WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hellkats Powerboats builds widebody flat deck 32 cat

noli

Reaction score

The tooling is complete for the Hellkat Powerboats 32 widebody, located in Miami

All Hellkats are built utilizing resin infusion, no wood, all composites build

hkswb.png

Last edited:

noli

Reaction score

The white hull inside the tooling is a real boat built in Florida and was used as the plug for the mold

rpftm.png

noli

Reaction score

the white hull-plug was removed from the mold, and taken outside to be flipped

moldmakeready.png

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
This is going to be an OB I’m guessing? The tanks seem way far forward, also assuming that’s to help the cg? Cannot wait to see the following steps. Keep up the posts.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
This is a widened 32 Spectre? Or what was the basis here? The 30s are aggressive on price IMO!

attitude

Reaction score
I’m not sure what they did to the 32 hull but the owner of hull #1 is claiming he got told 450s were to heavy for it and 300s are the perfect weight. Seems very odd considering how big of a boat it is.

noli

Reaction score

A widened and lengthened 30 foot original Jay Pilini cat

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
I’m not sure what they did to the 32 hull but the owner of hull #1 is claiming he got told 450s were to heavy for it and 300s are the perfect weight. Seems very odd considering how big of a boat it is.

In some cases this is very true in regards to how the boat handles. The heavier motors make it harder to get the cg proper, so in terms of top speed sure the bigger motors are faster but again in some cases the lighter motors the boat will handle better in rough water turning ect.

attitude

Reaction score
In some cases this is very true in regards to how the boat handles. The heavier motors make it harder to get the cg proper, so in terms of top speed sure the bigger motors are faster but again in some cases the lighter motors the boat will handle better in rough water turning ect.
I understand that if we are talking about a stoker or a boat that’s CG wasn’t design for a heavier motor, but this is a completely reworked hull. You would think they would be able to adjust fuel tank location and set back length to make a 450 or 400 boat be balance just as well as a 300 boat.

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
I understand that if we are talking about a stoker or a boat that’s CG wasn’t design for a heavier motor, but this is a completely reworked hull. You would think they would be able to adjust fuel tank location and set back length to make a 450 or 400 boat be balance just as well as a 300 boat.

The smaller boats is even worse. You have to remember most of these true cat boats are super light, yes moving tanks does help but that also depends on how much fuel is in the tanks also at said time. The other thing in water conditions like the lake it's not that big of a deal. When you start getting into ocean or true big waters that's when you notice it the most. Again, not saying the boat in this post won't work with 400/450 at just saying in big water I would assume it works even better with the lighter 300r thus the recommendation. Either way looking forward to seeing how this boat runs when complete!

ktm 450

Reaction score
I would not want to be one of the first owners of a unproven hull.

Backlash

Reaction score
I guess a lot of this ^^^ depends on who's hull they adapted their molds from. For obvious and professional reasons, we may not know. From what I've seen online of the Hellkats going in and out of some of the rough inlets in So. Fl., they seem to handle it pretty well.

noli

Reaction score

from what I've read...

Rey (owner & builder of Hellkats) has shared the origins of the hull in Scream and Fly dot com

its an original 30 foot Jay Pilini designed hull...then the hull was widened and lengthened by Todd D and sold to Rey

After the hull was used as a plug, for the 32 mold, Rey got it painted and is his personal boat to rig for optimal performance

I'll try to find pics on the internet and share here...

HELLKATS_REY

Reaction score
first time hellkats 32 on the water ! 105 mph
top speed now 110 and still need work to do !!

if any one is interest on more information feel free to call me at 3053056482 Rey
fore more pictures look on Instagram

Attachments

• hellkats 32 video.mov
    22.5 MB

HELLKATS_REY

Reaction score

the owner of the first boat never own a boat before !
is a lot guys out there talking but not everybody know the true !! or how to used a cat
weight for my boats is not a problems all I need to do is play w the cg

I'm building 2 now w 450 and 2 w 400s

attitude

Reaction score
the owner of the first boat never own a boat before !
is a lot guys out there talking but not everybody know the true !! or how to used a cat
weight for my boats is not a problems all I need to do is play w the cg

I'm building 2 now w 450 and 2 w 400s
I’m not sure if you are taking a dig at my by saying “a lot of guys out there talking but not everybody knows the truth” but the statement about him being told the 450s are to heavy and the 300s are the perfect weight is documented on his YouTube channel…

I’m sure it can handle 450s which is why I said that statement was odd.

HELLKATS_REY

Reaction score
I’m not sure if you are taking a dig at my by saying “a lot of guys out there talking but not everybody knows the truth” but the statement about him being told the 450s are to heavy and the 300s are the perfect weight is documented on his YouTube channel…

I’m sure it can handle 450s which is why I said that statement was odd.

is nothing personal !!! but a have a lot guys calling me all day and asking ( it is true that you can not put 400 or 450 per weight )
I'm available to build the boat for anything from 300 hp up to 900 hp
and went I say is a lot people talking is because in other forms I hear like hellkats don't built the mold and some fakes news if anyone like to know more or see the full proses on anything feel free to see on Instagram how is the build prosses ! Hellkats Powerboats Inc (@hellkat_powerboats) • Instagram photos and videos

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Ima lovin' that 40 cck model. Thats gonna be sweet.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
This the boat that is getting the new electric outboards to test high performance?

noli

Reaction score

widebody HK 32 on its way to Vision Marine Technologies for the electric motors install

hkgfvm.png

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
That’s what it sounds like from the IG posts.

I have to imagine the 32 will be a platform for developing a more powerful outboard than the 180E you see above. Vision states the 180E is for replacing boats that currently use up to 180hp outboards and up to 26ft in length.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Has anybody been keeping up with this?

If this is the same 32 wide body, she sure does look good in the water!

Took a screen grab for you non social media folk.

ChrisV

Reaction score
boat so quiet they need to put music.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Cannot think of any other sport or industry where founders of performance boats are lost in their own creation. We need remember and appreciate all these guys.
763DC0F9-61E0-49D6-A390-BF50A372EC97.jpeg

Last edited:

KingofBeers

Reaction score
SMH....

First outboards, now electric outboards.

Tradition...Romance...Rumble.

All leaving the game.

I’d bet the spray has to do with a notched /un-notched transom.
You will appreciate this then. I looked at this boat yesterday and chatted a bit with the two guys there. One guy was from Miami representing Hellcat and the other guy from Canada who was the electric guy. 400lbs of batteries and they claim to be able to run full steam for...wait for it...............4 min🤣

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
You will appreciate this then. I looked at this boat yesterday and chatted a bit with the two guys there. One guy was from Miami representing Hellcat and the other guy from Canada who was the electric guy. 400lbs of batteries and they claim to be able to run full steam for...wait for it...............4 min🤣
well, there ya go. :cool:

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
The secret of making progress is getting started.

@KingofBeers - did they share any info about the motors? Curious if they’re a pair of the 180E’s or something larger.

KingofBeers

Reaction score
The secret of making progress is getting started.

@KingofBeers - did they share any info about the motors? Curious if they’re a pair of the 180E’s or something larger.
Only thing I remember is that he said they can be turned up to be ~300hp but that is not something that the production version will be rated at. I think they were the 180Es but just turned up for the shootout. But this was after he had said that at full power they last 4 min so I was trying really hard not to burst into laughter. He said they would be available for production boats next year.