WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LHC lot for sale?

satellitemike

Reaction score
Any of you inmates have or know anyone that is looking to sell a nice buildable lot?
Would prefer the North side, about 1/4 acre.
Been looking around the last few months and not much left out there.
TIA!

guest hs

Reaction score
Any of you inmates have or know anyone that is looking to sell a nice buildable lot?
TIA!
My wife has my Uncles lot for sale it’s on Canyon Cove with an awesome view.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I know the person selling this lot in the refuge. One of the last flat level lots there.

dspracing

Reaction score
I know the person selling this lot in the refuge. One of the last flat level lots there.

I think the refuge is the best value in havasu right now. One of the last places you can find a flat lot for a reasonable price. We just bought a few doors down from there.

satellitemike

Reaction score

I think the refuge is the best value in havasu right now. One of the last places you can find a flat lot for a reasonable price. We just bought a few doors down from there.
We spent most of our time last weekend looking in there. We looked at that lot and 2 others on the same street. Do you have any intel on the lot, are they needing to sell or wanting to sell? LOL

Reactions: DWC

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Wasn’t there a problem a while back with some of the Refuge lots compaction?

satellitemike

Reaction score
I think I heard the same when they first started. Dont think it is an issue with post tension slabs, I guess thats why I pay my insurance premiums!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It’s all sand here, beach sand basically, so if the builders dont go about things the right way there could be problems. I think the compaction issues were a very long time ago and they are building to account for it now.

On our pool build they had to spray the hole with a thin coat of gunite after the dig to keep it from collapsing.

Great place to live; restaurant, bar, gym, pool and golf if your into that as well as coyotes, donkeys and bobcats.

satellitemike

Reaction score
It’s all sand here, beach sand basically, so if the builders dont go about things the right way there could be problems. I think the compaction issues were a very long time ago and they are building to account for it now.

On our pool build they had to spray the hole with a thin coat of gunite after the dig to keep it from collapsing.

Great place to live; restaurant, bar, gym, pool and golf if your into that as well as coyotes, donkeys and bobcats.
Friends of mine moved into a golf community in Wickenburg AZ and they mentioned the different types of golf and social memberships. Do you know about the refuges?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Perfect timing on this thread. We are headed to Havasu next Friday to do some lot shopping. I like what The Refuge has to offer...going to put it on our list.

Last edited:

dspracing

Reaction score
I think I heard the same when they first started. Dont think it is an issue with post tension slabs, I guess thats why I pay my insurance premiums!
There is little to no information that I could find on the internet regarding this. From what I did find, it sounds as if there were some issues in the area of the original home builds. After that, it's pretty much whatever your builder has heard or experienced. Randy from Paradise homes has done probably more homes in the refuge than anyone. He told me the lots were compacted, leveled, stamped, and done. The builder I am using will be doing soil testing and having the foundation engineered.

satellitemike

Reaction score
There is little to no information that I could find on the internet regarding this. From what I did find, it sounds as if there were some issues in the area of the original home builds. After that, it's pretty much whatever your builder has heard or experienced. Randy from Paradise homes has done probably more homes in the refuge than anyone. He told me the lots were compacted, leveled, stamped, and done. The builder I am using will be doing soil testing and having the foundation engineered.
Who is Randy and do you have his contact info?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Friends of mine moved into a golf community in Wickenburg AZ and they mentioned the different types of golf and social memberships. Do you know about the refuges?

We pay $99 a month for a social membership, gets you 20% off at the restaurant and bar and access to the gym and pool. I would say the restaurant is top 5 in the town, the prime rib on weekend nights is amazing as is their rib eye. And you cant beat the view of the lake from dinner. I believe its $399 a month for golf and thats unlimited, some of the retired people here play every day so its a deal. We are not big golfers so its not worth it for us. We have our own golf cart and live off the 10th fairway so we just jump on at 10 around an hour and a half before dark and play 4-5 holes before it gets dark. The paying golfers are already done for the day so its a pretty popular thing to do for the people who liver here. Sometimes we just play the same hole 3-4 times.

