WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RV BBQ

Boat211

Reaction score
What is everyone using for a barbecue in their RV? Need to replace my little Weber. Looking for something small for storage reasons of course.

Reactions: DWC

DLC

Reaction score
I have several Magma grills all SS pack up in a bag and use this table top stand, I have one on the boat also!
EDEA4EF8-18D6-43CA-9E51-3FF7269C8DB0.jpeg

8D31661F-82F8-459C-8115-2613256EA507.png

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Little webber and the smallest Blackstone, I think thats the 22.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
I have a junior traeger and looking for a blackstone to replace my 3 burner camping chef Guess I’m getting the 22. Seems to be the popular size

outboard_256

Reaction score
My 22" blackstone replaced my weber bbq. My friend has a 17" and its almost too small and only has one burner. If you have the room I would recommend the 22".

Reactions: DWC

grumpy88

Reaction score
I use the compact stainless steel bbq that they sell at lowes or homedepot . It folds up and it connects to full size bottles . I put it on the truck tailgate and it attaches to one of the propane tanks .
Screenshot_20210719-195156.png

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
We always used various Weber Q Series

Still have one even though we don’t have an RV currently. I would bring it to my job sites every Friday to make tacos for the crew, back when I was flipping houses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
We have the Weber Q Series. I love using it, but it seems to take up a lot of space with that curved hood design.

81Sprint

Reaction score
1626786508271.png

I take a 17" Blackstone, and a fullsize Weber. I think I am gonna upgrade to the 22" with the folding legs tho, be nice to have a little more cooking surface

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Two suggestions for you guys on the BS.

1) If you have the legs put the grill on it with the logos on the backside. That way if you have the shelf it doesnt get in the way of your propane hose.

2) For a wind guard…it was mentioned on RDP somewhere…go to Dollar Tree and pick up some metal chopping deals in the kitchen-BBQ area. You need 4 if you have the 22”, they slide on the sides and you never have to remove them. $4. fix. Sorry I cant remember which RDP member mentioned it but just passing it on.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

1) If you have the legs put the grill on it with the logos on the backside. That way if you have the shelf it doesnt get in the way of your propane hose.

2) For a wind guard…it was mentioned on RDP somewhere…go to Dollar Tree and pick up some metal chopping deals in the kitchen-BBQ area. You need 4 if you have the 22”, they slide on the sides and you never have to remove them. $4. fix. Sorry I cant remember which RDP member mentioned it but just passing it on.
Wind guards from blackstone for every size grill are on Amazon. Got to have them, even the slightest breeze screws them up.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Post #607. Rogerthat posted up the info

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
i've had the 17" for about 5 years now. i would love to upgrade to the 22" with the cover and stand but i can't wrap my head around the 300% price increase lol. wish i would've grabbed one when they were 99$. when we post up at the river for a month once a year the 4 burner comes out. our little stainless BBQ never got put back in to our most recent trailer for lack of use.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
i've had the 17" for about 5 years now. i would love to upgrade to the 22" with the cover and stand but i can't wrap my head around the 300% price increase lol. wish i would've grabbed one when they were 99$. when we post up at the river for a month once a year the 4 burner comes out. our little stainless BBQ never got put back in to our most recent trailer for lack of use.

22 is quite a lot more efficient than a 17 for sure. Its still very easy to transport, setup and breakdown.

HitIt

Reaction score
1) If you have the legs put the grill on it with the logos on the backside. That way if you have the shelf it doesn't get in the way of your propane hose.

Imma file this in the how did I not think of this category. Thank you.

As far as grills go, I have had the Weber Q and the Costco Nexgrill knockoff. They are great but they are big. If you have the room, great. If not, the 2 burner stainless steel jobs work pretty well for the money/size. You do have to deal with flare-ups though just because of how close the burners are to the grate.

HitIt

Reaction score
22 is quite a lot more efficient than a 17 for sure. Its still very easy to transport, setup and breakdown.
And you get 2 burners. There are 2, 22" models. Get the more expensive one ($174 if I remember) with the removable stand and folding legs. It is waaaaay better for travel. The $99 one is more of a patio model than travel model.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Imma file this in the how did I not think of this category. Thank you.

As far as grills go, I have had the Weber Q and the Costco Nexgrill knockoff. They are great but they are big. If you have the room, great. If not, the 2 burner stainless steel jobs work pretty well for the money/size. You do have to deal with flare-ups though just because of how close the burners are to the grate.

I felt the same way when someone mentioned that to me....."I was like....WTH....."lol

Meaney77

Reaction score
One thing to add- my personal opinion on using a charcoal BBQ and also the Blackstone. I use charcoal because it tastes better but also the clean up is pretty easy. When your done grilling, you scrape your grill to keep it clean for the next use and the charcoal burns up all of the food and grease. Then yo can dump the ashes into the fire and avoid a big greasy mess in your jockey box. Same with the BS, you scrap the griddle and then dump the grease catch before you pack it up.

The small propane grills I have had in the past all collect grease and food underneath and it can be kind of a mess.

Just my 2 cents

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Wind guards from blackstone for every size grill are on Amazon. Got to have them, even the slightest breeze screws them up.
I can't find them for the 22". Maybe your Amazon-foo is better than mine...can you share a link?

