had a good one come through and shoot my umbrella out of the stand on to Tatum Ranch Golf course. I welcome the storms as every year become hotter and dryer.

saw the video from Flagstaff. Hoping you guys didnt get that much.

thanks for the kind words. Trying to live life on my terms now.

Taboma

Reaction score
One thing that seems absent from all your shared travel pics other than that mean carnivore you co-habit with, 😁 is wildlife. Seen the occasional waterfowl, but I was expecting deer in the early morning, or racoons, critters of some kind, but basically nada.
Not in abundance, or shy and more reclusive --- people wanting to shoot their asses :oops:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
One thing that seems absent from all your shared travel pics other than that mean carnivore you co-habit with, 😁 is wildlife. Seen the occasional waterfowl, but I was expecting deer in the early morning, or racoons, critters of some kind, but basically nada.
Not in abundance, or shy and more reclusive --- people wanting to shoot their asses :oops:

i saw tons more wildlife at my house. Bobcats, birds, snakes, pigs, deers,hawks, etc. i hear ya

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
The place totally filled up today. Some of the rigs backing in were wuite the adventure. Glad I am set and in a corner. Lol.

should be an interesting next couple of nights

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Chilling on the patio listening to Robt Cray. The neighbor shows up and comes over. He is a welder by trade and does work for Suicide Choppers out of Iowa. Talking harleys and Sturgis. He is here to hang with friends that have a house about 1/2 mile away. Initially asked me if I was working on the plants down the road. Very cool conversation. He currently has three bikes and his buddy who owns the chopper shop is having a booth at the Rapid City Harley dealer during the rally. I will stop in and drop his name.

one interesting thing he told me the max depth of this lake right now is about 15 feet.

and the beat goes on……..

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
By the way…a slightly smaller dog off leash attacked Roxy yesterday. She was ready to kick that dogs ass but knew it wasnt serious. She just turned her body and knocked the dog backwards. It did try to bite roxy but I saw the teeth and they were not much…lol. It kind of made me chuckle but….people who dont think THEIR dog needs a leash suck ass. I always have roxy leashed

Reaction score
By the way…a slightly smaller dog off leash attacked Roxy yesterday. She was ready to kick that dogs ass but knew it wasnt serious. She just turned her body and knocked the dog backwards. It did try to bite roxy but I saw the teeth and they were not much…lol. It kind of made me chuckle but….people who dont think THEIR dog needs a leash suck ass. I always have roxy leashed

I've run into that before. Dog fights are quick. I have 2 dogs one has the fighting gene the other the fleeing gene. makes it hard when I'm trying to kick away the attacking off leash dog...fun

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I've run into that before. Dog fights are quick. I have 2 dogs one has the fighting gene the other the fleeing gene. makes it hard when I'm trying to kick away the attacking off leash dog...fun

I hear ya. some people just arent good dog owners

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
MO River today. This riverwalk is an awesome recreational park. Nice baseball field with games going on, walk along a sidewalk with benches with no obstructions of the river. Also tons of well maintained grass with overhangs for picnics etc. ohhhhh….no trash on the ground and no trashy people.

Walking by a Beagle get together. About 20 of em. Roxy is like wth!
All of them saw Roxy at the same time and srarting barking. Hilarious
7743F3E5-31D3-4B6D-AE28-76ECE5451B1F.jpeg
BEAE0E15-BAE9-445C-AA2B-802F64604E04.jpeg
C1E39849-3439-43A2-81F2-FFC697AE2F08.jpeg
41857083-B843-4212-99D5-CF8881B1FEBF.jpeg
B1B5A19E-B385-4228-9A7B-A376C4CF68A3.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Found this dive bar at the corner of 3rd-Douglas in Yankton SD. They even have slot machines in these bars. Wanted a TShirt but they are out. Talked to a couple locals. Nice small Americans town. One said for 300K you could get a great house with 5-10 acres. Hmmmmmm
EA10A48E-2A7A-43EF-8C7A-318C16610657.jpeg
3C777665-29A6-438A-93BB-12663E644B2D.jpeg

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score

rabbit_runner

Reaction score
Such a cool trip. Tired of seeing the full hook up camp grounds where everyone is packed in like sardines. Living the dream. 👍

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I was talking with an old friend today and he wanted to know where I have traveled so far. When I wrote it out I was kind of surprised. I am getting around ;)

This is what I sent him.