The HOA is strict, there is good and bad to that and doing any major work to the outside of the house like a pool or paint requires sign off by the design review committee. Not that big of a deal and it keeps the place looking good. Also we get the security guards gift cards for the holidays, works wonders when you have your 75 feet of motorhome and trailer parked in front of the house for the night when you are rolling out to Glamis the next day.

I also think the homes have to be a minimum of 2500 square feet.

Groper

Reaction score

It seems that most of the communities behind a gate are a "Swingers Lifestyle" situation 😲

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Who is Randy and do you have his contact info?

Randy lives here and he is the number one builder in here based on all of the signs. I think he just finished up Magoos's monster addition to hold his Bananas M44 and M35. He bought the lot next door to his house and built a free standing RV garage and guest house connected to the main house by a breezeway, its a pretty bad ass set up.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Bonus, lol!

The friday after 5 happy hour at the bar gets a little to Cougar / Cub hunting for me. In all truthfulness everyone I have met that lives in here is really nice, everyone always waves when passing in the car, lots of people out walking at night etc. In the summer time its very quiet since most of the homes are owned by snowbirds and a bunch of them are from Canada and they couldnt get here this winter. Our neighbor is a Canadien and we moved in a year ago and they have not been here yet. Since its a closed community none of the streets are through streets, so if your driving around you most likely live here so there really isnt much car traffic.

Lots of high end boaters, diagonally up from me is the Maggos and his two bananas yellow DCB's, across the street from me is Mike Smith with a 43 Nordic on a tilt trailer, etc.

Stop by if your looking around in here, 1715 E. Tradition, basically at the end of the Refuge in the loop that brings you back around.

dspracing

Reaction score
We pay $99 a month for a social membership, gets you 20% off at the restaurant and bar and access to the gym and pool. I would say the restaurant is top 5 in the town, the prime rib on weekend nights is amazing as is their rib eye. And you cant beat the view of the lake from dinner. I believe its $399 a month for golf and thats unlimited, some of the retired people here play every day so its a deal. We are not big golfers so its not worth it for us. We have our own golf cart and live off the 10th fairway so we just jump on at 10 around an hour and a half before dark and play 4-5 holes before it gets dark. The paying golfers are already done for the day so its a pretty popular thing to do for the people who liver here. Sometimes we just play the same hole 3-4 times.

The HOA is strict, there is good and bad to that and doing any major work to the outside of the house like a pool or paint requires sign off by the design review committee. Not that big of a deal and it keeps the place looking good. Also we get the security guards gift cards for the holidays, works wonders when you have your 75 feet of motorhome and trailer parked in front of the house for the night when you are rolling out to Glamis the next day.

I also think the homes have to be a minimum of 2500 square feet.
2,200 minimum sq ft

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
We spent most of our time last weekend looking in there. We looked at that lot and 2 others on the same street. Do you have any intel on the lot, are they needing to sell or wanting to sell? LOL

I can put you in touch with them if you like? Let me know and I can send you a PM with their information and you can talk to them directly.

dspracing

Reaction score

Those two lots there on Birkdale have been posted for a while, I think the smaller size is deterring most buyers. When you find one that is 10K sq ft+ it will be gone within days. Did you look at 1939 Birkdale? If you like that one I would be sure to contact Amy Telnes who manages the Refuge as I do not think the front elevation on that home plan would be approved by the DRC.

We used Amber from Team RDP when we bought our lot/met with builders. She is AWESOME! 951-392-3326

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I have a full flat acre in the Foothills I may be willing to part with.