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I'll throw an FYI on this too. I plumbed a quick disconnect from my RV after the regulator and use an extension hose and an adapter to run my Blackstone. No small bottles and the 90* fitting allows the hose to drop straight down, avoiding getting in the way of the shelf.

HitIt

Reaction score
I'll throw an FYI on this too. I plumbed a quick disconnect from my RV after the regulator and use an extension hose and an adapter to run my Blackstone. No small bottles and the 90* fitting allows the hose to drop straight down, avoiding getting in the way of the shelf.
I did this too and found the propane flow rate was too low on my camper. My quick disconnect is at the back of my 5th wheel, 30 feet away from the tanks though. I was pretty bummed. I might have to replumb. Having to bring along an extra tank sucks, especially on short trips.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I have heard that older regulators can flow less than a new one. Might be worth swapping out an old one with a new one to see if that solves your low flow issue.

HitIt

Reaction score
I have heard that older regulators can flow less than a new one. Might be worth swapping out an old one with a new one to see if that solves your low flow issue.

My camper is brand new and I tested the pressure and it looks good. I think the low flow is due to all of the distribution blocks and relatively small diameter tubing they use for distribution. My old trailer had 1/2" hard line for primary distribution and it seemed to work way better. F'n RV mfgrs cheaping out.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
That could be. Mine comes right off the tank and goes to the 2-stage regulator, then right to my hose connection.

Attachments

• LPG-tank.jpg
    LPG-tank.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 60

Meaney77

Reaction score
I did this too and found the propane flow rate was too low on my camper. My quick disconnect is at the back of my 5th wheel, 30 feet away from the tanks though. I was pretty bummed. I might have to replumb. Having to bring along an extra tank sucks, especially on short trips.
I had the same issue using my RV tank. I may have to crawl under and see if I can run a line without a regulator. I hate having to carry propane bottes, its a PIA.

HitIt

Reaction score
That could be. Mine comes right off the tank and goes to the 2-stage regulator, then right to my hose connection.
Yeah, mine goes through around 30 feet of clusterfuck o_O

grumpy88

Reaction score
You cant double regulate if thats what your doing . It will cause the issue you are describing .

HitIt

Reaction score
You cant double regulate if thats what your doing . It will cause the issue you are describing .
Nope. I understand what you are saying and am not. Straight hose from the quick disconnect to the griddle. Only 1 regulator in line. Appreciate the thought though. I know a lot of people make that mistake.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Nope. I understand what you are saying and am not. Straight hose from the quick disconnect to the griddle. Only 1 regulator in line. Appreciate the thought though. I know a lot of people make that mistake.
Dam it . I was hoping it was a easy fix

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so you took the reg off the grille , or there is one on the grille???

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
pretty much what every body does,... they count the reg at the grille as one... quick conects on rv's and trailers are low pressure... when you hook up a grille it will be reg, so now 2 reg= 2 low of pressure

funny, evey rv site has multible threads about this,... and no one seems to get it.....you can buy the new hose to remove the reg from the grille and plug it in.... it's that easy

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
here's another thing... the plumbing on a rv is all low pressure...... any grille you get that uses a bottle of any sort will not work unless you modify the grille to except low pressure instead of a bottle which is high pressure, they sell low pressure grilles, made to hook up to the low pressure side quick connect, but they're hard to find...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Dam it . I was hoping it was a easy fix
LOL...you are right... and it is an easy fix.... propane pressure is propane pressure...when you loose pressure,.. you 're out of propane...all the plumbing in rv's is low pressure

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
post a pic of the grille and I will tell you if it will ever work or not...

One2go

Reaction score
pretty much what every body does,... they count the reg at the grille as one... quick conects on rv's and trailers are low pressure... when you hook up a grille it will be reg, so now 2 reg= 2 low of pressure

funny, evey rv site has multible threads about this,... and no one seems to get it.....you can buy the new hose to remove the reg from the grille and plug it in.... it's that easy
I have same 22 and it won't run on 5 gallon tank with the adapter hose that screws into the small tank fitting. What is the answer you mentioned a hose that replaces the blackstone regulator ? Is that the problem. Thanks

Singleton

Reaction score
I got a tailgater that i am looking to offload.
With my 2 oldest kids out of the house, we picked up a smaller grill.
$150 takes it.
I had a hitch on the rear of my ToyHauler so it was always out of the way.

Attachments

• DD7CC8D0-70CA-4C6C-BB6B-D521A9B959BC.png
    DD7CC8D0-70CA-4C6C-BB6B-D521A9B959BC.png
    585.1 KB · Views: 58

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I have same 22 and it won't run on 5 gallon tank with the adapter hose that screws into the small tank fitting. What is the answer you mentioned a hose that replaces the blackstone regulator ? Is that the problem. Thanks
you have to leave the reg. if you use a propane bottle...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
1627561520964.png

the hose in this pic is what you need, that will allow you to use either a small bottle (green) or a bulk 5 lb bottle

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
but, like I said above... this will not work with rv quick connect propne because the pressure will be too low... to use this grille you would have to remove everything all the way to the brass fitting at the grille