Currently IA. Been thru AZ, TX, NM, MS, AL, FL, GA, TN, NC, KS, MO, NE, SD. Heading to meet friends in Sturgis for the rally. After Sturgis I will hit MT, ID, CO and then down thru TX, NM before heading back to AZ

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I was talking with an old friend today and he wanted to know where I have traveled so far. When I wrote it out I was kind of surprised. I am getting around ;)

This is what I sent him.

Currently IA. Been thru AZ, TX, NM, MS, AL, FL, GA, TN, NC, KS, MO, NE, SD. Heading to meet friends in Sturgis for the rally. After Sturgis I will hit MT, ID, CO and then down thru TX, NM before heading back to AZ

SLUT

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Funny story...one of my two dogs ate through a door in our old condo...Didn't realize he got locked in a room when I went to work. We had a dog door that he normally went outside from the living room. That was unpleasant and Brianna was MAD lol

Growing up we had a german shephard named Tuffy. Friggin legend status with all of us boys. He ate thru multiple things....lol

X Hoser

Reaction score

This is what I sent him.

We were in Idaho last month and stayed at a camp ground called RavenWood. We really liked it. Super nice people. Not too expensive. I think it was under $800 for two weeks. Half way between Sand Point and Coeur d’Alene

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
We were in Idaho last month and stayed at a camp ground called RavenWood. We really liked it. Super nice people. Not too expensive. I think it was under $800 for two weeks. Half way between Sand Point and Coeur d’Alene

i havent been paying any where near those rates. Way less than half actually.

it helps I stay off the beaten path which I prefer. There will be off grid places I will be hitting in ID. I will find them as I travel. They are out there…just need to discover them.

i love ID along the rivers

X Hoser

Reaction score
i havent been paying any where near those rates. Way less than half actually.

it helps I stay off the beaten path which I prefer. There will be off grid places I will be hitting in ID. I will find them as I travel. They are out there…just need to discover them.

i love ID along the rivers
Please share where you end up. My daughter lives in Rathdrum so I really don’t need anything special as we are at her house most of the time. 5th wheel is really just for sleeping in. Have fun in Sturgis!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Please share where you end up. My daughter lives in Rathdrum so I really don’t need anything special as we are at her house most of the time. 5th wheel is really just for sleeping in. Have fun in Sturgis!

i will post em up as I go.

thanks

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Still can't believe your dog hasn't chewed your face off. must be a good pup! :)

lol

today i stopped at the campground bathroom while walking roxy. Had her lay down, told her to stay. Went in did business came out and she was where she was supposed to be. All the while a one year old pup was running at her and she totally ignored him. As soon as I picked up the leash it was on. Haha. I made roxy sit and watch as the pup sprinted all around while the owner tried to grab him.

i love my pup. She and I are definitely on the same page on this trip. It helps she knows that she had roasted chicken waiting for her in the trailer.

all those years working with her has really paid off. She is absolutely like a perfect wise dog now. she is a piece of cake traveling with.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Still can't believe your dog hasn't chewed your face off. must be a good pup! :)

It's only a matter of time before LEO reports finding a 5th wheel RV with a well fed mixed breed Pitbull inside and lot's of poop containing trace's of cherry Skoal, flannel and denim but no sign of the owner.

Destiny...

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
i like this loop. Americana small town straight out of a Rockwell painting. Probably be back thru again next year.

thank you
Have you read "Travels with Charley" by Steinbeck? If not, you should. It's one of my favorites.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
It's only a matter of time before LEO reports finding a 5th wheel RV with a well fed mixed breed Pitbull inside and lot's of poop containing trace's of cherry Skoal, flannel and denim but no sign of the owner.

Destiny...

ha

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Was able to stop by here and see Becky who was the couple next to me on the weekend. Her husband is the welder by trade that got this business started. Since I was out and about I stopped by and bought a shirt and hat. That bike in the window has a 60” rake. Not practical and pretty much unrideable…its just pretty much a museum piece now. It was made by some famous guy but I cant remember his name.

got to meet the owner Dana and they will be at the Rapid Coty HD location with a booth. Cool peeps so if you go there make sure to drop by.
971A9F5E-4088-47F9-BD34-BF149A9A6313.jpeg
45ABD9C9-56E3-47D6-909E-6958B4610643.jpeg