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
TIA!
Got 3 level and ready to go (septic no sewer)on North end nice area, backs up to wash, 300' to neighbors from the back P/L
$195k ea. DAMN GOOD LOTS!!!!!!!
got 3 BIG lots street to street in the refuge I am sure the owner would entertain building one of them out as a pre sold
I am sure I can Russel up a few to choose from in the View point development (west of Home Depot, cheapest option I know of right now)
a few lot still available in the Arroys / foothills = $200k+
other then that you got to up and on the MLS at 6am with cash and keys in hand

satellitemike

Reaction score
Those two lots there on Birkdale have been posted for a while, I think the smaller size is deterring most buyers. When you find one that is 10K sq ft+ it will be gone within days. Did you look at 1939 Birkdale? If you like that one I would be sure to contact Amy Telnes who manages the Refuge as I do not think the front elevation on that home plan would be approved by the DRC.

We used Amber from Team RDP when we bought our lot/met with builders. She is AWESOME! 951-392-3326
We rode w Team RDP RE last weekend and 1939 belongs to a family memeber. My understanding is that they have approved enginered house plans.
1899 seems to be the front runner, we need to confirm the boundry markings, looks like the staking might have been moved? I would prefer to be able to keep my house more than the min 5' of set back from the property line.

satellitemike

Reaction score
The friday after 5 happy hour at the bar gets a little to Cougar / Cub hunting for me. In all truthfulness everyone I have met that lives in here is really nice, everyone always waves when passing in the car, lots of people out walking at night etc. In the summer time its very quiet since most of the homes are owned by snowbirds and a bunch of them are from Canada and they couldnt get here this winter. Our neighbor is a Canadien and we moved in a year ago and they have not been here yet. Since its a closed community none of the streets are through streets, so if your driving around you most likely live here so there really isnt much car traffic.

Lots of high end boaters, diagonally up from me is the Maggos and his two bananas yellow DCB's, across the street from me is Mike Smith with a 43 Nordic on a tilt trailer, etc.

Stop by if your looking around in here, 1715 E. Tradition, basically at the end of the Refuge in the loop that brings you back around.
Thanks for the offer, I will look you up next trip out!

satellitemike

Reaction score
Got 3 level and ready to go (septic no sewer)on North end nice area, backs up to wash, 300' to neighbors from the back P/L
$195k ea. DAMN GOOD LOTS!!!!!!!
got 3 BIG lots street to street in the refuge I am sure the owner would entertain building one of them out as a pre sold
I am sure I can Russel up a few to choose from in the View point development (west of Home Depot, cheapest option I know of right now)
a few lot still available in the Arroys / foothills = $200k+
other then that you got to up and on the MLS at 6am with cash and keys in hand
Can you post the addresses here or send in PM?

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Randy lives here and he is the number one builder in here based on all of the signs. I think he just finished up Magoos's monster addition to hold his Bananas M44 and M35. He bought the lot next door to his house and built a free standing RV garage and guest house connected to the main house by a breezeway, its a pretty bad ass set up.
Pretty sure that was Scott with mountain Desert that did magoo's home.
He kind of took over after Venterra homes left when the fiasco with the RV park started. Venterra was the main builder other than Nationwide in the smaller homes.
At that time only custom home builders were allowed in the Refuge. Things came to a stand still and they let other home builders in.
The soil compaction thing was caused by a group of people way back when the refuge was starting and they didn't want it to happen.

dspracing

Reaction score
We rode w Team RDP RE last weekend and 1939 belongs to a family memeber. My understanding is that they have approved enginered house plans.
1899 seems to be the front runner, we need to confirm the boundry markings, looks like the staking might have been moved? I would prefer to be able to keep my house more than the min 5' of set back from the property line.
I'm right next door, if my lot survey will help I can send it over. I was told the same thing, I'm just saying if you plan to go that route I would absolutely verify the design with Amy Telnes before you place any value on that plan set. You may check as well the set back I am pretty sure is 8'. You can read all about the rules on the refuge POA website.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Also we get the security guards gift cards for the holidays, works wonders
Had an ex friend across street from me move to the refuge
Contractors can start work at 6 am. I started at 7 am to be more courteous
Ex neighbor rolls up on his segway and says I woke him up. Um ok, nice talking to you Guy and rolled up my window
He reports me to security
Security hands him the rules and then goes and asks him if that's his trailer on the empty lot. Makes him move it and clean up the lot
Box o candy at christmas works wonders with security lol

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
With that said,
I'll never help out anyone I don't know in the refuge again
I've cleaned up trash and broken glass that nobody took care of
I got yelled at for throwing stuff in Randy's dumpster. People throw trash in my bins and leave their dog crap for me to pick up
I got yelled at for not spraying weeds close enough to their house
i got yelled at for disposing a dead rabbit improperly
I'll never report another water leak to Amy again.
And Magoo wanted me arrested for taking MY equipment off his property. Fuck him

satellitemike

Reaction score
I'm right next door, if my lot survey will help I can send it over. I was told the same thing, I'm just saying if you plan to go that route I would absolutely verify the design with Amy Telnes before you place any value on that plan set. You may check as well the set back I am pretty sure is 8'. You can read all about the rules on the refuge POA website.
Thanks for the info, are you next to 1899 or 1939? I'll let you know if I can use your lot survey!!!

satellitemike

Reaction score
Had an ex friend across street from me move to the refuge
Contractors can start work at 6 am. I started at 7 am to be more courteous
Ex neighbor rolls up on his segway and says I woke him up. Um ok, nice talking to you Guy and rolled up my window
He reports me to security
Security hands him the rules and then goes and asks him if that's his trailer on the empty lot. Makes him move it and clean up the lot
Box o candy at christmas works wonders with security lol
With that said,
I'll never help out anyone I don't know in the refuge again
I've cleaned up trash and broken glass that nobody took care of
I got yelled at for throwing stuff in Randy's dumpster. People throw trash in my bins and leave their dog crap for me to pick up
I got yelled at for not spraying weeds close enough to their house
i got yelled at for disposing a dead rabbit improperly
I'll never report another water leak to Amy again.
And Magoo wanted me arrested for taking MY equipment off his property. Fuck him
I am confused, do you build homes there and live in there?

dspracing

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, are you next to 1899 or 1939? I'll let you know if I can use your lot survey!!!
I’m 1885. So 1899 would essentially be sandwiched between my lot and the existing home. From that you should be able to determine your property lines. But the lot size should be no secret, my realtor sent me the site layout right off the bat.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Have you looked into square foot prices to build in the Refuge? Curious what they are.

dspracing

Reaction score
Nothing in concrete yet but i got a rough estimate is 200 to 225 per foot. If we buy and build it wont be for at least a year and hopefully lumber drops back to reality!
Assuming this does not include the garage?

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
You must be a builder explain why that doesn’t include garage think hard son

rifraf123

Reaction score
I know of 2 that will be hitting the market shortly. Both are level and good sized. Plenty big for rv garage and pool.
Call Shanna Jorgensen @ 928 550 8777
She is handling the transaction.

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
The new look of Havasu
This is most of what remains in town, Hillside lots and if you want a unobstructed forever view, this is about the best options left, the lots are usually $50k cheaper but the build cost is $100k more then slab on grade. more and more I am getting two story homes on our 15' height limit lots, it doesn't always work but I have figured out in most cases how to manipulate the grading numbers to get 21'+ tall in a 15' tall space or in the case below 29' tall in a 15' tall max height lot. we used to avoid these lots like the plague but 20yrs later that's whats left to deal with. below could have easily been triple "double RV's" but a full casitas and gym took it's place
tuckunderelv.jpg

tuckunderflp.jpg

Ambamn

Hi, I'm Amber with Team RDP.
Reaction score

Thank you Ryan! It was a pleasure helping you and Steph ☺

Ambamn

Hi, I'm Amber with Team RDP.
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in info on The Refuge or surrounding areas, I would be happy to help!

Amber Robinson
Team RDP
951-392-9926
Business Card.jpg